How old were you

Options

Replies

• ammire82
    ammire82 Posts: 50
    Options
    I got my first cell phone when I was 22 and divorcing my first husband. I'm 29 now
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    17 & 27...and that was only because I was in the Navy and could pay for it myself. Times have certainly changed though
  • tas3980
    tas3980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was 16, it was like a house brick!!! I'm almost 32 :-/
  • MissShancey
    Options
    i got mine when i was 11 .. im 21 now
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was 18 -- It was great you could run over that thing with a truck and it would still work :) I paid for it - my mother refused to get me one
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I was 26, it was a Trac fone that had really bad reception in CT. If I wanted to use it I had to run to the top of the hill we lived near, then I might have enough reception to make a call.

I'm 38 now. :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I was about 13, and the only reason I got it was so my mom could call me when she was ready to pick me up from girl scouts. It was a basic pre-paid phone, and my mom only bought minutes for it once a month. If I used more than what I got, I had to earn some money by doing chores and get more.

I'm 20 now and able to pay for my own phone. The one I currently have is still just as craptastic as the first one I owned.
  • ededar
    ededar Posts: 36
    Options
    I was 8 and I didn't even want it. Who the bloody hell did I have to call? :noway:
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I was 16 when I started driving and I'm 27 now.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I was 17 when I got my first cell phone, or I could say electronic leash so my parents knew where I was. When I was 18, I got my own pager in college. I thought I was oh so cool for that one lol. I think I'm showing my age now...
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I was 16 it was Nokia and I WAS ADDICTED TO SNAKE! lol 26 now an its an iPhone... and im textacholic lol
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I'm 39 and I haven't had a cell phone for years. I was in my 20's when I got my first cell and I've had a couple since then, but I really never used them and it didn't seem worth it to pay for something I wasn't using.
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    I got a pager when I was 15 and started working. I got my first cell when I was 17. It was one of the Nokia 918 indestructible type. LOL. I am 32 Now.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I got my first pager when I was 15 or 16. It was a Mountain Dew one you got for collect points off the side of bottles and 12-pack boxes.

My first cell phone was in 1993 at the ripe old age of 17. It was a bag phone that you had to plug into a cigarette lighter of your car and you got like 100 minutes/month for $200. Thanks, Cellular One.

My first non-bag phone was an Ericsson (no Sony partnership back then) and all it did was make phone calls. It would ID the incoming number if you had it saved in your contacts. The screen was one line.

I got PrimeCo in 1997. That was the first PCS company that introduced text messaging, voice mail, caller ID, and other now-standard phone features to most regions.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I was 26 and it was one of those brick phones. I am almost 44 now.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I don't, never have, and won't have a cell phone. I can see the advantages, but I hate dealing with the phone at home that willingly having one on my person is disgusting. By that, disgusting for me since I hate phones, not other people who have them. I will say I hate you if you use a bluetooth ear bug.
  • tslean
    tslean Posts: 8
    Options
    i got my first cell phone at 15 or 16...I didnt really discover all the great uses for my phone until i was about 17 when i first discovered texting.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I was 22, married, and had a kid. I'm 33 now.

I was never cool enough to have a pager. :sad:
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    44 and 51.