Black Team Week #1 Challenge thread-

Options

Replies

• tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning all...I'm still at the same weight I was before Christmas, which I guess is a good thing. I didn't go up this year over the holidays, which is a huge change for me. I have gained up to 7 pounds during Christmas in the past. I am on day 6 of the 30-Day Shred and today is my gym today. I'm finding it hard to work and do both things on the same day. Are you supposed to do the Shred 30 days in a row? I'm not sure I'm doing this right. I'm also trying to keep up with the Couch to 5K program and am still on week 6 of that. I don't want to overdo it and get burned out like I have so many times before. Any advice? I will stay away from the sweets today and drink my water. Both of these are terribly difficult for me, as I don't like water and I have a sweet tooth. As my Cub Scout says, "I will do my best." Have a great day:smile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    #$@! medicines--

'morning-- :grumble:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    #$@! medicines--

'morning-- :grumble:

Sorry Marla - here is a big squishy hug - but not too tight (that would hurt)

0002020B.gif

Great challenge Andrew - need to concentrate on water and what was that other thing.....?? :devil:

Janie
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Really like the 1000 miles for 2010. I am a runner but never thought about setting a goal like that. Thanks for idea.

10 miles down 990 to go!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    howdy everyone, feeling pretty amaing today...ticker alert ticker alert. I weighed on friday with offical start with the new year...amazing I know most of it is water but hey just keeping up with what the scale is saying...well on my way to see 136 again..

1 hour 15 minutes done at the gym 421 calories burned with strength and cardio....you know I will head back this afternoon..

Lori you check my dairy I have been eating more then 1200 calories... Arent you proud of me????

Friday I weighed in at 152.2 and this morning I was 141.8...its amazing what eating right for 6 days will do for you...I have eaten junk food for so long now. That yesterday evening I started to crave junk....although I passed on all it, I had planned on going to krispy kreme for a mini dougnut right before going to the gym, but I passed non everything...

Well off to do some clothes...have a great day everyone!!!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    well, i hustled my butt to the Y and actually got to class on time today!! i burned 587 calories and feel a little better. i know a year ago i never could have kept up with an hour long step class. i'm focusing on what i can do now that i never could before, i'm gonna keep logging, keep working, keep up with my c25k and eventually i WILL be 120 pounds, dammit!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    good morning black team! i hope everyone has a good weigh-in today. i'm back up 2 pounds this week and i have a feeling it's going to take me a loooong time to get where i wanna be. i've been going up and down the same 2 pounds for the last 6 weeks and it's getting pretty frustrating. i know this tends to happen when you get down to the home stretch, but i can't help being a little discouraged. i'm leaving my ticker where it is for now, and if for some reason i'm not back down to where i was by next week, i'll make myself change it. have a good day everyone!

Beth welcome to the "last 10" haters club! :angry:

I am so on the verge of losing that last bit of flab on the middle.........it is infuriating. Of course I have done NOTHING to move it along so I can only be mad at myself.

I have a renewed sense of challenge from BT so think in the nxt 5 months it will be GONE...gone I say!!

:heart: Jeannie

I'll give you the definition of discouraged-- being 4 pounds away from goal, eating 1400 calories, exercising 4 days a week, running 5ks-- doing everything right, and now being 175-- 15 away from goal because of water weight from the #$! medicines I have to be on so I can move without debilitating pain.

While I'm going "back to basics," I have not been so backslidden to have gained like this-- hell, I would have enjoyed the ride if I had. But, with the exception of sweets the 4 days over Christmas or so, I've behaved and have exercised faithfully throughout.

So this really pisses me off-- but, I'll chart it weekly and see what happens--

Oh well-- onward and upward-- need to get my breakfast-- hungry and headache right now.

later.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    howdy everyone, feeling pretty amaing today...ticker alert ticker alert. I weighed on friday with offical start with the new year...amazing I know most of it is water but hey just keeping up with what the scale is saying...well on my way to see 136 again..

