Options

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    College nickname for me. funny story, maybe not for children, but
    I think we're all adults here.

I was pledging a fraternity and we had to go to a costume party dressed
    up as something silly, I dressed up as a giant Bank card (atm card)

you'd think that would be enough, but nobody thought of it again until
    late in the night an attractive young woman (with 2 fraternity brothers standing next to me)
    said to me (after I removed my beer soaked cardboard costume)
    "I remember you, you were the bank card!") I smiled, put my arm around
    her and said "Yes I waaaas!" and walked off with her.

When the brothers saw that, they knew Banks would be my nickname. :tongue:

P.S. nothing ever happened with that girl, I was a perfect gentleman! :wink:

Oh, and 1850 is just the founding date of the fraternity, just an easy number to remember is all.
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Whoopsie - I mean 'copyright'.

Nice new picture sugarplum!

thx julie:flowerforyou: but this used to be me about 2 years ago. I'm using it as motivation to get back to that weight and even healthier.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    cheryl m (first letter of my last name) and my property backs up to a river. It was my very first screen name in 2000. Not a very romantic answer. But there you have it.

cmriverside.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Wow - some really interesting answers! Thanks for sharing. It was fun to learn a little bit more about people in a non-weight related subject:smile:
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Well..."Najah" is my first name of course...everyone at work, family, friends and even some of my customer's (that I deal with day to day) call me Naj:wink: ...which works for me also. Now..."5150"...nope...I'm not crazy ya'll...however...I think I could be.:noway: Naah, my mom used to say that two of my uncles were 5150 when I was in high school and ever since then...the number just stuck with me:happy:

Naj:flowerforyou:
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hmm...guess I'm a little late here. My mom and dad weren't married, so when I was born, I was given her last name. It is really hard to spell and pronounce and really, REALLY easy to make fun of.
    Anyhow, I always wished I had my dad's last name, Card. Once I got my license, I got "CARDGRL" on the license plate, because I was the only daughter my dad had, hence, the only "Card girl..." only it had to be "CARDGRL" to fit on my license plate. I have been using it ever since!
    :) Thanks for the great topic, Julie!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    To honour my screen name origins I will change my avatar for the day. :)
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    a (1st letter of my first name, Angela) and slavich, my last name.

BORING! I know, but easy to remember. I need easy since having kids. All you Mom's know what I mean, right?

Have a good day!
    Angela :flowerforyou:
  • SKINNYPIG
    Options
    My sisters call me pig (affectionately, of course) because we all like to eat, even though we are healthy and neither of them are overweight. So now I want to be SkinnyPig!
  • babiecuddles
    babiecuddles Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well as I was trying to come up with a 2nd screen name for a site I was holding my son who at the time was around 8 months old and he was in a very cuddly mood (as he is most of the time even now when he is about to turn 6) and I said “I love to cuddle this little guy, there aint nuten like baby cuddles” and there you have it.

And by the way there still aint nuten like my babies cuddles when I’m down I can count oh him to cuddle and make mommy feel better. :happy:
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bigdane321 was me but now I think will change it to mediumdane321. 305BIGDANE -267 mediumdane coming soon smalldane. I love this site.

PS
    the 321mean notta
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Now..."5150"...nope...I'm not crazy ya'll...however...I think I could be. Naah, my mom used to say that two of my uncles were 5150 when I was in high school and ever since then...the number just stuck with me.

Naj:flowerforyou:

Naj, what is 5150??
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Bigdane321 was me but now I think will change it to mediumdane321. 305BIGDANE -267 mediumdane coming soon smalldane. I love this site.

How's that roller coaster trip planning going?

cmriverside AKA Cheryl
  • bigdane321
    Options
    cmriverside
    42 more pounds and I will make the reservation. I figure that's three more months. NO PROBLEM.
  • bigdane321
    Options
    cmriverside

5150 is when the police are called out to respond to a person with mental disabilities having severe behavior issues usually resulting in a transport to a psyche ward. It's not pleasent but sometime necessary.
  • chrissi
    chrissi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Chrissi is just a shorter version of my first name, Christina, and what my closest friends and most of my family calls me. Not very imaginative but it works for me so far.........:bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    it's just my first and middle name...what my momma calls me.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Guess I am late on this too but here you have it:
    TNT stands for Tracy and Toby - me and hubby! Pete is our last name... I originally posted my other scree name so funny!!
    We joke and say TNT dynomite but - that's usually taken.

Nice topic and interesting stories!
  • easybeezy
    easybeezy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My name is Bethany, which has been shortend to Bee by loved ones and friends. And since i'm so "gangster" the beezy came about...and then the easy just rhymed. My younger sister started it and while it insinuates much more than it means, it's fun. :heart:
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Funny stuff here! I love the 5150 info. I had no idea what that was.

Big Dane, what is the roller coaster ride all about?