NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options

Replies

• pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi to all the "Oldies" and Welcome to all the "Newbies" :flowerforyou:
    @RobinsEgg: Looks like all the guys beat most of us girls over to the new "thread":laugh: but women are always late:wink:
    @SaniD: We are all here for some kind of "program" wether it be the 12step or not:blushing: So Welcome!
    @Aug: Dude, I hope you have stock in a "bubble gum" company:tongue:

@Carol: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
    Be Healthy, Be Happy, Be Blessed!
    patty
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goal: Just want to keep on keepin' on! Don't want to lose this thread! I've found I don't have time to post, but I read through the posts often! You all are very motivating!
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals: I'd really really like to drop a few more inches all around; enough that my jeans fit more loosely.

Other random Tuesday goals- I'd really like to get back into drawing more.
  • HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

August Goals
    Exercise: Find one exercise I can do at my desk at work and do it Mon-Fri
    Nutrition: Stay around 1500 calories a day at least 5 days a week.

Tuesday Goals Update:
    So far since starting on August 1st, I have only had one day where I went over my 1500 calorie limit. As for exercise I have been trying to find something to do at my desk, and I will be doing leg lifts, and butt exercises. I may even do squats on my breaks and lunches.
  • AlohaLoss
    AlohaLoss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Aloha All.

It is kind of funny but I live next to the island they filmed Gilligan on. It is called Coconut island and is now a coral preservation and science area for UH.

August Goals
    Exercise: Do at least 30 mins a day walking
    Nutrition: Water and track what I eat on this website
    Mental Health: Commit to a no TV/electronics night with the family. Sort of a technology fast. Think I'll do Wednesday or Thursday.

Tuesday update: Not much since I started posting yesterday. Joined on my phone months ago but sort of ignored the program, hence the goal to get back on board.
  • karendixon79
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I am new to MFP and to this group. Setting goals hasn't quite started for me yet. Yesterday was the first day of exercise for weight loss in a long time. My friend and I walked 2.5 miles in one hour. I was so impressed with us. I don't think I could do this alone.

August Goals
    Exercise: 3 days of walking, 2 days at the gym a week
    Nutrition: find foods that I enjoy that will fit into my calorie count. Not used to eating 1400 calories a day.

All words of encouragement are appreciated!
  • bnfs2012
    bnfs2012 Posts: 29
    Options

Note to self, Gilligan never gets off the island, Walter is still making meth, Jax is still in the gang, GET UP! GET OFF THE COUCH! GET MOVING! Self, that is all.

aug

lol...my husband is addict...(Walter) to that show!!!! It is crazy!!! I can sit there and talk to him about the schedule for the next day...and he is totally oblivious!!! (P.s.- my husband is NOT on drugs....he just likes that show a lot!!!)
  • HeatheraRyan
    Options
    Hi Y'all...Posting from NOT so sunny Florida..I believe it might be time to start building a ARK..we have had so much rain....
    Goals...Goals..... I just can't seem to meet my daily caloric intake goal...after I excercise I am negative for the day and then have to make them up plus get me to 1770...I was told to back off excercising and concentrate on meeting the NET for day..but I am obsessed but then I am always at end of the day like 600 more needed to eat to meet NET..I am putting myself in starvation mode I know cause I have been at a stand still on weight loss for a month....I was only eating 1200 calories a day then exercising 500 off so way under 1200 daily. I "listened" and added more calories cause I was told 1200 is not enough for my height and weight right now....I did take 5 days off from exercising and ATE more and Holy COW I lost a few pounds again..BUT everyday is a struggle to eat enough.....I started excersing again yesterday and I came in 688 under what I needed to meet NET for day.....I just can't balance this out.... I need to eat atleast 500 calories each meal and don't even get that between lunch and breakfast....I am a HOT MESS...but not giving up

Have you thought about breaking up your "big meals" into several smaller to eat meals at set times through out the day? I know a lot of people that struggle to eat enough, and when they do that it seems to be more manageable. Lets say with exercise factored in you need to eat 1800 calories a day (which minus exercise will put you around 1200 net). If you eat 6 meals a day that are around 300 calories, you will meet your goal.
  • HeatheraRyan
    Options
    i do!! i feel so sad today, just by knowing how i look, and themore i look , the more sad i get,, im in,,minus 100 it is,,, starting my massive work-out tonight, enough is enough!

