Which cereal do you eat in the AM if you eat cereal?

Options

Replies

• slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    special k mixed with high fibre all bran with skimmed milk yummy and keep me full until lunch time :-)
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    any chex they're gluten free..
  • glamouritz64
    glamouritz64 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Raisin Bran...for obvious reasons.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The only box cereal I eat is Kashi Go Lean. It tastes great and is pretty nutritious for cereal (13g protein, 10g of fiber and only 6g of sugar per 1 cup). I usually add some fresh blueberries and sliced almonds for extra crunch and this keeps me full until lunch.

This! I love all cereals, but I tend to go overboard on them. Going to come back and check this thread for other lower cal/lower sugar options.
  • CFitzRN
    CFitzRN Posts: 2
    Options
    If I eat cereal (which I usually don't, due to its tendency to crank up blood glucose) it is Kellogg's Raisin Bran. Most of these "healthy" cereals actually have more sugar content than their "kid cereal" counterparts. Raisin Bran has far more sugar per serving than my son's Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Somehow I think it's probably better for me though - if for no other reason than it gives me some good fiber. I normally eat Greek yogurt with fresh fruit for breakfast. It seems to stay with me a lot longer than cereal.
  • tubaman58
    tubaman58 Posts: 151
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean at home, Cherios if I am on the road at a motel
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Generally it's Kashi go lean with some blueberries or bananas or something. However come fall until late spring it will be steel cut oats. I throw 1/4 cup in a small crockpot with a cup of water and some kind of dried fruit (unsulfited or you'll ruin it) before I go to bed and then I wake up to oatmeal in the morning.

On the weekends when I actually have time to do it I'll make steel cut oats on the stove because they are differnt but not better made that way.

But Kashi go lean is my go to for cereal
  • robbydawne19
    robbydawne19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 cup of Kashi (the one with the mix of sticks and puffs) with a half cup of skim milk.
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Cheerios! Dulce De Leche Cheerios! 2 servings w/ 1/2 c. of Almond Milk (30 cal)! It's like dessert!!
  • ChristineFredrick1
    Options
    I had milk and cookies today! Total fail!:sad: Hopefully the rest of my day is better!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Porridge (oatmeal for our US friends :bigsmile: ), and not the processed cr*p you can now buy, made with fat free milk and a scoop of protein powder. And yes, porridge is a cereal. If not this, then Dorset Farms museli with Fage 0% Greek yogurt.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Fitness from Nestle
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch!

Any Kashi cereal is pretty good. But I've stopped eating cereal in the morning.
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Love Raisin Bran, Plain old bran flakes or Grape Nuts. Usually add a banana or peach and skim milk. Yum yum.
  • cherryacid
    Options
    I love cereal so i tend to mix it up all the time. At the minute i have cheerios, last week i had shreddies, next week i will probably have wheatabix. I also love no added sugar muesli.
  • susi819
    susi819 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I eat General Mills TOTAL cereal with 1 cup of almond milk. TOTAL is loaded with vitamins. It is not the yummiest, but the sweetness from the almond milk helps!
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My husband and I eat cereal Mon-Fri. We buy 4 boxes and mix them together and scoop 1 rounded cup in our bowl. A batch normally last 2 weeks. They are all Kashi and are very high in protein and we top it with Almond milk.
  • RabidCarrot
    RabidCarrot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I typically eat steel cut oats with berries, pb2 and yogurt during the week. On weekends its Natures Path rice puff cereal with berries and unsweetened vanilla almond milk and sometimes some chocolate PB2 mixed in.
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    I normally have cereal as a dessert more often than at breakfast just because that is when I crave sweet more, and I go for the Honey Nut Cheerios a lot! But I do also really like the flavor of the Special K Honey Nut one.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love shreddies! Wholegrain but with enough sugar to be really yummy without being too unhealthy!