1 hour 15 minutes done at the gym 421 calories burned with strength and cardio....you know I will head back this afternoon..

Lori you check my dairy I have been eating more then 1200 calories... Arent you proud of me????

Friday I weighed in at 152.2 and this morning I was 141.8...its amazing what eating right for 6 days will do for you...I have eaten junk food for so long now. That yesterday evening I started to crave junk....although I passed on all it, I had planned on going to krispy kreme for a mini dougnut right before going to the gym, but I passed non everything...

That's Awesome! I can only hope eating right for 6 straight days will have the same results. I love the weekly goals. off to drink my water.
  • healthworks
    Options
    Reminder*- If you have not sent me a weigh in yet please do so by tommorow evening so I can get it on the spreadsheet and posted. I have a bit of programing to do to get it set up as their are so many of us so I will get the starting weights posted as soon as I can. As you know this week's weight in will be ((considered a starting weight for this year.)) Now I have to get to the gym and get a run in.

Andrew....I have a question??? or ANYBODY.... Do you want my actual starting weight for this new year.. or my weight now as I have lost since the 1st !! I want to be on the up and up!!
  • healthworks
    Options
    THANKS!!!:smile:
  • healthworks
    Options
    Here is the team list. Please send me a Private message and let me know if I missed you!

Spyguy7540
    Musicmom04
    AmandaJ
    Leckel
    Marla64
    FamilyGirl37167
    Jimswmn
    Sarellitecrush80
    Bohlon15
    Arewethereyet
    Janiebeth
    Nonibug
    ksproston
    3babybeans
    Jim77
    CHelle76
    Averys7
    Llowry
    Stephica
    Retrobaby
    Slim34
    Jessica_Benson
    Kellieb71
    Tamelab
    Healthworks
    Ladilelsie
    TiffTerry
    Mumsanutter
    Doreenpao
    Theresa35
    Afergason
    Fancydog
    Teeneu
    Queenbee
    Meljones
    Giggles27
    Arienna
    Kr65
    Arleneevans
    Carleybby
    Csanchez39
    Zippy111
    Richardsrm

:drinker: Cheers everyone :drinker:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday All ! Down two pounds from the 1st...I guess exercising does help...:laugh: I hope you have a good day.

:heart: Black Team
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Reminder*- If you have not sent me a weigh in yet please do so by tommorow evening so I can get it on the spreadsheet and posted. I have a bit of programing to do to get it set up as their are so many of us so I will get the starting weights posted as soon as I can. As you know this week's weight in will be ((considered a starting weight for this year.)) Now I have to get to the gym and get a run in.

Andrew....I have a question??? or ANYBODY.... Do you want my actual starting weight for this new year.. or my weight now as I have lost since the 1st !! I want to be on the up and up!!

What you weighed this week sometime, but make sure you pick the same day every week, I sent him mine on monday so on monday I wil send him mine again, it keep me accountable over the weekend!!

Glad to see you are on this journey with us, welcome
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    well, i hustled my butt to the Y and actually got to class on time today!! i burned 587 calories and feel a little better. i know a year ago i never could have kept up with an hour long step class. i'm focusing on what i can do now that i never could before, i'm gonna keep logging, keep working, keep up with my c25k and eventually i WILL be 120 pounds, dammit!!

Beth you have done amazing, like you said look where you are today compared to last year the things that we have accomplished this year is amazing....Wish all of us could get together and meet and talk with people who need a change!!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    good morning black team! i hope everyone has a good weigh-in today. i'm back up 2 pounds this week and i have a feeling it's going to take me a loooong time to get where i wanna be. i've been going up and down the same 2 pounds for the last 6 weeks and it's getting pretty frustrating. i know this tends to happen when you get down to the home stretch, but i can't help being a little discouraged. i'm leaving my ticker where it is for now, and if for some reason i'm not back down to where i was by next week, i'll make myself change it. have a good day everyone!

