No More Excuses - Week 9

Options

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Good morning, beauties!! I am freezing!!! We realized yesterday that our heater is broken at our office. They guys were supposed to be here at 7:15am to put in a new unit. It's now 9:25am and of course, they haven't shown up yet. I have a candle by my keyboard I keep holding my fingers over! LOL

I weighed this morning and have lost about 2 pounds since my last weigh in (about two weeks ago). I am back to doing my regular exercising and adding in Wii Fit Plus now.

Amanda - a 30 min run? That's amazing. I can't even imagine that right now, much less do it. Kudo's to you!
    Laura - Did you ever find out what was causing your pain?

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!

I hope they get the heat fixed soon. I go to the doctor tomorrow and I guess we will talk about having that surgical procedure to find out if I have endometriosis. The pain is worse when I have my time of the month and that is one of the symptoms of endometriosis. This is the first time going to this doctor so we will see what goes on. I will let you know what happens.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    just finished 65 minutes of exercise for today and burned 635 Calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't do it all at once, I will do some and then rest, I haven't quite worked my way up to doing it all at once but maybe one of these days I will
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning, beauties!! I am freezing!!! We realized yesterday that our heater is broken at our office. They guys were supposed to be here at 7:15am to put in a new unit. It's now 9:25am and of course, they haven't shown up yet. I have a candle by my keyboard I keep holding my fingers over! LOL

I weighed this morning and have lost about 2 pounds since my last weigh in (about two weeks ago). I am back to doing my regular exercising and adding in Wii Fit Plus now.

Amanda - a 30 min run? That's amazing. I can't even imagine that right now, much less do it. Kudo's to you!

Good morning to you as well. I hope you get heat soon! That is miserable.

Say....what are you doing on the wii fit plus. I love the cycling and the run (however the cycling the first time I was going in circles looking for the stupid flags....I also do the step and some of the other games. I do the boxing and kung fu stuff but am not very good at it yet. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
  • tigermom79
    Options

I hope they get the heat fixed soon. I go to the doctor tomorrow and I guess we will talk about having that surgical procedure to find out if I have endometriosis. The pain is worse when I have my time of the month and that is one of the symptoms of endometriosis. This is the first time going to this doctor so we will see what goes on. I will let you know what happens.

Hope your new doctor can bring you some relief! Being in pain is absolutely no fun! Good for you to keep at it!!!
  • yvonneh
    yvonneh Posts: 64
    Options
    I go to the doctor tomorrow and I guess we will talk about having that surgical procedure to find out if I have endometriosis. The pain is worse when I have my time of the month and that is one of the symptoms of endometriosis. This is the first time going to this doctor so we will see what goes on. I will let you know what happens.

I had a good friend who struggled with endometriosis. She had an operation to help it, then it came back. After several years, she finally discovered she is gluten intolerant, which causes the lining of your intestine to wear away when you eat gluten. Then you can't absorb nutrients, the body can't make hormones properly, which led to or exacerbated the endometriosis. A lot of doctor's never think to look for dietary causes, and sometimes they dismiss them without investigation. Just wanted to mention it in case it ever comes up. And good luck at the doctor!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hi everyone. I was just waiting until you put the guns away and it was safe to come back on the thread! :laugh: (Actually that conversation you all had really did weird me out . . . very few people have guns in the UK and they're incredibly tightly regulated. Just the thought of them scares the pants off me!)

So - you all sound very determined and on target.

Amanda - You ran for 30 minutes?!!!! Blimey, that's incredible. I'm still trying to work my way back up to 10 minutes so you're my role model. Well done! :flowerforyou:

Amy - I'm so glad you had such a lovely holiday. You deserved it. I totally relate to what you're saying about getting back into the exercise now though. I swam a lot while I was away, but getting back to running on the treadmill is taking a bit of time.

Laura - congratulations on sticking with the exercise on your bike. Are you enjoying it?

