Moms that lost belly hang, extra flab, stretch marks..

Options

Replies

• clbowman11
    clbowman11 Posts: 117
    Options
    Awesome! This is what my stomach looks like. Like your before photo. And I was 175 when I started 169 now. But, a long ways to go, but this gives me hope! I have more stretch marks I believe but, I'm hoping I can get my stomach back down to normal. It's taking some skin firming lotion daily as well. So far it seems to be helping my skin keep up with my weight loss. Thanks for posting your photo!
  • clbowman11
    clbowman11 Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm about halfway to goal in the bottom pic...the stretch marks have faded but will never be totally gone, but I'm cool with that :smile: sorry the before pics are such crappy quality!

StartingPointJan2012.jpg?t=1340979031

6MonthsJune292012.jpg?t=1340979031

Awesome! This is what my stomach looks like. Like your before photo. And I was 175 when I started 169 now. But, a long ways to go, but this gives me hope! I have more stretch marks I believe but, I'm hoping I can get my stomach back down to normal. It's taking some skin firming lotion daily as well. So far it seems to be helping my skin keep up with my weight loss. Thanks for posting your photo!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    you all look so awesome, im hoping to post pics on here within the next month or 2
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Very nice ladies-you all look amazing!
  • mckmom69
    mckmom69 Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AmandaCathleen
    Options
    My Doctor told me that soemtimes after you are heavy and have had c sections it is quite impossible to "naturally" lose the flab, I went from 445 and 2 c-sections to 240 and had to surgically had the skin and only the skin removed. The best bet would be to talk to your Dr and see what the best choice is for you personally, (the surgery I had was a pannectulomy.... NOT a tummy tuck) Goodluck! :smile:
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump buump buuuump!

I had 4 children, one of them C-section. Even at my skinniest (112 lbs) I had the low abdominal flab. The surgeon than did my C-section sewed me up with staples and PINCHED my left side very bad. Not only that he also cut me nearly from hip to hip. Not even my mom who had a C-section 33 years ago had a cut that big.
    This particular surgeon was pretty much kicked out of town. He had so many law suits against him that he couldn't practice here anymore.

I hold no illusion that my scar and hanging flap will ever go away (unless I win the lottery and have surgery), but I keep hoping that it will get better. I'm amping up my reverse sit ups and on exercises that tighten the lower abdomen.

I'm so affected by this that I have an awful hard time getting completely naked in front of a man. It embarrasses me so much. Walking around in my underwear in front of a guy is a struggle for me.

If I could afford it, I would have surgery because this is the part of my body that bugs me the most.

The worse about the whole thing also is that my daughter died 17 hours after she was born by C-section. I have a scar to forever remind me of that.
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    BUUUUUMP!
  • tiffanyjade09
    tiffanyjade09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bumo
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have a couple pics in my profile.. I do still have plenty of stretch marks, though, and those won't ever go away. Also, a little extra skin. I'm hoping it will go away eventually!

I've had two kids, no c-sections, btw.

What are you talking about?!!! You look amazing :)
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    BUMP! i NEED TO SEE THIS!
  • mishkat
    mishkat Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant with my daughter at 18. It had been 12 years and pretty obvious that the extra skin and split abdominal muscles were not going anywhere, despite running, weightlifting, etc etc etc, so last year i said screw this and got a full tummy tuck and muscle repair. i have permanent sutures holding my abdominal wall together and the doctor removed five inches of skin below my natural belly button. best decision i ever made. i've got some ab definition now but i work for it. the doctor agreed that the quality of my skin was poor and it never would have gone back, no matter what i did. sometimes you gotta intervene if you don't have the genetics to support your efforts, but mad props to the ladies who could make it happen on their own.

7462213242_4fb7a135fa.jpg
  • laceylady1
    laceylady1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    mom of four .. had my son 8mths ago!

this is me before below @ 23% body fat!

deocn6.jpg

me now @ 19% body fat below. 110lbs

4315946_106.jpg

i workout 6days a week..started strength training 3x a week with ab workouts 3x a week..
    cardio 2 or 3 days a week for 30-60mins a day!

of course i still wanna tone up and tighten up more..esp get rid of the baby pooch.. but im happy with my results so far =)
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just completed 6 weeks after my c section and for last few days i was searching for similar topic in archives. Today i signed to log in my official 6 weeks weight loss and before that found this thread

My dr said utreus is back to its place but my pooch on right is bigger than left side. Dont know the reasons

Can anyone suggest how to start workout considering only six weeks has passed and i am having joint pains. Dr cleared to do excercise and after all the hectic im lethargic and have local pain too. Heard ull have even after years

Any suggestions???
  • whimsy456
    whimsy456 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    so there is hope for me. anyone who had a real hanging 'apron' tummy?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!