Beth welcome to the "last 10" haters club! :angry:

I am so on the verge of losing that last bit of flab on the middle.........it is infuriating. Of course I have done NOTHING to move it along so I can only be mad at myself.

I have a renewed sense of challenge from BT so think in the nxt 5 months it will be GONE...gone I say!!

:heart: Jeannie

I'll give you the definition of discouraged-- being 4 pounds away from goal, eating 1400 calories, exercising 4 days a week, running 5ks-- doing everything right, and now being 175-- 15 away from goal because of water weight from the #$! medicines I have to be on so I can move without debilitating pain.

While I'm going "back to basics," I have not been so backslidden to have gained like this-- hell, I would have enjoyed the ride if I had. But, with the exception of sweets the 4 days over Christmas or so, I've behaved and have exercised faithfully throughout.

So this really pisses me off-- but, I'll chart it weekly and see what happens--

Oh well-- onward and upward-- need to get my breakfast-- hungry and headache right now.

later.

Marla- you are amazing, you keep going no matter what...stay on this wagon with us and everything will be ok....
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Terry Tammy and Teresa and zippy....wow thats a lot of T's then you have me Tamara...LOL to funny....Glad to see ya'll are here, this is an amazing team...

I am sad that one of the biggest people went home last night but was glad that he has lot 100 pounds in 2 months. See it can be done....Its scary that every season they just keep getting bigger and bigger...Glad we all choose to do something before we were to awful lost...

Well everyone enjoying my day off, suppost to get snow tomorrow hopefully work will close down btu I doubt it...Gonna go clean my house and finsih laundry...have a great day

Lori- I agree with you about taking measurements. or looking at before pictures its amazing..
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm not going to take the time to respond to all the great communication on here right now. Just got back from the gym, eating my AM snack. Can't wait for a shower. I ate tilapia last night and I swear my sweat smells like fish! :noway: The fish WAS strong, but gee wiz that's nasty! All during step class I kept hoping nobody else got a whiff... or if they did, they didn't know it was me. LOL

Call it a healthy eating hazard I suppose. I was planning on left overs for lunch, but I'm rethinking.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Sorry I'm not going to take the time to respond to all the great communication on here right now. Just got back from the gym, eating my AM snack. Can't wait for a shower. I ate tilapia last night and I swear my sweat smells like fish! :noway: The fish WAS strong, but gee wiz that's nasty! All during step class I kept hoping nobody else got a whiff... or if they did, they didn't know it was me. LOL

Call it a healthy eating hazard I suppose. I was planning on left overs for lunch, but I'm rethinking.

Everybody's probably thinking the late chick with the strong perfume is smellin' pretty good right about now.
  • 72lori
    Options

I did try to pop on, your diary isn't available. Good job girl for eating more!

I'm glad you posted your weight. I was a little 'down' about changing my weight and watching my ticker go back up. HOWEVER, I have to remember, after my fall off the wagon face first episode over the holiday, Friday I was 158 or 159, can't remember. Today 152.6. I have been 152.8 or 152.6 the last 3 mornings. I guess I saw the scale drop that water weight so fast and hoped it would keep doing it. Silly me. What was I thinking?

(Smack me Marla!- Which did you look for potassium pills to fight the watger?)

Back to reality! It doesn't work that way. Those extra few pounds I am showing most likely are truly pounds I ate, fair and square. Now I get to lose them again. Story of my life this past 8 months. :grumble:

Didn't I just say in my last post I was going to shower.... see how I am!
  • 72lori
    Options

Everybody's probably thinking the late chick with the strong perfume is smellin' pretty good right about now.

Actually her 'smell' made one of my friends have a full out asthma attack yesterday and she had to leave class. My friend actually said something to her after class. She said she wears lotion, no perfume. Today she came in smelling of 'nothing'. It was good, even though she still plopped right in front of me.