The one food that the hardest to give up...

Options

Replies

• brendas026
    brendas026 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ice cream with a lot (and I mean tons of) hard shell chocolate!!!!!!
    15xa714.jpg
  • AnewTif
    AnewTif Posts: 26
    Options
    I had WLS 6 months ago and the one thing I miss. I've pretty much given them up, but I MISS sandwiches. Nutty Oat 100% Wheat Bread, mayo, avocado, turkey, red onion and sprouts or PB & J or BLT's. Sandwiches in general. If I eat a sandwich now it it's 1 piece of bread, 2 slices of turkey, a thin layer of mayo/avocado mixture and I can only eat about 2/3 of 1/2 a sandwich. Then I start hurting. It's not worth trying to eat, but goodness I do miss them.
  • tasiairene29
    Options
    I'm totally on the pizza wagon here.........or perhaps I should say off the pizza wagon. Thankfully I like the components of pizza so much that I am fine eating healthier versions, such as crustless or cheeseless or chicken pizza or homemade pizza....heck I even mixed broccoli with pizza sauce and fresh grated parm.......yum.
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    wait...there is one food. CANDY BARS! I think I'd actually commit murder for a Milky Way right now...or a snickers, or 3 Muskateers, or KitKat...oh no, i have to stop the madness!
  • bigdon123
    bigdon123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE!!!!
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Ugh, potatoes!
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hm, don't think I really gave up on anything, I just eat a lot less of it now ^^.
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    hob-nobs-combo.gif
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    chips, omg chips hahaha
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have some yummy healthier options for ice cream, if you want them feel free to message me! :)
    15xa714.jpg
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Liquid cheese.
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    peanutbutter! i have conquered the pb cookie cravings and i don't feel so bad if i have it with an apple or banana.
  • LittleRedBird18
    LittleRedBird18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh, so many things that I could list! But pizza is definitely at the top. And then beer and wine. I could live off of those three things if I could.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, or you're a quitter. I had pizza again today for lunch. :tongue:
  • chanellelangton
    Options
    AAAAA poutine!!! Will never ever give it up.
    And beer is ahard one too.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    The one thing that I gave up was lunch meat…kinda by accident. For about the first 6 – 7 months of my healthy change I would have a turkey sandwich almost every day for lunch so obviously for me, it wasn’t a deterrent from weight loss. But with the high sodium and everything I figured I would try to give it up for a month and then have it occasionally. Well, that month went by fast and before I knew it, I wasn’t even interested in having that for lunch anymore. Then, when I finally did have a turkey sandwich one day for lunch – I didn’t like it. After 40 years of life, I no longer like lunch meat – it’s a little sad. Sometimes I just want a damn turkey hoagie or sandwich and every time I’ve tried – boom, I don’t like it. The taste, texture….disappointing. :laugh:

That being said, I still will attempt to tear up an Italian hoagie every now and then. By tear I now mean order with high hopes and then be disappointed that I am full and I barely ate half of it. LOL.

So long story short (too late), I gave up turkey lunch meat. :bigsmile:
  • torpina
    torpina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    BREAD!
  • Pantera69
    Pantera69 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Olivia1977 wrote: »
    :yawn: You don't have to "give up" anything. I have two words for you: Portion Control. When you try to give up foods you will end up binging.

Just a question, relax lol I didnt say anything about actually giving up anything

• ivoluntas
    ivoluntas Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Anything dairy, especially sour cream. I used to drench my potato and tacos in that lovely mess. Pasta, red wine, chocolate cake.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Pantera69 wrote: »
    Olivia1977 wrote: »
    :yawn: You don't have to "give up" anything. I have two words for you: Portion Control. When you try to give up foods you will end up binging.

Just a question, relax lol I didnt say anything about actually giving up anything

OP returns to thread 3 years later lol.....strong bump