I know how you feel, I look at pictures of myself and think, "How could I have let this happen?" Just be careful not to cross the line into depression (as I have done many times). Think of how you got there, and how you are going to change now, and put a positive spin on it (ie "Think how encouraging to others my success story will be!") I know you can do it and we are all here to help!
  • cgrffn
    cgrffn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Set small goals instead of looking at I need to lose 100 PDS ,set a goal of 25 pds and when you reach that move the goal to another 25 pds,eat 5 good meals a day 40% protein 20%fats and 20% carbs,find a cardio excersice that you can do and do it, setting goals on this as well ,start doing it 10 or 20 minutes and eventually you can do 30 or 40 minutes, Drink plenty of water, eat a handfull of almonds to curb your appetite.This works ,I have followed this since 1 year agao I weighed 280 PDS I was taking blood pressure pills (20 Years) ,Cholesterol Pills and type 2 Diabetic, I now weigh 190 pds and have never felt better.Try it ,don't get discouraged.YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the newlings!! :flowerforyou:

@vinsonh--there are several products you can use to help with the chaffing (and to prevent it in the future). One is called Body Glide--you can find it at specialty running shops. Another is made by Band-aid and it's called Blister Block--it's marketed to prevent blisters on your feet, but it's the same exact thing as Body Glide and a lot easier to find. The third is made by Gold Bond--don't remember the name, but I've been seeing a lot of commercials for it. You should be able to find the latter 2 products at any drugstore, like Walgreen's.

@chris--Belle is going to lover her walks and she will motivate you to get out the door even when you don't feel like it.

@toots--that's too funny about your daughter! :laugh: I also hated the logical fallacies of that show when I was a kid--it was just too dumb to be funny (not for my dad though).

@lamypie--CONGRATS on reaching twoderville!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

@lin--loved the LZ reference :wink:

@naceto--you'll do great in LA--just bring your healthy snacks and stick with your goals.

@doug--:laugh: about the early Olympics "uniforms."

@akelts--it's a lot of work getting a classroom set up--definitely a good calorie burn!

@shrink--congrats on getting back to your lowest weight! :drinker:

@robin--thanks for getting us here safe and sound! :heart:

Tuesday Goals:
    Get to the grocery!!! My terrible eating yesterday translated into a horrible run today. I KNOW it was the lack of protein and all of the processed junk b/c usually when I have a bad run, it's b/c I can't get into a good breathing rhythm or my HR keeps spiking. Today, my HR was really good and breathing was comfortable, but I just didn't have the legs. I'm sure it was my muscles saying "You want me to do WHAT? Run 3 miles? After giving me almost no protein yesterday? Um, FU!"

I DID complete the 3 miles, very slowly :ohwell: .
  • HeatheraRyan
    Options
    Yay for the new thread!

I am pretty upset right now. I am not going to be able to work out for the next couple days because I have a really bad case of chaffing and instead of it getting better it's just gotten worse since last night. I must say that I am quite miserable. I put cornstarch on it but that's not helping much. If it is this bad tomorrow I am not coming into work because it hurts climbing into the car and out of bed. Anyone have any tips to help this go away faster?? I sure hope so...

Tuesday goal...Watch what I eat because working out or well cardio rather is not an option right now.

Honestly? Vit D ointment. Like the kind used for baby diaper rash... I get that sometimes too, you may also want to check to see if you are allergic to latex, you'd be surprised what latex is in these days!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Small goal of mine is an attempt to loose a certain amount by October so I can save myself the trouble of buying a new winter jacket that is bigger.

I don't want that to happen. I got a really bad wake up call a couple of weeks ago when I was walking to my desk and I was breathing kind of harder then I remember. Now thats changed.

