Weight Loss Goals for 2010

Options
124»

Replies

• greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    I love this topic :love: for one reason...it makes me further accountable to myself. Every other year I have wished, dreamed, and thought about my previous goals without ever accomplishing them. Every year it has been some variation of the same goal: to become healthy and lose weight. This is finally the year when I promise myself that I do not want to live this way any longer.

1.) I will lose the majority of my weight this year.
    2.) I will log into MFP every day and track my food
    3.) Even if I can't go to the gym EVERY day, I will do some type of exercise

Finally, I WILL improve my self-image. Even if I don't lose every pound that I want, I will recognize everyday that I am beautiful and that I am doing this to lead a happy, healthy, long life...no matter how hard the journey is.
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    By the end of the year I wish to be comfortable in my own skin again.... ultimately that means getting back into my size 10 jeans and my work pants and keep it off and just feel good about myself... Probably at 140 lbs... 135 would be awesome tho!!! I am currently between 160-165 depending on the day.... By May 1st I would like to be as close as possible to fitting into those jeans again and my goal skirt, a size 6 Old Navy jean mini skirt (they run big) so I can wear it and a nice bikini when my boyfriend and I go to Florida for him to meet my parents and little brother.. I don't want to feel like a whale on the beach!! I want to be a domestic goddess again and cook, clean or just walk around my house etc in my underwear and not feel gross!! Yay for 2010!!!! Hopefully 20 pounds by May 1st... I'm on my way pretty well with watching my food and majorly increasing the water intake now it's just the exercising that I have to put into overdrive!! Best wishes!!!!!!
  • candylea
    candylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday. I am 250 pounds. My goal for 2010 is to lose 1 pound a week and be under 200 pounds in a year.
  • Road2Hotness
    Options
    In 2009 I lost 30 lbs. My goal in 2010 is to try to lose around 2 lbs a week until my goal weight of 150 or 130 (Haven't decided yet which one of the two). I want to lose at least another 30 by my golden birthday which is July 30th. Just think, 30 lbs by July 30th where I turn 30....OMG!! This is going to be a great year!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose the rest of the weight I need to by the end of the year. At first it flew off and has slowed since August. I know my focus hasn't been the same so I have changed some things up and am doing some reading so I can get back on track
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    My goal is just to stick with my resolution to lose weight, I've never been able to stick with it more than a few days!

I want to lose 20 lbs.
  • jbourque
    jbourque Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose enough weight to fit into my wedding dress, and to make exercise more of a priority.
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Going public...

2010 fitness goals:
    - start the Couch to 5k program
    - run a 5k in April
    - run a 10k in September
    - start yoga at least once per week

2010 nutrition goals:
    - take the time to plan meals in advance
    - increase fruit/veg intake (min. of one per meal)
    - reduce junk food intake and be watchful of carbs

2010 weight goals (hopefully these will just be a given if I focus on the above):
    My 37th birthday was Dec 1 2009, so I think it's fitting that I lose 37 pounds by my next bday. I started the year at 166.5 after the "Christmas bloat", so my goal for Dec 1 2010 is 129.5. I'll break it down to 3 pounds per month to be more manageable.
    - 162 on Jan 6 (bloat has subsided)
    - 159 by Feb 1
    - 156 by March 1
    - 153 by April 1
    * April 11 - 5k race *
    - 150 by May 1
    - 147 by June 1
    - 144 by July 1
    - 141 by Aug 1
    - 138 by Sept 1
    * Sept 26 - 10k race *
    - 135 by Oct 1 (finally within "normal" BMI range!)
    - 132 by Nov 1
    - GOAL: 129 by Dec 1 (my birthday)

Instead of overwhelming myself, I'm trying to take baby steps to keep up the motivation. The small changes will make a big difference eventually. This week I said goodbye to the elevator, I started making sure I was drinking enough water, and I went walking for 30 min at lunch yesterday and plan to keep it up now that I have found an indoor walking option.

My body has given me so much over the last few years (i.e. two beautiful girls), that it's time I start taking care of it!

Good luck to everyone! Your goals are inspiring!! Stick to it - you're worth it!
  • yoobabyyoo
    Options
    I am so there with all of you. I need to lose about 37 pounds. I have been a good size until 4 years ago when I had my first baby at 38. My weight is out of control. My eating is out of control. Until yesterday. I am eating (4) 400 calorie meals per day and doing some type of activity each day. We joined our new rec center so I am so motivated to work out. Going on my lunch break.