Tammy - your fingers must be superfit after 8 hours of typing! :tongue: I just watched a bit of the 30 day shred on Youtube to find out what it was. It looks really, really hard - you must be very fit!

Ann - I am sooooo with you on being hacked off with gaining and losing the same few pounds. I've been stuck just above 11 stone for the last 3 months and it's seriously demotivating isn't it?

Jack - you really made me hoot with laughter talking about working out with someone else and both working harder than usual. Do you think it's a bloke thing? :laugh:

Right - I'm off to try out some recipes for a party we're having this weekend. I'll get the girls to eat the results though to save me from myself. See you all later.

Alison x

I like it, I have my bike in front of the T.V. so I watch T.V. while I do my exercise, it makes it really enjoyable.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

Hope your new doctor can bring you some relief! Being in pain is absolutely no fun! Good for you to keep at it!!!

thank you. I hope they find out what is going on too.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I go to the doctor tomorrow and I guess we will talk about having that surgical procedure to find out if I have endometriosis. The pain is worse when I have my time of the month and that is one of the symptoms of endometriosis. This is the first time going to this doctor so we will see what goes on. I will let you know what happens.

I had a good friend who struggled with endometriosis. She had an operation to help it, then it came back. After several years, she finally discovered she is gluten intolerant, which causes the lining of your intestine to wear away when you eat gluten. Then you can't absorb nutrients, the body can't make hormones properly, which led to or exacerbated the endometriosis. A lot of doctor's never think to look for dietary causes, and sometimes they dismiss them without investigation. Just wanted to mention it in case it ever comes up. And good luck at the doctor!

thank you.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi all...Just got back from the gym. I did 35 minutes elliptical, woo-hoo. I remember when I couldn't do 3 minutes on that "devil machine." I did circuit training with the Nautilus machines for about 20 minutes (2 sets of each) and then hubby still wasn't ready so I jogged 13 minutes on the treadmill. I feel great! Now I have to get to work. I just keep putting it off. I would never be able to type 8 hours in a row so I end up breaking it into about 2 hour segments. It is easier on my hands that way but I always end up typing at midnight.

Laura...Hope you find a solution to your pain. Will send prayers your way.

As the radio announcer said the other day, it is beautiful here and the sun is out...it just isn't plugged in:laugh: Baby it's cold outside!

Talk to ya'll later!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi all...Just got back from the gym. I did 35 minutes elliptical, woo-hoo. I remember when I couldn't do 3 minutes on that "devil machine." I did circuit training with the Nautilus machines for about 20 minutes (2 sets of each) and then hubby still wasn't ready so I jogged 13 minutes on the treadmill. I feel great! Now I have to get to work. I just keep putting it off. I would never be able to type 8 hours in a row so I end up breaking it into about 2 hour segments. It is easier on my hands that way but I always end up typing at midnight.

As the radio announcer said the other day, it is beautiful here and the sun is out...it just isn't plugged in:laugh: Baby it's cold outside!

Talk to ya'll later!

So Tammy.....I have to ask, and you have probably explained and I missed it somewhere!!!!! What exactly is it that you do all the typing for? Are you a medical transcriber? Or better yet maybe for the courts????? Just curious!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

Talk to ya'll later!

Thanks for the prayers. I need them.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Ann...I am a medical transcriptionist. I work for a national company and I also type some local doctors. I am supposed to work from 10 am to 4 pm for the national company but my boss is pretty flexible. I work about 2-4 hours a day for the local doctors as well. I like getting to work from home so I'm here for my boys (and husband) but I don't get out of the house much during the week. I guess that is why I enjoy going to the gym:smile:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I have some major work to do with my family. It is 34 degrees out but the sun is shining so I thought dd and I would go for a bike ride. I haven't rode (except on my ds bike for like 3 minutes) in YEARS! So we drive to the bottom of the hill in the truck and start out. It is going great, except the bike I am riding is a men's bike with no brakes and the seat is killing me) until we are about a mile into the ride, then she starts whining. I told her we were riding a mile and a half to the intersection and then we would go back. We got there with mild whining. On the way back we stopped at my paren'ts for about 5 minutes and when we left there she whined and whined and whined. She kept crying she couldn't go it and kept stopping. We finally made it back to the truck and she is still alive. OH MY!!! My persistance paid off because you should have seen the smile on her face when she realized she had done it and asked if we could do it again in a couple of days.

Had to add: She told me I am going to throw up and I told her that is okay, I will hold your hair and then you can get back on the bike. She didn't throw up.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    just finished 65 minutes of exercise for today and burned 635 Calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't do it all at once, I will do some and then rest, I haven't quite worked my way up to doing it all at once but maybe one of these days I will

Very Nice that is a big workout.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I did it. I ran 5k on the treadmill.

Funny thing is I thought it was 3.3 or 3.4 miles, it's only 3.1 miles, so I was 0.1 miles from doing it one other time before.

One problem...............I am starving, and I have already had a protein bar and and ounce of pretzel crisps since the workout.

Another problem, the heart rate monitor watch I bouth has already seemed to have petered out. I will pop the battery tonight to see if it fixes it. Othewise, I will be calling the manufacturer tomorrow.

I have been marginally happy with it anyway, I would recommend getting a cheap Polar watch since they work with about every piece of equipment in the gym.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I did it. I ran 5k on the treadmill.

Funny thing is I thought it was 3.3 or 3.4 miles, it's only 3.1 miles, so I was 0.1 miles from doing it one other time before.

One problem...............I am starving, and I have already had a protein bar and and ounce of pretzel crisps since the workout.

Another problem, the heart rate monitor watch I bouth has already seemed to have petered out. I will pop the battery tonight to see if it fixes it. Othewise, I will be calling the manufacturer tomorrow.

I have been marginally happy with it anyway, I would recommend getting a cheap Polar watch since they work with about every piece of equipment in the gym.

What kind of HRM do you have? I have a Reebox with the chest strap and love mine. It was $40 on sale.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Oh my, I have some major work to do with my family. It is 34 degrees out but the sun is shining so I thought dd and I would go for a bike ride. I haven't rode (except on my ds bike for like 3 minutes) in YEARS! So we drive to the bottom of the hill in the truck and start out. It is going great, except the bike I am riding is a men's bike with no brakes and the seat is killing me) until we are about a mile into the ride, then she starts whining. I told her we were riding a mile and a half to the intersection and then we would go back. We got there with mild whining. On the way back we stopped at my paren'ts for about 5 minutes and when we left there she whined and whined and whined. She kept crying she couldn't go it and kept stopping. We finally made it back to the truck and she is still alive. OH MY!!! My persistance paid off because you should have seen the smile on her face when she realized she had done it and asked if we could do it again in a couple of days.

Had to add: She told me I am going to throw up and I told her that is okay, I will hold your hair and then you can get back on the bike. She didn't throw up.

LOVE IT!!!! Especially the throwing up part. Aren't they so dramatic!!! Good for her, let her know I am proud of her too for accomplishing it.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

Very Nice that is a big workout.

thanks, yes, it is a big workout
  • yvonneh
    yvonneh Posts: 64
    Options
    I just bought a timex with a chest strap and am enjoying it, though I wore it for 24 hours straight just to see what it said and it registered 3200 calories, so I'm wondering if it's overestimating. I did about 500 calories of exercise, but that would still put me at 2700 a day. That just sounds too high for a 5'8 woman around 180. But it was right on track with the MFP estimates for the various exercises I do.

When I was researching HRM's, I noticed a lot of people complained that Polar requires you to ship them back to the manufacturer to change the battery, but other than that people really liked them.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I have done great today, stayed within my calories, done 65 minutes of exercise and drank 96 oz. of water and boy do I have to go to the potty :blushing:. I am back and very proud of myself.