Moms that lost belly hang, extra flab, stretch marks..

Options

Replies

• butterflimom32
    Options
    Bump- I would love to know how I can look tight n firm myself. After 2 kiddos, 1 c-section, and losing over 100 pounds I am covered from head to toe (literally) in stretch marks. Also have areas that are (gulp) flabby ...
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm brave enough to post any bikini pics yet... I had zero hope of getting rid of my kangaroo pouch because I had lost about 60 lbs. and it wasn't going anywhere. The last 20lbs. have really helped, though. I'm excited to see if the next 20 lbs. eliminates it completely, because it was REALLY bad (as in, still looking pregnant even though I had lost so much weight. And honestly- I just got back from vacation so haven't worked out in 2 weeks and was eating crappy, and guess what? I look six months pregnant again :( It takes a lot of consistency). My pouch was even lopsided- one side sagged more than the other, lol. So, for me, I had to lose 80 lbs. before I could see that it was leaving, and am guessing that I won't be "happy" with my pouch until I lose 100 lbs. Stretch marks are still there, but they are so much thinner and lighter now. They're thinner because of the weight loss, but their color just takes time, can't rush that. So, don't get discouraged, ladies. It takes a LONG time. This might not be true for everyone, but for me, I had to get back to my pre-kids weight (I have three children) before my pouch started to improve. Getting back to pre-kids weight isn't enough, though, because everything has been so stretched out. Edited to add that my second child was born via c-section.
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Can I see some photos of moms that lost their sag, flab, flop, wiggle, jiggle, everything and anything that you get from having a baby.

LMAO! I don't know what to call it either. Haha. I see a lot of bumps, but only a handful of successes tho.

Anyway, mine isn't gone, but it is a lot, lot smaller if you would like a picture of that. I am only about halfway to my goal, and not consistent with my strength or core. I bet if I focused on that aspect of my routine, I would be a lot farther along int the disappearing "sag, flab, flop, wiggle, jiggle, everything and anything that you get from having a baby" look. :laugh:

Edit: I am also focusing on decreasing my BF% by -1.5% per month and I think this will help too. :smile:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    the pic on the right is my "before" pic. Under that, is a close-up of the new and improved tummy. ETA - i didn't have a c-section, but i've had 14 surgeries on my abdomen. mostly through one bikini line scar that goes from hip to hip, right below the panties. The other one was laproscopic. i think you can see the 2 scars from that, plus one in the navel.

WOW you did a GREAT job. You are so thin. And it doesnt even look like you have stretch marks?! (Do you?)

oh, i definitely do have stretch marks. they've just faded a lot over time as i've lost weight. and for those who've asked other questions - i started over 200lbs, not entirely sure what i weighed. i'm 6' tall. i currently weigh 162-165. i lost the weight in about 4 months, but have become MUCH more tightened up over the last few months, when i've not lost any weight. i've been running mostly for exercise.
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    A friend of mine is a personal trainer and I showed her my tummy.

BTW I have one 2-year-old daughter and I didn't have a c-section.

Anyway, my friend said there's nothing I can do about it. What I have hanging from my abdomen is skin. The only way for me to get rid of it is to have a tummy tuck.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Can I see some photos of moms that lost their sag, flab, flop, wiggle, jiggle, everything and anything that you get from having a baby.

LMAO! I don't know what to call it either. Haha. I see a lot of bumps, but only a handful of successes tho. @ Marci, Congrats!!!! How long did it take, and did it keep getting smaller until it went away?

Anyway, mine isn't gone, but it is a lot, lot smaller if you would like a picture of that. I am only about halfway to my goal, and not consistent with my strength or core. I bet if I focused on that aspect of my routine, I would be a lot farther along int the disappearing "sag, flab, flop, wiggle, jiggle, everything and anything that you get from having a baby" look. :laugh:

Edit: I am also focusing on decreasing my BF% by -1.5% per month and I think this will help too. :smile:

Surprisingly I went from 224 to 193 the first 2 months. They next 13lbs took another 3 months (Down to 180). Then, I lost from 180lbs to 168lbs by the time my son was 7 1/2months old. I maintained until he was about 9 months old, endured alot of stress at that time and got back up to 193 tops. mid-May of this year I began from 193 and am currently stuck at 170-171. Even though my prepregnancy weight has been almost reached, I now realize I will definitally have to be way below and more fit for any 'sag, flab, flop' to be flattened. Lol.

