Girls- Longest Gone W/O TOM?

Options

Replies

• RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I had an endometrial ablation (I'm done having kids) and even though I technically get a monthly period, I don't bleed (best decision ever!!). Sometimes some spotting, but usually I just get really emotional, light cramps and NEED chocolate :smile: . But, last year when I was at about 125-128 lbs (I'm 5'9"), I didn't have many symptoms, so I am assuming that I wasn't ovulating because of having too low of a body fat %....which, might be your case OP. I put on about 10lbs, and everything came back. Get it checked, always the best thing to do!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I was on DEPO for 8 years without a period, with zero problems- it was awesome. I'm like a pre-teen now figuring out how to deal with having one again. It sucks.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I was on depo for over 5 years and didn't have one the whole time. I also didn't have one for the entire duration of my first pregnancy and 22 months following. Once they came back they were like clockwork though, both after depo and after my son was born.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    4 years without mine from the IUD.
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    jenniferlthomas0305 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    At one point in my life, my PCOS would cause me to go 6-9 months without one then 3-5 months straight of having one. In your case, it could very well be the weight loss but it's best to get checked to make sure there isn't an underlying medical issue.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    3 years and counting
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    9 months (at least) but I have PCOS so I'm on the pill now....you should get it checked out!
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Its been a little over a year. I have lost 110 lbs. so I chalk it up to that. I like not having a period :bigsmile:
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I skipped it from ages 28 to 45. Man I was pissed when it started back up again. And it had been really irregular all my years having it before it stopped. Now its regular as clockwork every 28 days. I'm 50 for cryin out loud. Enough already.
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Always irregular. But, I have gone as long as 19 months without and have had it for 312 days straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hollyg123
    hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    5 years this May. But it's due to the Mirena. Best BC ever!

I have Mirena and I am currently TOM Free for 2.5 years. <3 it! :)
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Earlier this year I missed my period from January to April. But its normal for me to miss a period or be a few/bunch of days late for it. And this has been happening for years lol
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Another quick thing...I know when I was breastfeeding, I didn't get a period for 9-12 months with each kid. I was told that is the reason that you lower your chances of getting ovarian cancer (because you don't ovulate). I also know that with eating disorders, one of many issues is loss of period, which can contribute to the inability to have children later on...so slightly confusing, because if lack of ovulation is good for preventing cancer yet bad for future fertility, then it seems contradictory!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Just fyi, if you frequently miss it for several months at a time, you should get evaluated for PCOS. Just going on BC pills isn't enough. it masks the symptoms. Over the long term, PCOS increases your risk of heart attack, diabetes, and certain types of cancer. It also causes weight gain and infertility.

For everyone who has missed periods, I highly recommend going to an endocrinologist. OB/GYNs a lot of the time just tell you to take BC and be done with it. An endocrinologist will evaluate all of your hormone levels. If you do have PCOS, they will address the root cause. In many cases the treatment is very simple.
    i have gone 6 to 8 months without it but they put me on bc to make it become regular

I rarely have one. Haven't had one in over 6 months, gone as long as one year. When I do get one it will be just one and then months later maybe ill get another, but it was regular when I was younger. Cant say I really want it back because it drains me, no energy what so ever, super pale, unending cravings, almost a full on rage of anger at the beginning. I also get sick of people asking me if I'm okay, I loose the Color in my face its often hard to see the difference in my lips from the skin around.
    But I just looked up PCOS there is a good chance I have it. I display the signs of it.
    Sigh, I will be going to see an endocrinologist as soon as I have the money to.

Thanks for posting this.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Since I started my period back in 5th grade I've NEVER missed a month...Even when I had VERY unhealthy eating habits back in High School. Mine gets a little off track sometimes (normally due to the change in other females that Im around) but that's about it. I think it just depends on the individual. If I were to ever miss a month I'd have a stroke, but thats only because I've never missed one yet. I'd say contact a doctor though...just to make sure you don't have PCOS or something like that, ya know.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I was 16 my weight and body fat dropped way too low (I weighed less than 90 pounds). My period stopped for 6 months (along with other ill effects). I had to eat more and gain weight, no one had to tell me to do that because I knew it and chose to do it (but everyone could see that I was way too thin and was very happy when I realized it). I never let that happen ever again. I made health my priority!

I also didn't get my period for 15 months after I had my first baby and for a shorter time after the second baby. That was from breastfeeding (and of course I didn't get it during the pregnancies).
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Currently going on 6 months & haven't gone to the doctor yet. I was on birth control for a year.. Started forgetting to take it so I just stopped all together. Ever since then I haven't gotten it. Granted, I've gained and lost weight since then and am way more active than I used to be.

Hoping it will come back soon. I don't really have insurance and don't know what to do about it. I've talked to my mom about it but she doesn't think it's a big deal..I'm hoping it's not PCOS or anything serious
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later for info
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Always irregular. But, I have gone as long as 19 months without and have had it for 312 days straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you ever get it for more than a couple of weeks, GO TO THE DOCTOR! they can easily stop it with a dose of progesterone. That is not normal and is bad for your health.

Really you should get evaluated for PCOS. that used to happen to me all the time before I was diagnosed.
  • amberm912
    amberm912 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I must say it was 4 years...I had a LIGGHTTT one a few weeks ago...Otherwise NOOOTTTTHINNGGGGGG...Thanks to my amazing Birth Control...THE MIRENA <3...I have to get a new one in March, but thats 5 years blessed with out it!! TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!!!!!

14119689.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter