Runners, what race are you training for right now??

Options

Replies

• emhill21
    emhill21 Posts: 130
    Options
    Haven't quite started the training yet.. but I'm working on the Rex Healthcare Half Marathon (Raleigh NC) on November 4th and the Walt Disney World Half Marathon on Jan 12 2013.

Training "officially" starts in September, but of course I'm still running my normal weekly sets, that's just when the ramp up in mileage starts.

I loved the Disney World half...I did it twice and would love to do it again! You will love it!

I am entered in the Bar Harbor Half Sept 15th although I haven't exactly done the appropriate training...I have a gross history of signing up for halfs and then not doing appropriate training...Such a bad habit (and money pit) that I haven't been punished for yet...maybe one of these times I will do the training...
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    ~My First Half Marathon at Disneyland September 2nd!! I just completed my first 10K Mud Run at Camp Pendelton in June ~ I can't believe I waited unitl I turned 40 to do all this!! I love it!! :bigsmile:
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Turtle Krawl, 9/15/12, Melbourne, FL

Color Run, 12/2/12, Orlando, FL

Melbourne Music Marathon Weekend 1/2 Marathon event, 2/3/13, Melbourne, FL
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    my next race is in October, and it's 12km. So for me I'm going to try to get it under 62mins.
    I do plan on doing another half marathon, but next year, after I do tough mudder.
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Half marathon on November 3rd to support Ovarian Cancer :)
    Training hard, but scared! I have done a 5k race, 5 mile race and a 25k trail run so far. Got tendinitis in my foot after the trail run and had a month off. On my 4th week of half-marathon training!!
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Detroit Tallmer/Free Press Marathon (Full 26.2!!) October 2012!! Comin' up soon!!
  • denisel321
    Options
    I've got a 10K this Sunday (Ladybug Run - Oregon) and training for my first half marathon next year.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    10k sometime this fall (when I find one that I want to do)

half marathon distance by end of year, first one available to do is in march!
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    9/15- Firefly 10k
    11/3- Indy Monumental Half (this is my birthday present this year!)
  • meganmorsey
    Options
    I'm registered for the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in Virginia Beach, VA on September 2nd, a Turkey Trot 5k on Thanksgiving day in Williamsburg, the Christmas Town Dash 8k at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on December 2, and the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February next year.

I'm planning to do one short race (5k or 8k) each month for the rest of this year. I already know the November and December races, but not sure about the October race.

Happy running!
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have my 1st 10k this Sat and I'm also training for my 1st 1/2 marathon Sept 9 2012!!!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I have a sprint tri this Saturday, but ....

Focal event is the Monumental Marathon in November. Training runs include:

Thunderbird Half in ND in August
    Wildwood Half in NJ in August
    Hogsback Half in CT in September
    Ocean Run Half in RI
    Saints and Sinners Half in NV in October

And I'd like to round out the year with the Fayetteville Half in December.
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Registered- San Luis Obispo's City to the Sea 1/2 Marathon Oct 14th 2012 (10 weeks of training left)
    Registered- San Luis Obispo Mud Mash 10 K Oct 28th 2012 (dressing up with a group - Theme THE 80's)
    :happy:
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have the Hero Rush run this Saturday and then the Hardcore Mud Run in State College September 8th! Gonna get my butt kicked there for sure!! Training for the Tough Mudder next year! :)
  • robozebra
    Options
    The Marine Corps 10k in October definitely, and if things go well then Disney's half marathon in January.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I have a half coming up in October that I'm probably technically "training" for, but I'm already at the point where I could run 13 miles tomorrow if I had to. So I guess I'm training for a marathon net year... maybe. Still don't trust my crappy knee enough to make that kind of commitment.
  • buckeyes502
    buckeyes502 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    9/9 - Sprint Triathlon (400m swim, 13 Mile Bike, 5k run)

9/23 - 1/4 Marathon (6.55 miles)
  • diggedup
    Options
    Iron girl 10k in seatle,Wa in sept. &:happy:
    Jingle bell 5k run in dec. also in seattle,Wa
  • Kelly50054
    Kelly50054 Posts: 141
    Options
    The PurpleStride on September 22nd and The Color Run on October 6th in Des Moines, Iowa
  • davisrl0
    davisrl0 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just started training for my first half marathon. Its on November 10. Nashville, Tn.