Which cereal do you eat in the AM if you eat cereal?

Options

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I was on a Kashi kick but lately I have been mixing 2 cups of Kelloggs Krave Double Chocolate with 1 cup of Reese's puffs.... I don't have cereal everyday normally 2 or 3 times a week..
  • ozerion
    ozerion Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love my Special K with red berries!

^^^ Same here...
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Bear Naked peak protein granola. It goes great with soy milk! Expensive for the amount you get, but I don't eat cereal hardly ever.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I can not help as I no longer eat cereal. If I did eat cereal it would be Multigrain Cheerios in unsweetened almond milk with half a banana, strawberries, or blueberries.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 80 calorie cereal. The added fiber makes me a happier person.
  • lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    special k protein plus: 100 calories per 3/4 cup, 3 fat, 14 carb, 5 fiber, 2 sugar, 10 protein. I add fresh blueberries and almond milk.
  • lstone03
    lstone03 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Uncle Sam toasted whole wheat berry flakes & flaxseed. 10g Fiber, less than 1g of sugar, and 7 protein.
  • kwheelock
    kwheelock Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Rice Chex cereal with almond milk and a dash of sugar. This is a cereal I've found that's fewer in calories for a decent amount (1 cup = 100 calories). A lot of other cereals you get such a small amount for the same or more calories...doesn't keep me full at all. Also, every once and awhile I'll eat Cracklin Oat Bran. Seriously one of my favorites, but spendy for a small box and higher in calories. Definitely keeps me full until lunch though. And always with almond milk.
  • reid95
    reid95 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your biggest meal should be in the AM, since you will burn that off during the day with exercise and drinking water. If you ate your biggest meal in the late PM and you don't workout all those calories, go to fat. I try to work out in the AM and later PM to burn the most fat.
  • blackdogz
    blackdogz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup fresh blueberries or strawberries, and 1 tbs sliced almonds. This is my usual breakfast!
  • JessicaLG23
    Options
    I mix it up...I eat Special K (all different types), Kix, Cheerios...anything that isn't covered in sugar.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go lean , Oatmeal , Multigrain cheerios BUT the bes tis LUCKY CHARMS and why...WELL THEY ARE MAGICALLY DELICIOUS !
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    Kashi Cinnamon Harvest shredded wheat with almond milk and some berries on top. Yum!!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I make my own cereal.
    I use popped Amaranth as the base and then add any mixture of extra goodies:

** popped Amaranth
    Amaranth is a seed that is eaten as a grain. The Aztecs knew about it and frequently prepared it. Amaranth can be found at many health food stores. This seed is gluten free like corn, and just like corn, it can be popped in a similar fashion. After you pop your amaranth, you can use it as you would popcorn, or eat it as a grain.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5114195_pop-amaranth.html

** Clean & Easy granola
    http://blog.questproteinbar.com/clean-and-easy-granola/

Add ins:
    sliced raw almonds, unsweetened shredded coconut, chia seeds, hemp seeds, dried goji berries, fresh blueberries, raspberries, banana, etc.

I always use unsweetened almond milk and sweeten the cereal a little with Truvia.

And I just read a great tip to add more protein to your creal: mix your chocolate or vanilla protein powder with your milk of choice and use that for your milk.

EDIT TO ADD:
    Quinoa can also be popped
  • sharlowbrla
    Options
    Raisin bran for the fiber. Quaker Oatmeal squares dry for snack or put in yogurt, original Fiber One to put in salads for fiber, crunch and to change it up.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Right now Cinnamon Life (yum)
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    The only box cereal I eat is Kashi Go Lean. It tastes great and is pretty nutritious for cereal (13g protein, 10g of fiber and only 6g of sugar per 1 cup). I usually add some fresh blueberries and sliced almonds for extra crunch and this keeps me full until lunch.
    I used to eat that. The original, right? It has the lowest amount of sugar of any cereal. I've given up cereal because of the high sugar content. I consider them equal to candy bars.

No they aren't...... There are ones with no sugar in them at all like Shredded Wheat
    Thanks! I'll have to check that out.
  • droberts3311
    Options
    Try oat bran with apple & cinn. It is so good and stays with me longer. Any berries are ever so good!:smile: Also I have tried rice bran, Bulgar, and when I get tired of that I scramble an egg with veggies and salsa. You can cook and reheat in am for a quick grab and go. Also have tried over nite oats using oat bran. Yummy!!!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I am shamefully admitting that I eat Special K Red Berry. Sugar is the second ingredient. But, I love it with almond milk.
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean, Fiber One Original, or Special K Protein Plus.
    All are yummy! lol!