Moms that lost belly hang, extra flab, stretch marks..

Options

Replies

• christinechipchase
    christinechipchase Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump x
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Wow, you women truly do look amazing. I was thin before baby and let myself go. Alot happened and I had alot of complications while pregnant including multiple hernias, and incompetent veins. It was unplanned, and I was in a car wreck and going through shock therapy and physical therapy on my. back, hip, and neck when I found out I was pregnant. I had to quit that because of safety issues. I was working 7 days a week, 2 jobs and was on my feet alllll daaaayy lllooonnngg.. I didn't work out and I was so depressed that I ate all the time hense my weight gain.

If i could change anything in this world it would be how I cared for my health/body while I was pregnant. I never would have gained so much weight. and the weight just caused even more complications and anemia and preeclampsia and other things as well. I think if I had cared more while pregnant than I would be able to be proud of my stretch marks and body. They are my own fault. And that I think is why i am so sad about my 'pouch, flab, flop, hang' today.

One day I hope to look as amazing or even HALF as amazing as you gals!
  • tpotey
    tpotey Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I'll post a pic later when I have some time to take a picture. It may not be a success yet, but it is looking good in the transition phase and might be encouraging to those you have waited a while after having kids. In my opinion, my loose skin is starting to tighten.

Just, Please, no harsh words, I don't want to cause drama by this post. :ohwell:

PS: I have also heard it depends on genetics, and in my case, my mom is a size 4 and in shape with still a big bulge. So, we will see about that factor.

Ok, so I feel like a dork because I can find no before pictures. Last night, my friend who took my progress pictures told me she could see a bit difference tho, because the belly did not hang, just pooched out.
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow, you women truly do look amazing. I was thin before baby and let myself go. Alot happened and I had alot of complications while pregnant including multiple hernias, and incompetent veins. It was unplanned, and I was in a car wreck and going through shock therapy and physical therapy on my. back, hip, and neck when I found out I was pregnant. I had to quit that because of safety issues. I was working 7 days a week, 2 jobs and was on my feet alllll daaaayy lllooonnngg.. I didn't work out and I was so depressed that I ate all the time hense my weight gain.

If i could change anything in this world it would be how I cared for my health/body while I was pregnant. I never would have gained so much weight. and the weight just caused even more complications and anemia and preeclampsia and other things as well. I think if I had cared more while pregnant than I would be able to be proud of my stretch marks and body. They are my own fault. And that I think is why i am so sad about my 'pouch, flab, flop, hang' today.

One day I hope to look as amazing or even HALF as amazing as you gals!

I am sure you will be amongst the ranks of the girls with pictures. And I wouldn't be to hard on yourself--from what you said, you had a lot to overcome during your pregnancy, more than most women. :o)
  • Marcillene
    Options

You do give me inspiration. My body looks very similar to your before photo. (And I am currently at 170lbs.) How tall are you if you dont mind me asking? And do you workout/diet?

Thank you!! I'm 5'3". I generally do a couple days of HIIT on the treadmill each week, and one day of a long run, plus 3 days of heavy strength training and sometimes I take a cardio kickboxing class at my gym (I wind up going maybe once a week to once every couple weeks). As for diet, I eat pretty clean and stay away from grains/breads/pasta--only bc they upset my stomach. My macros are set at 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fats, and I stay around 1400 cals a day. Feel free to take a look at my diary!

Oh and another poster asked a good question, regarding if people lost weight right after pregnancy/were in good shape prior to etc. For me, I was about a size 4 before I got pregnant, but not because I was in good shape, I was just young and had a good metabolism. I didn't really watch what I ate or work out regularly, so I was pretty much the definition of "skinny fat." I gained about 70 lbs during pregnancy, lost 30 pretty quickly but gained back about 10-15 of that weight over a couple years and just stayed at my heaviest, ,170 for a while until I started working on it this past January. My son is 5, will be 6 in November. It DEFINITELY would have been easie (and a LOT smarter) if I'd been in good shape before or starting working at it right after pregnancy!