Anyways that's my goal, 10 to 20 pounds by October.
  • munchkin100
    Options
    Hi all, this is the first evening I have been here on line, I feel quite motivated by I know this will change.

My goal is to lose a stone before my walking holiday in September, 7 lbs gone already.

Tuesday goal - Do some exercise, its ok watching the lovely bodies of the athletes on the Olympics, but I want one too.

12365042.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Taratruex
    Taratruex Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I know I've been gone for a while, but a whole new thread name?! I almost got lost since I mostly watch all of your posts. I was worried! Haha????
    Tuesday goal- keep up with this group! I have been going to school and running- a lot. And working full time. I went and ran The Color Run this weekend and it was a blast! Highly recommend it for someone who wants to get into the running scene. My next goal running wise is to prepare myself for The Warrior Dash. I want to complete it next year which is in October. It's a 5K course but has I obstacles such as fire water and mud. It seems tough but by then I should be done with my weight loss.

So far I am almost halfway. I have one pound to go until then. This group has really pushed me in ways I didn't know I could be pushed. I'm really happy this group was here. I don't know how far I would have made it. I may not actively post but I do actively bump the thread so I can stay with you and read up on how everyone is doing. I'm still losing strong! Keep up the awesome work guys and gals!
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi all, made it to the new thread. Tuesday goal-workout at gym at least 4 times this week. NSV, yesterday when working out with a machine I had been using it always slightly hit me in the right side, but yesterday it just slid right on past, woohoo. Another NSV, Saturday sat in the middle of a very low couch and thought "I am not going to be able to get up from here" but I did it! Amazed myself and all the family near. Also two weeks ago at my sister's I was able to get up and down their 3 steps into the house without my cane (they have no rails) several times.

My personal trainer is going out of his own and taking me with him for very very low fees to continue to help me on my long long journey.

Some of my co-workers today gave me an orchid and a card as encouragement to keep on improving my health.
    That was so very nice.

Thanks for all the water tags, now your it!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Rebecca in the very hot North Central TX area
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to using the computer for things like threads, blogs, and forums so if I screw this up bear with me lol. I just joined MPF yesterday and am in the midst of trying to integrate a new healthy lifestyle. My youngest child leaves for college in september and my husband works as an engineer on a fishing boat 6-8 months of the year so I really only have myself to care for now. A goal for this week would be to find a way to start incorporating some exercise into at least 3 days this week.
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yay for the new thread!

I am pretty upset right now. I am not going to be able to work out for the next couple days because I have a really bad case of chaffing and instead of it getting better it's just gotten worse since last night. I must say that I am quite miserable. I put cornstarch on it but that's not helping much. If it is this bad tomorrow I am not coming into work because it hurts climbing into the car and out of bed. Anyone have any tips to help this go away faster?? I sure hope so...

Tuesday goal...Watch what I eat because working out or well cardio rather is not an option right now.

Honestly? Vit D ointment. Like the kind used for baby diaper rash... I get that sometimes too, you may also want to check to see if you are allergic to latex, you'd be surprised what latex is in these days!

I totally agree - A&D Ointment works wonders!!

And as far as future prevention... here's my two cents... Try gel sticks. They sell them at sports stores (Scheels, Big 5, Sports Authority) and you put it on just like deodorant wherever you normally get chaffing. Or, if you are cheap like me steal your husbands gel deodorant (Old Spice Fiji) and use it before and after a workout where your legs or arms chaff.
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone I really appreciate it. I've NEVER chaffed like this before and haven't since I stopped wearing jeans. I've only been able to wear leggings for the past almost 2 yrs. I used to use the deodorant trick in High school when I was in color guard. I know I can't wear latex gloves as it makes my hands flare up but I've never had a problem with it otherwise. The main problem is that it is right along my underwear line which makes it even more painful than where i typically chaff.
  • RozyCheeks21
    Options
    Yay for finding the new thread!

Happy Tuesday everyone!