I'm honestly proud of myself!

Options
13»

Replies

• SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! You're all being so sweet to me!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!
  • stephirocks2012
    Options
    :D You made me smile with this post! I am truly happy for you! Keep going girl, nothing can stop you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! I absolutely LOVE going to the gym. I love it so much, I go twice a day on Saturday and Sunday. The elliptical is my new best friend. :-)
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Whooooooohooooooo!! Way to go!!
  • Kat8976
    Kat8976 Posts: 23
    Options
    I felt the same way the first time I went so I took my son and daugther with me and they gave me lots of support and motivation. Way to go on attacking your fears!!!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Wow, very encouraging.
  • MariahHubert
    MariahHubert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to normally post my small successes here. I'll post them on my wall and get some attention from my friends but normally, they're nothing really major in the grand scheme of things. Today, well today I feel amazing and I wanted to share! Who knows? Maybe this will help someone

When it comes to working out I'm a pretty shy person. I don't like other people watching me. Normally I jog outside at night mostly so I won't be noticed so much by other people. I do DVDs in my living room and I won't even do them when the kids are up or my boyfriend is home. I don't like feeling judged. Even when I know others won't judge me, I fear it.

This has kept me from getting a gym membership or working out in a gym. Well, that is until last night!

I did it! I overcame my fears and shyness and I used the gym membership I got on Saturday!!!! I didn't have a lot of time but I spent 30 minutes on the elliptical and went 2.8 miles. I burned 490 calories and dammit I'm proud of myself!

I'm going back as I was scared as hell but now I feel so much more confident in myself!

If you're holding off getting a gym membership because you're too self-conscious, just get it! Just get out there and do it! You'll feel so much better and more confident. People are really paying attention to what they have to do- not you!
    You just described me to a T.

I'm proud of you! Good job, keep it up!
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is freaked out about being fat and sweaty in public. I joined the YMCA because its mainly old people! ha!
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You should feel proud! Way to go. Everyone is at the gym for the same reasons right, to get healthy and fit. Keep at it girl :flowerforyou:
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You GO girl, and never look back!! :drinker:
  • snapdoodle1
    Options
    way to go
  • Eureka175
    Eureka175 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was the same - got my membership 2.5 years ago and it took awhile to get comfortable - but kept going - and now the gym is like a second family - you get to know the regulars, and they get to know you - we tend to push each other and cheer each other on:) It's great motivation to keep at it - especially when you know people will notice if you havn't been there for awhile!
  • smclean77
    smclean77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!

My husband and I joined a gym too recently. I was all excited to start. But that fear of being judged stopped me from wanting to go. I would make up every excuse not to go. But this weekend we went to a different location, and I LOVED it.

He was even surprised when I asked him if we were going to the gym tonight. I usually do everything at home.

Good luck, and I am happy for you. I know how hard it is to get over that hurdle.
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm sooo proud of you!!! I can totally relate. I used to feel the same way. Finally I got the nerve to go to the gym only to find out that people were so wrapped in their own workout, they really didn't have time to watch me. And now I'm at the point to where even if they are watching me...I really don't care!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to thank everyone for being so supportive and positive. I went back tonight and started my weight lifting program with my very first day of arms... I had to wander around for awhile looking for the machines I needed and eventually asked an employee for help locating one, but I still feel really great about it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!