January 6, 2010:
    5'6
    172 pounds
    Goal weight: 135
    Want to be able to wear my wedding ring again and wear shorts in Costa Rico in June.
  • jilly280
    jilly280 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love what every one have said. I had a baby in 2007 and lost the baby weight then gained it all back in 4 months. When I met my hubby I was 94 pounds. Then when I got preg I was 110pounds. When I gave birth I was 136pounds. Then I went down to 112pounds. Then back up to 138pounds. Then down to 133. So in the past 2 years I just lost 8 pounds and want to lose 42 this year. I lost 4 pounds since the 1 of january.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My goal this year is to lose 100 lbs :) I realize it's a lot, but it's 2 lbs/week so that's normal I think.
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My goal is to live a healthy and active live!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • My goal is to lose 75 pounds by October 28, 2010. That is the day I turn 25. Once I reach that I will work on maintaining and toning. I am also new to this site, so wish me luck
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose the last 7-8lbs, KEEP IT OFF, keep up the healthy eating and start running again. I want to be able to run a half marathon by June and a marathon by the end of the year.
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2010 is to lose my last 35 pounds and then maintain the rest of my life. It took me 15 years, of eating too much and exercising too little, to put on 100 pounds. If I lose the last 36 by the end of the year then it will have taken me 5 years to lose that 100.

Thank you MFP, because I lost 45 of my 65 pounds last year using your website! I couldn't have gotten this far without you!
  • rubijane_b
    Options
    I just joined MFP just last 4th Jan and since then I've loved it. Less than a week, with a day or two of not meeting my 1200 calories I still lost 7 pounds. I believe exercise is helping me lot.

This 2010, I want a new me! I tired of buying in the plus-size section of department store and not able to buy the clothes that I want. I'm tired of being upset after fitting alot of clothes and still feels nothing fits me well. :embarassed:

I'm working to lose 79 pounds this year!!!

402132.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else ready to provide updates on how well they're keeping their 2010 goals?

Fitness goals:
    X - start the Couch to 5k program - started it, got bronchitis, and dropped out. Time to start over!
    X - run a 5k in April - did not run the 5k in April. Maybe June?
    ? - run a 10k in September - there's still time to run the 10k in Sept
    V - start yoga at least once per week - I have been going to pilates/yoga classes a minimum of once/week, usually twice.

Plus I have also been doing a BodyJam or Zumba class once a week, and walking 30 min at lunch an average of 3 times/week.

I have also slacked off with the nutrition, but I've definitely reduced my eating out, and increased my salad intake.

I've lost a few pounds, but am definitely way behind schedule on the weight loss goals.

Going public...

2010 fitness goals:
    - start the Couch to 5k program
    - run a 5k in April
    - run a 10k in September
    - start yoga at least once per week

2010 nutrition goals:
    - take the time to plan meals in advance
    - increase fruit/veg intake (min. of one per meal)
    - reduce junk food intake and be watchful of carbs

2010 weight goals (hopefully these will just be a given if I focus on the above):
    My 37th birthday was Dec 1 2009, so I think it's fitting that I lose 37 pounds by my next bday. I started the year at 166.5 after the "Christmas bloat", so my goal for Dec 1 2010 is 129.5. I'll break it down to 3 pounds per month to be more manageable.
    - 162 on Jan 6 (bloat has subsided)
    - 159 by Feb 1
    - 156 by March 1
    - 153 by April 1
    * April 11 - 5k race *
    - 150 by May 1
    - 147 by June 1
    - 144 by July 1
    - 141 by Aug 1
    - 138 by Sept 1
    * Sept 26 - 10k race *
    - 135 by Oct 1 (finally within "normal" BMI range!)
    - 132 by Nov 1
    - GOAL: 129 by Dec 1 (my birthday)

Instead of overwhelming myself, I'm trying to take baby steps to keep up the motivation. The small changes will make a big difference eventually. This week I said goodbye to the elevator, I started making sure I was drinking enough water, and I went walking for 30 min at lunch yesterday and plan to keep it up now that I have found an indoor walking option.

My body has given me so much over the last few years (i.e. two beautiful girls), that it's time I start taking care of it!

Good luck to everyone! Your goals are inspiring!! Stick to it - you're worth it!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I started exercising last March and I also changed a few of my eating habits. Back then, I had almost no muscle mass and everything, even walking was painful... I was 165 lbs. It is not all that big but I was taking a medecine that was causing me to have a lot of muscle pain. Since then, I stopped the medecine, I have gone from a thight size 10 pair of pants and a thight size 36 bra to a thight size 8 pair of pants and a very confortable size 34 bra. I am leaving for a cruise on May 2nd and I would like to proudly wear size 6 shorts and a nice bikini to show off a nice flat stomach. I still need to lose 25 pounds and to do a lot of abs. I know I can do it if I put my mind to it!!!

Since January 1st, 2010, I have been doing some kind of workout every day. I only missed 1 day out of the 130 days of 2010. I am not counting today just yet. I did my cruise, it was lovely but I did not get to show off a nice sexy stomach. I have to increase the level of difficulty of my workouts. The next cruise will be in January 2011and by then, I will have my sexy abs!! My thight size 8 pair of pants is now comfortable and the size 6 shorts are very thight.

I am acheiving my goals even if I am not doing it as quickly as I would have liked in December.

Come on everyone, let's brag a little!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm hoping to be down to 130 lbs by December 31st.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    You go SayRah!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!