Replies

• shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The serious replies make me giggle...
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You should go here on your "free days", so you can recharge your carbs and protein!

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

:laugh:
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    5 LB overnight?!

I'm going to come work out with you. Damn
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Did you have a "spotter"?
    If you aren't tea bagged properly you will do to many reps...therefore causing said engorging.
    Glad I could be a helper.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Who has wound you up today?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I recommend 1200 calories maximum and lots of elliptical and zumba. There's also some pink weights that you can use but you should probably get a video at home and use that with the pink weights.

You'll get really tone. Lots of reps.

What about Tae-Bo?

Good god, man! If you don't want to build serious muscle mass stay as far away from Tae-Bo as possible. Just saying "Billy Blanks" three times will add ten pounds of muscle.
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    Did you remember to put the weight back after those curls ?
  • Carolinagirlo76
    Carolinagirlo76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    LOL I guess it helps to see which board the posts you're replying to are posted on huh. My bad. :drinker:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If you aren't tea bagged properly you will do to many reps...therefore causing said engorging.

Did you log the calories for that teabag?
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Definitely stick to cardio. You MUST lose all your fat before you can begin to weight train. Everyone knows that :bigsmile:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Only women should lift weights... us guys need to stick to cardio and zumba!

Is that Shane MacGowan? If so you are officially my new beshtest friend :)
  • bodyjammin85
    bodyjammin85 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    First, don't weigh yourself every day. You couldn't gain 5lbs of muscle or fat in 1 day so it'll just be water weight. Lifting is one of the most effective ways to burn fat but keep lean muscle.

Lift heavy and have a good rest afterwards. Don't work the same muscle group more than twice in one week.

One pound of muscle takes up less space than one pound of fat so weight doesn't matter, just measurements and how your clothes fit.
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    Options
    Weight gain is common when you start lifting weights. I put on 3+ the week after I started. But first, let me tell you that you did NOT build 5 pounds of muscle with one workout. That takes time so ignore that previous post. What I have learned from here is that by using your muscles and creating soreness, your body retains water and increases blood flow to the muscles to help repair and protect. After a couple days, you will be back to normal. Continue lifting and doing cardio giving your body time to hear, build and rest. You will see the results. It is important to drink lots of water to stay hydrated as well.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I recommend 1200 calories maximum and lots of elliptical and zumba. There's also some pink weights that you can use but you should probably get a video at home and use that with the pink weights.

If you need someone to volunteer to lick the sweat from your body, hit me up!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

best answer ever.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Question? Did you lick the sweat off your body after lifting?

:laugh:
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

If you need someone to volunteer to lick the sweat from your body, hit me up!

Get in line! I'm taking him to Chick-Fil-A! :laugh:
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Everyone knows if you use the pink weights you will get bulkier faster. Did you use the pink weights?
  • AshleyChambana
    Options
    The storage form of carbohydrate in muscle is called glycogen. Glycogen holds a lot of water and therefore causes the muscle to be very heavy, weighing more than fat. This is the reason that starting a strength regime can cause you to put on a few pounds. However, increasing your body's percentage of lean body mass (muscle) will also raise you basal metabolic rate- the amount of energy it takes you just to stay alive. A person with more muscle will burn more calories while working out and also while just completing normal daily tasks- sitting at a desk, walking the dog, even sleeping. On top of that, strength training is good for bone structure and to prevent injuries. Even people with weight loss goals should be doing some sort of moderate resistance/strength training 2-3x/week. You don't have to get all Ahhhnold with it though. :)
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Careful, someone's going to get their feelings hurt and post a 'Why are people so mean?' thread.

Stay away from protein, you'll bulk up. Also, don't eat yellow snow.