Beautiful Blues--last week '09 and first week '10

Options

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Way to go Mary you should be sooo proud of yourself

I don't have a weight loss this week but with having the flu and wanting to do nothing but eat I think that is a good thing. I am going to try to get a workout in tonight but when I am sick I have a hard time breathing and get winded real easy. We wen t and walked aroun the local mall yesterday and by the time we left I was ready for a nap and was breathinh heavy.I don't want to push myself to hard until I get over this stupid cold.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! :flowerforyou: I've missed you. Who knew a week off from work could be so busy!!

I made it to the gym Monday - Thursday of last week. Friday it was closed. Saturday and Sunday my ID was expired ... getting it renewed today and going for two hours tonight!! I cannot wait!!!!!

But, I'm not weighing in today. I'm a little afraid to step on the scales. :blushing: I know I worked out, but I didn't drink much water, I ate horribly Saturday night and some of yesterday, and I know the scale will be up and will make me sad. SO... here's to a loss next week! :drinker:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    HI all,

My weight stayed the same this week, but my clothes feel looser and I feel leaner, so I know something is happening. The scale can be so discouraging sometimes. I should measure myself.

Stay positive Beautiful blues!

We can do this!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am making a resolution right here in front of all of you. Tonight when I get home I will put my elliptical in the weight room so I can use it without disturbing the guys while they watch tv and I can watch a movie on my laptop while I burn away the calories. I have been meaning to do this for a long time but have not done it yet and with my bedroom tv not working I can not use my Wii or do my workout videos.
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am making a resolution right here in front of all of you. Tonight when I get home I will put my elliptical in the weight room so I can use it without disturbing the guys while they watch tv and I can watch a movie on my laptop while I burn away the calories. I have been meaning to do this for a long time but have not done it yet and with my bedroom tv not working I can not use my Wii or do my workout videos.

Great idea!! If there is a will, there is a way!! Sometimes we have to get a little creative to fit in a workout.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    msh0530- Great story and you truly are an inspiration. You have that right, about it being one step at a time! I think you have a great attitude about the weight loss journey.

lcorrell14- Awesome job on working out through the holidays.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Go smadag! I will be waiting to hear how it goes. Today I am cleaning house like a mad woman. My husband said that he would take me out on a date every week that I keep the house spic and span clean. SO now I have a lofty goal. He doesn't think that I can do it. In fact usually when I ask him if we could go out he says "make sure he brings you home by eleven". Going out on dates is not his thing, obviously. So I am going to earn that date--and one every week just to show him. I will also be getting my body sexier and sexier. This will be a good thing. :smile: He even said that he thought he could put that out with no reservations as he was so sure I couldn't do it. We'll see. I have to admit that I am not the cleanest person--but we'll see. :bigsmile:

I think we are all afraid of the scales right now--honestly though it doesn't say anything about who we are it is just a measurement, like a blood pressure or a waist measurement. Don't beat yourself up. Own it. We can do this!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Is it cheating to just keep saying leave me where I am ---- after the holidays I find that I am actually up 5 pounds...I know it will be gone very quickly with drinking water, back to running, etc....If you think I should, I can change my weigh in for the group.

Hadn't done measurements since Sept and they were down.
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great new year!!!

Time to get back on track and stay on track!!!! :drinker:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Is it cheating to just keep saying leave me where I am ---- after the holidays I find that I am actually up 5 pounds...I know it will be gone very quickly with drinking water, back to running, etc....If you think I should, I can change my weigh in for the group.

I'm ALL for it!! This week is my TOM & since I'm on maintenance anyways........ :wink:
  • smadag1
    Options

Great idea!! If there is a will, there is a way!! Sometimes we have to get a little creative to fit in a workout.

The only problem is our weight room is not heated and it is FREEZING here
  • debnu1
    Options

I'm ALL for it!! This week is my TOM & since I'm on maintenance anyways........ :wink:

Whatever you think is best. You could leave it the same this week and then next week if by some horrible reason you aren't back then you can change it. We are looking good this week thanks to dawn...
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I'll leave it alone for now - and only increase it if I increase more.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Here is my favorite breakfast casserole recipe. It is from Zonya Foco's cookbook and is in the database under zonya foco breakfast casserole.

Preheat oven to 375
    spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray
    Makes 8 servings
    1 bag (24oz) frozen ore ida potatoes o'brien (hash browns with onions and peppers)
    1 c reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
    4 oz lean ham or canadian bacon or lowfat smoked sausage
    4 whole eggs
    8 egg whites
    1/4 c skim milk
    1/4 c dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp thyme
    40 grinds fresh ground pepper

Place the frozen potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Break up large chunks. Cut the meat into small chunks. Sprinkle the meat and cheese over the potatoes. In a small bowl, whip eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard and thyme with a fork. Pour evenly over the potato mixture. Top casserole with pepper. Place in oven uncovered and set timer for 45 minutes.
    Serve with toasted english muffins and fresh fruit.

1 cup casserole has 165 calories, 4.5 grms fat and 2 grms fiber.

I like to make some and eat the leftovers the rest of the week, at that calorie amount I can have two servings with no remorse. It is fantastic with just a little bit of ketchup.

I really like it just because it is so easy and so tasty!

I made this for our christmas meal and it was wonderful but i never knew how many calories were in it. Holy crap I'm making this more often.

I think I am going to make this tonight or tomorrow for the rest of the weeks breakfast....can't wait to try it.
  • debnu1
    Options
    It is sooo tasty. You will love it!! In fact I may need to make myself some, its sounding good. :bigsmile:
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am going to make it either Saturday or Sunday since hubby no longer has to work weekend(so much for my free Saturdays :ohwell: ) Need to use up ham fm this weekend anyway
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hey, teammates! Just wanted to tell you that I have started the first Monday of the New Year with a bang - came home from work, did 30 minutes on my Wii fit, went swimming for 30 minutes, and I'm getting ready for supper and to watch the TCU football game. Go Horned Frogs! And Happy Monday to all!!
  • mrwatson
    Options
    Hey, teammates! Just wanted to tell you that I have started the first Monday of the New Year with a bang - came home from work, did 30 minutes on my Wii fit, went swimming for 30 minutes, and I'm getting ready for supper and to watch the TCU football game. Go Horned Frogs! And Happy Monday to all!!

Good work! You are an inspiration to me. I came home with a headache and haven't been very motivated to work out. I have watched my intake for the day. I hope the meds kick in soon so I can get in a little after-dinner workout.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, remember me? Can I join again? Gained over Christmas and need my friends to help again. Let me know. Hope you're all doing well. See my new baby in my ticker? Yes, that makes it now 4. My lab Jada-7, Tosca is now 9 weeks, Golden Retriever and a handful, Ozzy and Kipur the cats. Oh ya and of course my 4 kids...:flowerforyou:
  • debnu1
    Options
    Of course you can join. I will start the new thread in the morning, if you want to be on the chart this week, send me your weight, if not you can wait til next week.

Welcome back!!