Gosh, I am so excited for you! Because you look great in your bikini, and that makes me excited for me to loose and tone some more enough to where i would look like to look like you do! And your stretch marks blend well with your skin! You look awesome and I hope I can rock it like you do soon. I wish I would have had a little less post partom and alot more umph to get into shape right after my son was born! But i had a csection and went straight back to working 2 jobs and 7 days a week. (Weekends working 16 hour shifts on my feet) and juggling a newborn, his doctors, a weekend daycare and a weekday daycare, and all the stress that comes with a job and being a new mom doing it alone. I just wish I could have juggled my weight and working out better!

But you said your son was a few years old when you started loosing again, so it does make me excited that its not too late!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    This had been posted in other threads. From my profile, before and after losing the flab. I have two vaginal births.
    2567606_8291.jpg

I did HIIT circuits of full body/plyometrics exercises with weights, and ate at a slight deficit for the above results. I upped my calories now, and added more weight training now.
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Its been 6 years since i was pregnant and dream about my body being like some of your before pictures my stretch marks are crazy looking even after all this time, i have to that are thick and brutal right near navel going all way up.
    My tummy slouch is bad too looks like a w shape.
  • Marcillene
    Options
    I know! I wish I looked near as good as these girls' before pics! If I did I would definitally see it as a major success! LOL
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    To those moms who have posted, the ones that didn't 'snap back' right away,
    you've done brilliantly.

It's pretty hard for us that can't snap back to post a pic of what's left after child birth,
    but you've all done so well :)
  • Marcillene
    Options
    To those moms who have posted, the ones that didn't 'snap back' right away,
    you've done brilliantly.

It's pretty hard for us that can't snap back to post a pic of what's left after child birth,
    but you've all done so well :)

Bump!
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bump for later......

2 kids no c-section but yucky scar from hysterectomy :angry:
  • saminouslim
    Options
    Nanou,

No, no :'(

:p
  • tekeyla25
    tekeyla25 Posts: 84
    Options
    I was breastfeeding and my boobs have no density whatsoever any moms fix there flappy boobs and if so how do you do that!?
  • Marcillene
    Options
    I was breastfeeding and my boobs have no density whatsoever any moms fix there flappy boobs and if so how do you do that!?

My fix as of right now, is a pushup bra. Lol. I hope someone else has a better alternative that doesn't cost $4500-$6000.
  • tierraaf
    tierraaf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This post was right on time! You ladies look awesome. This is what I needed. I see so many women who make transformations and I'm always like, "they don't have my issues." But these ARE my issues (minus c-section), we all share the same issues and I love it. We can all pull each other up and prove that it's possible. I'm a true believer now. :sad: :sad: :drinker: :drinker: :glasses:
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have a set of twins born via c-section (double breech) and a singleton born via VBAC less than 2.5 years later. The weight wouldn't come off until the twins were over one. Every time i tried my milk supply was compromised. After they turned one I lost the weight and the Mister must have thought I was pretty hot and we had a third.

I am on a recovery week after finishing 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, P90X, and Insanity.

abs.jpg
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    There is a new no surgical method that the doc can do to tighten it up. I saw it on tv 2 times
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Y'all look fantastic, it does give me hope. :)

Pre-pregnancy, I was about 180; I'm 5'7 with a very big frame, so I was mostly skinnyfat with a little muscle. Got up to about 220 with my kid (he was almost 10 lbs though, and my doc said I was healthy - btw, no C-section). I let myself go for 7 years after that, but since December-ish I've been slowly getting back on track, and this past April was when I got really serious with MFP.

Stretch marks? No big whoop, I kinda like them and they're already fading. Flabbo skin? A little more concerned with. I'll be implementing more strength training as I can, since I've read success stories saying it worked. Worth a shot.

Think there's a chance of rebound? Anyone else with similar circumstances? I'm going for smaller and healthier than I was prior to birth.
  • Marcillene
    Options
    There is a new no surgical method that the doc can do to tighten it up. I saw it on tv 2 times
    Do u know what it was called?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!