How old were you

Options

Replies

• drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and still haven't had a cellphone nor do I see the need for one. I actually lived without both a cellphone and landline for 6 months because I couldn't afford it.
  • LadyofLight08
    LadyofLight08 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    13 I was able to get a phone for only emergencies.
    I'm 20 now.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I was 22 or 23, I'm 34 now and its a pre paid one (I generally prefer the land line!)
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    zack-morris-phone.jpg

This isn't the phone I had, but I remember it! I had the Nokia with the interchangeable face plates...it was a brick and so cool back in the day :happy:
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I was 11 or 12 - 21 now.
  • healthtenderfoot
    Options
    Two months before I was 16, and that was only because AT&T had some awesome "Santa" deal for phones since it was Christmas time. Otherwise it would have waited until I was 16.

I bought the phone, paid for activation, my share of the bill, and even overage charges on the phone bills. I think I was allowed 20 minutes per phone call, and only one or two a day, wasn't allowed to use it before 7:00am, during school, or after 8:00pm. The only reason I could use it between 7am and 7:30 was to call and wake up my cousin since she was my ride to school. I barely used my cell phone, I think I reached 300 mintues once.

I'm 24 now, and haven't had overage fees since the summer after I graduated, when I went on my own line. :smile: I still barely use my phone, I think I use the FB and MFP app's more than any other feature on my phone! What a waste of money right?! :laugh:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    first cell phone was age 34. I had to due to work. now 47, still don't care for it most of the time.
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was 22, I was going to collage. I'm 32 now.
  • Samstudent88
    Options
    I got a prepaid phone when I was 17 to use for emergency situations. For christmas...=)
    I'm 23 now.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I was 17 but I had a part-time job and paid the monthly bill myself. I'm 31 now.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    16. I had to pay for it myself and I am 29 now.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I was 18 and it was one of those bag phones that you plugged into your cigarette lighter in your car. My parents made me use it since I was driving back and forth from college every day. I'm 35 now.

This, except I was 21 and now I am 38, must have been the year bag phones became reasonably priced.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I was 18, with a job, and just started college.
  • ILoatheDieting
    ILoatheDieting Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty old, does a pager count?

Haha me too! I think I got my first pager at 18, after I graduated and had a job to pay for it.
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    19!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I got my first when I was 18. My husband got it for me when we first started dating so that we could text. I'm 23 now.
  • Alzzak
    Alzzak Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    21... as a christmas present... three months later ditched it and didn't look back sense. I am 27 now. Everyone else wants me to have one, I don't.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    16 (I'm 32 now.) It was the Nokia big giant one. Haha
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    14. I am 25
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I got my first at 18, and I'm 26 (ten days from being 27).