Moms...

Options

Replies

• aclark316
    Options
    I have a 2 yr. old son and a 4 month old daughter. I find that the best time is the time of day when we all want to kick back. When the kids go to bed. I know that I can get a good workout in without being interupted.
  • auntjenny74
    auntjenny74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I get up between 5 and 5:30 in the morning and run with the dog. When I get home in the evening we take a post-dinner walk as a family. Usually I push the baby in the stroller and my 5 year old rides his bike or scooter and my husband walks the dog. On weekends we do a "jammie walk" in the mornings which is essentially a longer version of our evening family walk where the kids get to wear their pajamas out in public.
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kiddos and the youngest 2 are 15 months and 7 weeks. I either workout at 5am before getting everyone ready for school or at 8:00pm when everyone is in bed.
  • haydenlove4
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred to get a full body workout in less than half an hour.

On days I work (10 hour days), I do it as soon as I get home while hubby starts dinner and watches the kids. On the days I'm home (I work 3 days a week), I do it as soon as I put my 5 month old down for her nap.

My 3 year old does it with me and says, "Go, mommy, go! Go faster!"

thats too cute!!! my daughter does it with me also
  • GeorgiaTina
    Options
    I have to do it at 5:00AM in order to spend time with my son after work. I am gone also from 7:00AM to 6:00PM
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    5:00 a.m. before the troops get up
  • AwesomePossum82
    Options
    I work out before anyone wakes up. Between 3-5am.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a SAHM and my husband works shift work... so whenever he's around for me to leave all 5 kids with lol... then I run. A lot... for my sanity :bigsmile:
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    early morning
    lunch break at work
    after the kids in bed at night

all require a TON of willpower and motivation! lol
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am not a mom but I gotta say, Yay moms for being active!

My masters and doctoral research is in how a child's perception of their parent's modeling and support behavior influences their likelihood of being physically active... If you are a good role model, your child will not only be more active but like to be active!

Also, I wanted to mention that there are ways to get your kids involved in PA with you...some of my earliest family memories were biking or running or summers at the pool... Thanks again for being awesome moms!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Naptime (when I can get my two to sleep at the same time) or as soon as they go to bed. Sometimes Saturday morning when my husband is home to watch them. It is tough to squeeze it in, but I still manage six days a week usually. I usually do Turbo Jam so it is an intense 45 minutes. I have to get the best bang for my time.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Also, I wanted to mention that there are ways to get your kids involved in PA with you...some of my earliest family memories were biking or running or summers at the pool... Thanks again for being awesome moms!

Yep... this too. Sometimes we'll go to our local hike/bike path... my husband will power walk with the 2 year old in the stroller and I'll run and the older kids will ride their bikes. My 12 y/o step daughter will sometimes walk or run too.
  • kwbernardo
    kwbernardo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how this will work when school begins again; I'm a teacher. Right now, I have the luxury of unstructured summer days. In two weeks, I'll be back to working from 7AM until 6PM most days (plus bringing work home with me). I think the only way possible is to get up at 4:30 to hit the gym before the day begins. After getting home at 6:30, making dinner, and spending a little time with my hubby and kiddos (15 year old twin boys), I'll need time to get prepared for the next day and get to bed.

Though this isn't an easy schedule, I don't want to lose what I've gained (or gain what I've lost) since I started this lifestyle change in April. :smile:
  • fraochmac
    fraochmac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I work FT and have 4 kids, so I find time when I can. I take at least one 3 mile walk on the weekend, go for a power walk with my sister at 9:30pm after my youngest kids are in bed, and power walk with my sister during our girls' cheerleading practice. I also work out in my basement. it does help to have my husband around nights and most weekends.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4am.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am up with the chickens!! And the rest of you that get up before the sun comes out! ;-)
  • determined_01
    Options
    Fortunately my husband works nights and leaves for work at 1pm. My 4 month old gets us up around 730-8, I get up get dressed and head to the garage to do my workout. Done in an hour, take a shower and all before my little one wants to eat again.
  • JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Usually in the morning before they get up! Then I try in the afternoons when it is rest time. If I go in the evenings I wait until their dad gets home! Or I try to come up with something they can do with me!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I make time. My husband voluntold me I was going to a gym, so he gets to look after the kids while I go to my sessions. And at home, it's when the kids are napping. =)
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom that home schools three kids age 1-5. The easiest thing for me to to is turn the tv to the salsa music station and have at it. The kids love it because I twirl them in the air while I'm doing it. I love it because there's no monotony or wondering how long I've done this or hollering at my kids to move out the way like I do when I'm doing exercise videos. As one song ends, another one I want to dance to comes on. The kids are my weights. Also work hard in my garden. I'm looking to turn weekends into fun excercise opportunities in nature.