an alternative country??

Options
124»

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I might want to live in Lebanon! Gorgeous country, wish the, ahem, surrounding countries would just chill out and stop bothering Lebanon already.

And if anyone asks me if I want to wear a burka, I will just laugh. And then ask you to do a 0.5 second google image search on the country.

And Lebanese food is fantastic!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Italy, I think.

But I wouldn't want to go until I was so fluent in the language that people would not know I wasn't native.
    And I'd want to respect them enough to use their native language.
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    I'm a Londoner and I'd head to the South of the USA. I've never been :( but I love everything about it when I see it on TV or read about it. And I think the accents are hot.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I've lived in several countries and tomorrow I will be moving from Munich to Wiesbaden (where I work) and my girls to Lille, France where they will go to schoo with their mother. An alternate country, if I were to choose would perhaps be the Ladakh region of the Himalayas - I'd like my girls to see that.

We've moved around to assure that they have a rich sense of other cultures and languages - in this vein, I'd also choose China or an African nation to add to the languages they already have. For the pure outdoors and the beauty of places in a highly liveable place and near an airport to visit family? Swiss/German/French Alps. Or Colorado.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling private island in the tropics ;)
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I've lived in several countries and tomorrow I will be moving from Munich to Wiesbaden (where I work) and my girls to Lille, France where they will go to schoo with their mother. An alternate country, if I were to choose would perhaps be the Ladakh region of the Himalayas - I'd like my girls to see that.

We've moved around to assure that they have a rich sense of other cultures and languages - in this vein, I'd also choose China or an African nation to add to the languages they already have. For the pure outdoors and the beauty of places in a highly liveable place and near an airport to visit family? Swiss/German/French Alps. Or Colorado.

We were in Munich last year and I loved every second. Your daughters are so lucky to have this experience! I am from Stuttgart and family in Dusseldorf. I don't speak the language anymore :( I think that would be the only thing holding me back from moving to Germany.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I could be happy almost anywhere not in the midst of war. I love Massachusetts but I wouldn't mind moving back to Austria. I miss it there, especially afternoons on the Donauinsel.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Aabenraa Denmark.
    I spent a week there while I was stationed in Germany and I cannot think of a single negetive about it.
    The people were friendly, the area was beautiful and the seafood was some of the best I have ever had.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Costa Rica.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Born in the UK, emigrated to Australia over 7 years ago, no regrets and happy to make my life here.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

No the worst place in america is BETTER than alot of countries

What I said still stands. Don't be so idiotic.

u stay classy
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Anywhere in the Caribbean!!