4 Week Mini-Challenge

Options

Replies

• daffy77
    daffy77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but I want in on this!
    SW - 199
    GW - 155

August 1st - 192
    August 6th --
    August 13th --
    August 20th --

My b-day is the 19th so it would be so great to get well into the 180's by then ***Crossing Fingers***
  • Purnell3
    Purnell3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start my 4 week Mini Challenger Monday. My goal is to lose 10#

I will post my starting weight on Monday, August 6th -

Stay Tune!!!!!!
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i want in on this challenge! i weighed in on july 30th at 192.6 lbs. here's hoping i can be 6 lbs lighter by the end of august!

i'm also doing couch to 5k. just did w4d3 yesterday. the 5 minute run intervals were challenging and scary at first, but now i can do them! hoping i can keep up my progress and reach my 5k goal :)
  • brandi22479
    brandi22479 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person that weighs in on Mondays?
  • daffy77
    daffy77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lol I'd like to say I only weigh in once a week but I think I have a new addiction...my scale! I need to give it up cause its really good at disappointing me :laugh:
  • brandi22479
    brandi22479 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Lol I'd like to say I only weigh in once a week but I think I have a new addiction...my scale! I need to give it up cause its really good at disappointing me :laugh:

That's why I leave it alone and only weigh in Mondays. My progress is good when I stay motivated and do what needs to be done, but that scale is my enemy. It's the one thing that can tear my motivation down in a heartbeat. If I even weigh every 2 days I get discouraged.
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

no, you're not! i also weigh in on mondays. early in the morning, right after i wake up & go pee, i check my weight--before eating breakfast or drinking any coffee or water.
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    This thread is kinda quiet so I thought I would check-in and post a little question for anyone who wants a little chatter.
    How's your week going? What's one thing you're doing that you feel will make you successful on your journey and you want to keep up?

To finally finish the entire c25k and be able to run/jog for 30 minutes 3x4 times per week. Today is week6 day2 ---- it feels great when I finally got dressed and after the 5- 6 minute warm up. However, I am still have trouble motivating to get up and "go". You know what I mean?

That's a great story. You're so close to finishing the c25k and you have hit on something that plagues many runners (including myself). The get up and go is so hard, but then you're right once you're into it, it feels so good. And eventually you will surprise yourself cause you'll find that you are craving a run and can't wait to get on those running shoes. Oh and be sure to "cross train" to avoid those common running injuries! :smile:
  • oliviawink
    Options

no, you're not! i also weigh in on mondays. early in the morning, right after i wake up & go pee, i check my weight--before eating breakfast or drinking any coffee or water.

I weigh everyday and before you all give me a hard time :wink: .... I have found that when I don't I can be really disappointed because I've worked so hard and a little thing like water retention, lactic acid from a hard workout, or a big meal the night before can appear as though I've not lost when actually I have. When I weigh everyday I can keep tabs on where I'm at and I never beat myself up when I'm up a little one day to the next, I usually know why. IDK for some reason seeing the number everyday keeps me motivated
  • leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I weigh everyday and before you all give me a hard time :wink: .... I have found that when I don't I can be really disappointed because I've worked so hard and a little thing like water retention, lactic acid from a hard workout, or a big meal the night before can appear as though I've not lost when actually I have. When I weigh everyday I can keep tabs on where I'm at and I never beat myself up when I'm up a little one day to the next, I usually know why. IDK for some reason seeing the number everyday keeps me motivated

I like Fridays as my official weigh day. That way if I stray on the weekend I have time to get back on track. However, I do like to weigh everyday as well. I like to see progress to keep me motivated. Although I do hate on days that I know I did well and the scale doesn't reflect it. :(
  • kellygardner123
    kellygardner123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Another late joiner!

SW: 156

July 30th-
    August 6th- 151.4
    August 13th-
    August 20th-
  • reneejcam
    reneejcam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea! Will help keep me motivated!! I have already lost 28 pounds on my own with MFP and another 25 pounds to go!!

Is it to late to join?

If not to late

SW (from the start of the month)143.5
    July 30th141.5
    August 6th 140.7
    August 13th
    Augst 20th
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i'm a late entry
    current weight 12st 6lb
    goal weight 12st dead

Starting weight --- 80.6 kg or 177.69 lbs

July 30th -- 12st 6i think
    August 6th -- 12.1 ( I have five up processed sugar in all its forms so i think this is mostly due to that rather than sustainable weight loss. we'll see how the rest of the month goes ( 1 more week without sugar)
    August 13th --
    August 20th --
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Starting weight --- 195.0 pounds

July 30th -- 194.8 pounds
    August 6th -- 190.4
    August 13th --
    August 20th --
  • dawnreeves1
    dawnreeves1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    july 30 = 213 only 1 pound, not great but at least something.
    august 6 = 211 2 pounds this week better
    august 13 =
    august 20 =
  • jmuller06
    jmuller06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This past weekend was a tough one for me. I didn't get in as much exercise as I would have liked and I went over my calories Friday and Saturday.

Starting weight --- 187 lbs

July 30th -- 183.6 lbs

August 6th -- 182.6 lbs

August 13th --

August 20th --
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    oh yea!!! Cant wait. Just the motivation I need and just in time for weigh in tomorrow. I'm so in. I'm a slow loser but keeping fingers crossed I can keep up with a 1.5 per week pace.

Current weight 7/23 = 188

July 30 - 186

Aug 6 - 185

Aug 13 -

Aug 20 -

down another pound - down THREE POUNDS Total
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow - just reviewing some of the losses. This group is incredible!!!!

This is exactly what i needed to kick start lose. I am a slow loser but this is just the incentive i needed.

I thought my 3 pounds was good - but ya'll are awesome and some of the numbers are amazing!!!

Congrats to all the big losers
  • ramanpotter
    ramanpotter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, this group is awesome. let me join you.

August 6th -- 217 lbs
    August 13th --
    August 20th --
    August 27th --
  • oliviawink
    Options
    Starting weight --- 153
    July 30th -- 151.5
    August 6th -- 150
    August 13th --
    August 20th --

alright another 1.5 down! This is going great. had 2 big nights out this weekend, but had extra big burn yesterday to make up for it. it worked well. my "mini goal" this week is to stay on track all week and not go crazy on the weekend. I have some intense sporting/workouts this week and I really want to see some stellar results from all this work!