IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT MFP . . .

Options
Jweb8969
Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
IT WOULD BE: _______________________________??

~ okay, so i know people will say "MFP is a FREE app, so quit bit%#ing!!" ~ i'm not dissing MFP ~ i love it ~ that's why i'm still here 180+ days later; AND

~ others will say "go to facebook!" and to them i would say "i'm already there, sweety, but they won't let me log my food and exercise!!" ;)

BUT, if i was ever asked to join in a brainstorming session on how to improve it, this would be my list:

(1) add a 'LIKE' button (or better yet something more original like a 'YOU ROCK' button or a 'YOU'RE KICKING YOUR OWN *kitten*!!' button) so that i can cheer on all my fellow mfp-ers on their motivational, inspirational and amazing progress;

(2) add the ability to attach a photo or link directly to our news feed so that our friends can see it without necessarily having to go to our individual profiles

(3) add some additional emoticons.

WHAT WOULD YOU ADD TO THE BRAINSTORMING SESSION??

(ps: this is just for fun! i <3 mfp and am not going anywhere!)

Replies

• coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    An ignore thread feature.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Being able to access the forums through the phone app.
  • Tina0807
    Tina0807 Posts: 212
    Options
    Definitely the pic attaching. And Dom's reply about the forums is a definite.
  • cherseg1
    Options
    Add a delete post, in case you write something REALLY stupid, and send it before reviewing it!! LOL
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Add a delete post, in case you write something REALLY stupid, and send it before reviewing it!! LOL

^^^^ I totally agree lol.

I would add a chat like facebook, as I know alot of user inbox frequently, it would make it easier on them.

I like everyone elses Ideas too, it just needs tweaking to be perfect
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    the same topics for the same matter
    "what hrm should i buy"
    "i wanna get rid of my thighs"
    how can i get rid of belly fat
    "does lifting 20lb db means i am lifting heavy"
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options

YES! This is what I came here to say. I love reading the forums but I use MFP on my phone 90% of the time.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Notifications for posts on your wall etc because sometimes I miss them
  • Jweb8969
    Options
    ~ these are all great ~ and some of them i hadn't thought of! i think my biggest one is the photo thing ~ i only put pics in a thread once because it was such a difficult, clumsy process . . .

or maybe it's just me?? LOL
  • Jweb8969
    Options
    ~ and sometimes i miss the notifications, too ~ and then i feel badly if someone has commented or asked me a question and i haven't responded ~
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    they really need to change the create your own recipe section. You should be able to change your amounts w/o having to delete and re-search for it, like you can in your food diary.
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    i need a farm and a new cafe..... lol!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
  • myangel05
    myangel05 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I wish on the phone app you could see the confirmations - that would help when I log via phone which is often!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    they really need to change the create your own recipe section. You should be able to change your amounts w/o having to delete and re-search for it, like you can in your food diary.

This completely!!! And the forums via phone.

Also, I'd like to be able to see the pie chart for my macros online like I do on my Android.
  • AstyPasty
    AstyPasty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Being able to see which posts on the forums I've already read or commented on! So annoying when I click on a post then realise I already read it earlier in the day!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'd like the ability to time stamp meals. For those who log before or after, the time stamp could be editable. Right now I add meal times to the notes section, but I'd love to see it integrated into the system.

And I give another YES vote to accessing forums from the mobil app.
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would like to have my favorite foods/recent foods & recipes in alphabetical order
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

YES YES and YES!

2. I also agree with the forums not accessible through the phone app. It makes me sad.

3. I wish they would go through and delete the 500 different versions of the same item in the database. It takes FOREVER to look through it all and decide which one is right and which is not, and then have a separate section for home-made items. So depending on what you are looking for either store-bought or someone else's home-made similar to yours (or a friends)!!!!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    My ticker!