OH YEAH.. going from 180lbs to 168 I was doing the HCG Diet.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    2 C-sections baby! This is an older pic. I am ALMOST at an 8pk as of this morning! ;)

12543920_2988.jpg
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @ HotMama, Congrats!!!!
    @ Garcia, what extra skin? :o)
    @ Alyssa, Amazing tonage!
    @ Alexis, Impressive!
    How long did it take you ladies, and did it keep getting smaller before it went away?
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I don't have a before photo but my profile picture is current, and it's after 2 cesareans. As far as tips I drank tons of water while pregnant, and did light cardio approximately 4 days a week. Now I think it's cardio, some resistance and eating as "clean" as possible.

Some women do have excess skin that hasn't gone away, and unfortunately for some a tummy tuck is all they can do.
  • Marcillene
    Options
    the pic on the right is my "before" pic. Under that, is a close-up of the new and improved tummy. ETA - i didn't have a c-section, but i've had 14 surgeries on my abdomen. mostly through one bikini line scar that goes from hip to hip, right below the panties. The other one was laproscopic. i think you can see the 2 scars from that, plus one in the navel.

WOW you did a GREAT job. You are so thin. And it doesnt even look like you have stretch marks?! (Do you?)

oh, i definitely do have stretch marks. they've just faded a lot over time as i've lost weight. and for those who've asked other questions - i started over 200lbs, not entirely sure what i weighed. i'm 6' tall. i currently weigh 162-165. i lost the weight in about 4 months, but have become MUCH more tightened up over the last few months, when i've not lost any weight. i've been running mostly for exercise.

GOSH I am 170lbs now and 5'9 and would LOVE to look like you do. My stretch marks look like ripples. Lol.
  • wendalin4
    wendalin4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ali_louise
    ali_louise Posts: 14
    Options
    bump please!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm about halfway to goal in the bottom pic...the stretch marks have faded but will never be totally gone, but I'm cool with that :smile: sorry the before pics are such crappy quality!

StartingPointJan2012.jpg?t=1340979031

6MonthsJune292012.jpg?t=1340979031
  • kandi810
    kandi810 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bump. Three c-sections in three years and hysterectomy through the same zipper six months after third child.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    it also depends if some people got in shape right after they had their kid(s) and if they were in shape before.

how many of these people got in shape within a year of having a kid, how many were overweight for 5-10 years (or longer)?
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Great job to the few who have posted! Def inspiring!
  • lesphat
    lesphat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    who was hot mamma's surgeon? Did a fantastic job.
    lesphat
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am 48 with a healthy range BMI of 22.9 and fat % of 24. Both my girls (now 25 & 19 years old) were unscheduled (baby going into distress, luckily not emergency) c-sections . I have good and bad news. First the good. The stretch marks will FADE! Even though they do not go away completely they will not be as noticeable. Now for the bad (at least in my case). The flap does not go away without surgery. I've looked into having it done but choose to wear it as a badge of honor instead. I've lost all the weight several times and maintained the loss for long periods of time and at the best it is a fatty flap of skin over the scar. I am just happy that mine is not very big (about 5 inches across) and below the bikini line.
  • Marcillene
    Options
    I'm about halfway to goal in the bottom pic...the stretch marks have faded but will never be totally gone, but I'm cool with that :smile: sorry the before pics are such crappy quality!

StartingPointJan2012.jpg?t=1340979031

6MonthsJune292012.jpg?t=1340979031

You do give me inspiration. My body looks very similar to your before photo. (And I am currently at 170lbs.) How tall are you if you dont mind me asking? And do you workout/diet?
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm sure its because I was way overweight for so many years,but I've had 2 c-sections, and the more weight I lose, the further down my belly seems to hang..lol ugh! I hope it will improve over time, I still have a lot more weight to lose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!