Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How old were you

Replies

• zack-morris-phone.jpg

My parents had that very phone. I remember how awesome I thought it was. :laugh:
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    21, when I moved out of my parents house. 33 now.
  • I was 16 and a junior in high school. My parents bought my first couple. I am 23 now.. :)
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    13 I think? I know it was my gift for being promoted to 9th grade. I'm 18 now.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    I was 22 when I got my first cell phone back in 99 it was a Motorola and about the size of your standard cordless phone LOL. I had a pager and cell phone at the same time. I'm now 35.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    IDK...20 or 21 I think.....that's when they were just becoming affordable to everyone though (I'm 42 now).
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    I'm pretty old, does a pager count?
    LOL Same here! I was 16 when I got my first PAGER, 18 when I got my first cell.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    15... This was in the year 2002 and because they were starting to become affordable. I used it for my mom to pick me up froom football games, the mall, etc...
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    I've had a cell phone for as long as I've been working so either 12 or 13. I purchased it myself. I didn't really use it other than to call my parents to be picked up and to talk with my friends from the school I transferred from.

I'm 20.
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    8th grade (I think that would be 14 or 15) I am 25
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    6a011570db639d970b0133f05944e9970b-450wi

I had one remarkably similar to the first phone in the pic. It was technically my dad's phone but I drove a rather unreliable van so carried that when I went out. I think I was 17; 30 now.
  • KittieLea
    I was 22 when I got my first cell phone back in 99 it was a Motorola and about the size of your standard cordless phone LOL. I had a pager and cell phone at the same time. I'm now 35.
    Switch your motorola to a primeco phone.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    I had a prepaid TracFone for emergencies when I was 15, and didn't get a regular cell until I was 17 & paid for it myself. I'm now 27.
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    When you got your first cell phone? And how old are you?

I got my first at 17 when I had a job and could buy one. I'm 25

I also got mine at 17 and I am 20 now.
  • I was 18 or 19.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    I remember a guy giving me his pager number and my dad was all worried because he thought it meant the guy was a drug dealer.
    That's funny...I actually DID date a drug dealer :noway:
  • I am 40 and still do not have a cell phone.
  • KittieLea
    I got my first cell phone at 12.

This was when cell phones were still kind of new. I had midi ringtones, for example, and they didn't have the cellphone covers. It was a gold nokia phone.

BUT my circumstances were unique. My mom gave it to me in case she was at work and my dad got too violent and I needed to call 911. He never knew about the phone. He would have killed us if he found out.

ETA: I'm 23
    This broke my heart :flowerforyou:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    I was 16, and my mom bought me a cheapie tracfone and a 10 minute time card for christmas. I had to keep up with the time if I wanted to keep the phone. I'm 25 now, and my kids will go through the same. They're not getting things just handed out to them.
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    I was 11, which in retrospect was probably way too young (I'm 23 now). But my dad had just got a big promotion and desperately wanted to buy me all the stuff he couldn't before, bless his heart.

I was the only kid in my class with one, which made me pretty "cool", whatever that means nowadays. Of course that meant I had no friends to call or text!