IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT MFP . . .

Options

Replies

• CoffeeJunkieMann
    CoffeeJunkieMann Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Being able to access the forums through the phone app.

This
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    I would like more easy to enter items. It's hard when you type in ham and eggs and you get everything under the sun for ham and eggs. Also with going out to eat and I enter chicken fried rice, am I entering the right thing? Is it chicken flavored fried rice I picked or rice with chicken meat that I picked for my log?? Maybe when we pick something having a little list of ingredients next to it so we know would be helpful.

Also I love the scanning bit but not everything I scan into my log is there. I forget what I had the other day that was not in there AT ALL. And from my phone it didn't give me the option to enter it into the system. I would love it if it said hey that's not in our system, since you obviously have the label in front of you, care to enter it? SURE!

And last but not least, make trying to enter some exercises easier. If I'm doing the 30 day shred, have it labeled 30 day shred instead of making me guess. Or if I'm doing a walk and jog thing LABEL it like that. I get so tired of having to type things in 50 different ways to try and find something.
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A complete tutorial section for newbies that includes how to log food and exercise and how to sync Fitbit and HRMs. Also the disclaimer written ALOT bigger on the forums that says alot of the people on the forums use different diets and not every diet is for every person.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I 'LIKE' feature will KILL mfp..it's a support community and if people just hit ' like' instead of spending time to offer real support, then whats the point?

I do believe that there should be a "This poster is a moron" button for the forums though..and in NO WAY am I referring to the OP for this thread..it's those idiots who post about how to take a #2 in a public toilet and get 20 pages of replies.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Notifications for posts on your wall etc because sometimes I miss them

sign in to email notifications. simples.
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with these and I get notifications in my email box. Everytime one is made on a comment I have made.
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    Calorie burn information for the strength training
  • EastCoast_Girl
    Options
    That creepy perverts should not be allowed...
  • PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    the ability with food to change the numbers on the food amounts. For example, I would like to say I ate two muffins rather than have to go back and check and add each time

I'm able to do this on my phone by clicking on the diary entry for that one food item; when the edit page comes up, touch the amount number and reenter the corrected amount.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to sort my friends into groups!
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    A like button. =D
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Oh! And being able to pick and choose which friend's I want to see in my feed, and which ones I don't.
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would like to see a like button for comments.
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Notifications for posts on your wall etc because sometimes I miss them

^^THIS! I also feel bad when I miss comments on posts I've made :-(
  • awill1122
    Options
    Achievements or badges to add to your profile for things like meeting your goals and logging your food for 5 days straight, 10 days, etc. It would give a little extra motivation and make it a little more fun.
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to track Zinc levels.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Being able to access the forums through the phone app.

YES! This is what I came here to say. I love reading the forums but I use MFP on my phone 90% of the time.

This ^^
  • doneatfour
    doneatfour Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but I'd like an option to search your food lists or database. Logging is pretty time consuming if you have to sort through database entries all the time. If i take time to find the exact entry that matches the item I ate. I'd like to be able to find it easily if I eat it again three weeks from now. Maybe this can be solved by having a favorite foods list where you can manually move entries? I know we have all of the other lists, but...for example, if I have a huge bottle of olive oil and I find a match in the database, I'd like to be able to move that to a favorite foods list. That way I can find it easily since I don't use it frequently. The auto lists are great, but it Gets too cluttered--especially if you change brands or something.

Also, when adding an ingredient in the recipe feature, I'd like to see whether an item came from my lists or the database.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Notifications (like on the iPod)
    I know that there are email notifications, but really who wants an email as an notification especially if you have a lot of friends.

Forums available through app.

The option to flag a food for deletion.
    There are so many duplicates of the same food and most of the have the wrong calorie count.

You can get notifications via email? I've been wishing they had that. How do I get hooked up? I don't get any email notifications. :-(

settings -> email prefrences

Thank you!!

(That's why! They had my email wrong)
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    so many GREAT ideas!! wow!!

and i can now understand the debate about the "like" button. i'd prefer to think that i would "LIKE" the comment and STILL add a personal note, but i can see where some would just go down through and click click click ~ it would be nice to have a "YOU ROCK" button tho, wouldn't it? and a "YOU DO NOT ROCK" button for others - LOL.

i would also like to get a notification when someone comments on a thread i've posted - or after me in a forum thread - because i genuinely want to read what other people say ~ and i don't always remember to check back on all of the threads i comment on. an email notification - even if a stock form email went to my inbox on mfp - would be awesome!!