Weights Bad??

Options

Replies

• Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I recommend 1200 calories maximum and lots of elliptical and zumba. There's also some pink weights that you can use but you should probably get a video at home and use that with the pink weights.

You'll get really tone. Lots of reps.

HAR HAR HAR... Be a jerk much?

OP: Umm... You didn't gain weight in one day. Lifting weights will cause some water retention in your muscles as they repair themselves post-workout. A small weight gain the few days after you lift is normal. Keep lifting! As long as your eating is on track and you're not following a bulking diet, you'll lose weight. Add in cardio as well, and it should help you lose the weight faster. I'm losing weight, too, and I lift 2-3 times a week with a trainer and I do cardio almost every day. You won't be sorry you lifted weights, trust me.

632 posts, 3 years on the interwebz, still unaware
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I recommend 1200 calories maximum and lots of elliptical and zumba. There's also some pink weights that you can use but you should probably get a video at home and use that with the pink weights.

HAR HAR HAR... Be a jerk much?

OP: Umm... You didn't gain weight in one day. Lifting weights will cause some water retention in your muscles as they repair themselves post-workout. A small weight gain the few days after you lift is normal. Keep lifting! As long as your eating is on track and you're not following a bulking diet, you'll lose weight. Add in cardio as well, and it should help you lose the weight faster. I'm losing weight, too, and I lift 2-3 times a week with a trainer and I do cardio almost every day. You won't be sorry you lifted weights, trust me.

632 posts, 3 years on the interwebz, still unaware

^This.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Only women should lift weights... us guys need to stick to cardio and zumba!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    All wrong...you need to stick to 5 lb. weights and 100 reps!!

I know this is a joke, but as a woman who lifts her *kitten* off on the regular, I take issue with it. :mad:

This is what women who lift heavy REALLY look like...

tumblr_m1y2dwuESM1qak28ho1_400.jpg
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options

I know this is a joke, but as a woman who lifts her *kitten* off on the regular, I take issue with it. :mad:

Sensitive much?
  • debussyschild
    Options
    So far we're up to 2 people who seem to have taken this post seriously... :happy:

And apparently, I'm one of them. :ohwell:

OP: go spin your way into oblivion... that ought to do it.
  • debussyschild
    Options

Sensitive much?

YUP. I must be. Why do you give a *kitten*?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    This is a JOKE thread!!!
    How can people not see that, just look at the profile pic! :noway:

Why thank you. :blushing:
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    So far we're up to 2 people who seem to have taken this post seriously... :happy:

And apparently, I'm one of them. :ohwell:

OP: go spin your way into oblivion... that ought to do it.

When Superman spins time turns backwards. Fact.
  • andreamkelly
    Options

Trick is to read the forum that the post is in... Always good for a laugh... Thanks!
  • randomartisrgirl
    Options
    Ignore the sarcasm. It's most likely all water, because you can't gain 5 pounds from lifting weights just like that.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Sensitive much?

YUP. I must be. Why do you give a *kitten*?

Cause you're giving one. A big one. In public.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

I am a heterosexual female who still drooled a little at this.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I would probably stop exercising. A friend of mine told me that if you start getting abs they will go away if you wait a week. Also, if you are getting too bulky all over she suggested that eating less helps.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If my local gym was like this I would be down there for hours getting "tips" on how to bench press.

Just need to find a way to disguise myself as a towel!

• mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

^^^ I might have drooled a bit as my jaw dropped to the floor.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    So I lifted weights yesterday and today I was 5 lbs. up. I am trying to lose weight not gain it........Maybe weight training just isn't for me. Should I go back to just doing cardio? I gave it a shot but it doesn't seem to be working out.

were they barbie weights, or donut weigths?
    Personally I like the 12 oz weights that come in gold or the 6 oz weights that come in red . . . I find that when I'm doing oz weights instead of pound weights I definitely see an overall increase in overall bodyweight the next few days.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options

What about Tae-Bo?

This is amazing information!!! I'm so glad it's all compiled together! :laugh:

-Jenae
    "Lift Heavy! Run Hard!" =D
    http://www.facebook.com/jenaesmithfitness (Daily motivation, to keep you going!)
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/JenaeSmith/
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

It got all over my keyboard.

Someday.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    It'll be gone in no time if you drink these shakes, and only these shakes, for every single meal. PM me for the link, it'll only cost you $4,567.82 a month. Oh, and don't forget to check your pee, that's where all the fat comes out.