Do you like to work out?

Replies

• JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    I don't like going to the gym, but once I'm there I really enjoy it. Totally, the endorphin effect. But, I also love the way I feel afterwards and the extra energy I seem to get.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    When I started MFP I hated any form of exercise but am gradually starting to enjoy it. I'm only brisk walking at this point, but enjoy a brisk walk twice daily for 20 minutes. I am able to do one mile in 20 minutes and have seen much improvement since starting mfp. I think this is what I'm enjoying the most, watching my improvement. I have gone from getting short of breath in about 1/10 to 2/10 of a mile, to no shortness until I've walked about 2 1/2 mile. My goal is to walk 3 miles in 40 minutes without stopping. I also plan on adding yoga and strength training to my workout.
  • I kind of like working out, I like feeling my muscles working and my heart racing because it feels like I'm making progress. However I LOVE the feeling immediately after an intense workout and I think that is what motivates me to do it everyday.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Yep, it's really fun. There's been a few times when I haven't felt like it but still go to the gym. By the time I get done with my workout I always feel really good. And besides it's also a good stress reliever too.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Hmmmm tough one. I'll say that before the workout I'm kind of thinking, "ugh again?" during the workout its more like, "I can do this, not so bad" and afterward its, "Oh man I feel sooooooo much better, I'm soooo glad I didn't punk out on myself!". :drinker:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This and if there was just some way to not sweat :grumble: I hate sweating :sad:
  • TR56
    TR56 Posts: 63 Member
    Love every second of it. It's my time to zone out and focus on building a better me
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Hmm, depends on the exercise!

I always like hiking, bike-riding, ice- or inline-skating. I also like boot camp and aquafit classes, but only 1-2 times per week.

I sometimes like jogging and swimming, especially if I have lots of extra energy that I want to burn off.

I mildly dislike the elliptical or exercise bikes, mostly because they're not very stimulating. I can't let my mind wander like I can with the above activities. I generally don't enjoy weightlifting either, although it's gratifying everytime I move to a larger set.

I despise crossfit and step classes (frankly I don;t understand them and I have neither the ability nor the desire)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    I can be a bit of a sloth getting around to it, but once I'm working out I love it.

This
  • I like it, especially because it gives me a short break from the kids where I can run and work out my frustrations. But sometimes after getting the kids up, fed, and dressed in the mornings (they can be a handful), I'm so out of energy already that I just don't wanna and have to force myself to go, lol.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    I hate thinking about it, I hate having to go but once I'm there I really like it and push myself to do more.

This ^^ I tell everyone (family and friends) I like it, so I don't dread going so much. But once I get out of the car and open that gym door, I feel like I'm home :smooched:
  • I love it :)
  • I'm slow to get started but once that motivation kicks in I love it.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    I love running. I do all the other stuff (swimming, cross cardio, weights, plyo, yoga...) only to support my running habit hahaha

There are many many days I think I'm too tired. My mood is too foul. However, I never say "I regret going to the gym." Most often, I just suck it up and get it done.

99 percent of the battle is changing my clothes. Once my workout clothes are on, I'm committed.
  • SophieB74656
    SophieB74656 Posts: 81 Member
    no, can't stand it. I hate every minute of it. I never feel that endorphin rush that people talk about. I never feel energized or anyting after. When I'm done, in my head I'm happy that I did it, but physically I'm sore, sweaty, tired, and just miserable.
  • stephanieGbraswell
    stephanieGbraswell Posts: 38 Member
    Yep! I have a hard time finding time though. I LOVE playing basketball it's a great stress reliever.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    No. I hate it HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!

My husband and my trainer both keep telling me that I will learn to love it, and that I will get the "exercise high" Well, I have been doing this for almost 8 months and I still hate it, still haven't felt that freakin high, and I still can't stand it.

I force myself to exercise...the only joy I have in it is when It is finally over and I am free of the hell that it is, and I can go do other things I like to do. For the life of me....I know people enjoy it and I understand and respect them for it...but how in the name of all that's holy does someone LIKE to be all sweaty, dirty and sore? To me its a nightmare :(

I rejoice in my laziness!! But I still make myself exercise :( God I hate it :(
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    I've been liking it more lately. I think my body is adapting to my running so it's easier to breathe.
  • tansygreen
    tansygreen Posts: 85 Member
    Can be pretty lazy about getting round to it, but I love the feeling immediately after I've finished, and it lasts the rest of the day.

I prefer to exercise outdoors to a gym though.

If weather is bad or I can't get out because if the kids, I get on the bike which I have attached to a realtour and I will watch a something on the computer to pass the time away, while I cycle. I don't think I could stick it for an hour unless I took my mind off it with some sort of drama or whatever.

I definitely think exercising regularly helps me so much with my mood. I'm naturally quite grumpy if I don't get out or get some sort of exercise for more than a day or two.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    It's hard work but I love the way I feel after a great work out, pumped and primed for the day (i w/o in the morning before work)
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    I can be a bit of a sloth getting around to it, but once I'm working out I love it.

^^ this