How old were you

Options

Replies

• tiffanyvc
    Options
    zack-morris-phone.jpg

My parents had that very phone. I remember how awesome I thought it was. :laugh:
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    21, when I moved out of my parents house. 33 now.
  • barbaby89
    Options
    I was 16 and a junior in high school. My parents bought my first couple. I am 23 now.. :)
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    13 I think? I know it was my gift for being promoted to 9th grade. I'm 18 now.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I was 22 when I got my first cell phone back in 99 it was a Motorola and about the size of your standard cordless phone LOL. I had a pager and cell phone at the same time. I'm now 35.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    IDK...20 or 21 I think.....that's when they were just becoming affordable to everyone though (I'm 42 now).
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty old, does a pager count?
    LOL Same here! I was 16 when I got my first PAGER, 18 when I got my first cell.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    15... This was in the year 2002 and because they were starting to become affordable. I used it for my mom to pick me up froom football games, the mall, etc...
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I've had a cell phone for as long as I've been working so either 12 or 13. I purchased it myself. I didn't really use it other than to call my parents to be picked up and to talk with my friends from the school I transferred from.

I'm 20.
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    8th grade (I think that would be 14 or 15) I am 25
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    6a011570db639d970b0133f05944e9970b-450wi

I had one remarkably similar to the first phone in the pic. It was technically my dad's phone but I drove a rather unreliable van so carried that when I went out. I think I was 17; 30 now.
  • KittieLea
    Options
    I was 22 when I got my first cell phone back in 99 it was a Motorola and about the size of your standard cordless phone LOL. I had a pager and cell phone at the same time. I'm now 35.
    Switch your motorola to a primeco phone.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had a prepaid TracFone for emergencies when I was 15, and didn't get a regular cell until I was 17 & paid for it myself. I'm now 27.
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When you got your first cell phone? And how old are you?

I got my first at 17 when I had a job and could buy one. I'm 25

I also got mine at 17 and I am 20 now.
  • LesIsMoreXX
    Options
    I was 18 or 19.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I remember a guy giving me his pager number and my dad was all worried because he thought it meant the guy was a drug dealer.
    That's funny...I actually DID date a drug dealer :noway:
  • KimtheBanker
    Options
    I am 40 and still do not have a cell phone.
  • KittieLea
    Options
    I got my first cell phone at 12.

This was when cell phones were still kind of new. I had midi ringtones, for example, and they didn't have the cellphone covers. It was a gold nokia phone.

BUT my circumstances were unique. My mom gave it to me in case she was at work and my dad got too violent and I needed to call 911. He never knew about the phone. He would have killed us if he found out.

ETA: I'm 23
    This broke my heart :flowerforyou:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I was 16, and my mom bought me a cheapie tracfone and a 10 minute time card for christmas. I had to keep up with the time if I wanted to keep the phone. I'm 25 now, and my kids will go through the same. They're not getting things just handed out to them.
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I was 11, which in retrospect was probably way too young (I'm 23 now). But my dad had just got a big promotion and desperately wanted to buy me all the stuff he couldn't before, bless his heart.

I was the only kid in my class with one, which made me pretty "cool", whatever that means nowadays. Of course that meant I had no friends to call or text!