Black Team Week #1 Challenge thread-

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Love it Andrew! I didnt see my early bird discount calculated, but I will let you slide. :laugh:

Cannot wait to see a MINUS for all of us!!

:flowerforyou:

As for me...........I stayed within my calories, cooked at home, logged all my food, started to work on eating every 3 hrs or so and NO SWEETS!! WOOT!!

Now I need to work on exercise. The trainer has been calling.............ding dong Its the Trainer Lady! :heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Andrew- great spreadsheet. I don’t know that I actually know why we call you Batman. What’s the scoop?

I know SpongeMarla’s story on that name. LOL. Great run lady! I give you so much credit for doing those runs at night, I can’t imagine. If I don’t workout early in the day, I struggle to get it done. Can’t even fathom headed out at bedtime!

Retrobaby (name?) and Tiffany- I love watching the numbers go down too! It’s even more exciting when mine goes with it. (Hint, hint dear bod)

Bobbi- glad you created a monster; it’s more fun to go on this journey with a partner. My hubs ‘sort of’ is along, but not so much. Sort of means if I tell him what to eat and fix it, he’ll eat it, although he may add some extras.

Kati- water at bedtime, brutal. Did the kiddos pull up fit? LOL

Tanya- great job on the rowing. I love reading your posts and the way you say things and talking about tea every day. Is your job with kids what we would call a childcare provider or maybe a nanny? You watch them while their parents are at work?

Richardsrm- sorry about the scale increase, but better days are ahead. Now you have the love and support of a team to kick your booty!

Roni- aren’t teenagers fun? Actually I shouldn’t complain, mine get out of bed pretty well. Sorry the weather is too icky to get out. Good attitude about the videos. It will be like an exercise down memory lane. Don’t fret over the next weigh in. You’ve come so far, you will do fine. You also have come far enough to know that every week doesn’t give you the numbers you want and it’s ok too.

Tamara- you are like the energizer bunny. For real! (I told her yesterday on Facebook she’s like the weight loss machine.)

Jeannie- no sweets girl, great news, eating every 3 hours, better news- good for the metabolism. CALL YOUR TRAINER back!

I’m a little slow- just realized what you meant by discounts….. you want your weight discounted…. LOL! ME TOO!

For me, plans to do Zumba, no weights, an easy-ish day (Yes, I made up that word). Headed out to do a few returns at the stores after the gym. Figuring out my food, taking after gym snack and lunch with me so I’m not out and about and unprepared, bad things happen when that occurs.

Have a wonderful day team!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Only a quick hi & bye b/c otherwise the kidlet won't make it to PreK on time.

Andrew - awesome spreadsheet, my friend! Love the background. :laugh:

Everyone else - chug a lug & zip your lips from sweets! You can do it! :heart:
  • healthworks
    Options
    Good morning Bad *kitten* Black BAT team..:laugh:

Woo- Hoo Andrew you went all out! Thanks for all your hard work!!

Now time for all of us to work hard to see/ get lower numbers for next week.... we can do it, one positive choice at a time.....

Have a :heart: day everyone.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning black team...Great spreadsheet Batman, thanks! I am down a pound today, finally back to what I was the day before Christmas Eve. I am drinking my water but I failed on the sweets on day 1. I had two small squares of Hershey's chocolate, sorry! It kept calling to me. My husband saved me from myself and ate the rest of it for me. I will start again today. Today is 30-Day Shred L1D6. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Now time for all of us to work hard to see/ get lower numbers for next week.... we can do it, one positive choice at a time.....

Don't say *kitten*-- it's not nice.

Bad Butt Black Bat Team--

:wink:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Leckel - Yes I am a childcare provider. I work from my own home looking after other peoples children from 0 to 11+ in age.

The pizza isn't going to happen tonight. I got what i thought was a casserole out of the freezer for lunch but it hadn't cooked in time, so they are now having chicken and carrot soup for tea. My husband is cooking a Raman soup for us for tea, but can't find this on the database so have put in the ingredients that i will be eating.

About 30 minutes until my 'extra' children leave and then I am going to go on the bike.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Good morning Black Team!

Andrew, the spreadsheet looks great! Love the Batman logos all over it:glasses: After my last 4 weigh ins of having a gain on the scale...Im already nervous about next weeks weigh in!!:laugh: And we have lots of snow here already with more coming in, so I dont know if I will make it to the gym...may be time to break out the old tried and trusted workout dvd's!:smile: But thats ok, I lost my first 100 lbs doing those so it might be fun to do them again just for old times sake:wink:

Kids are back to school today, so I will check back in a little bit later. Looks like these teenagers are having a hard time getting out of bed this morning!

~Roni
    [/quote

Roni, I understand this because when I weighed in yesterday it was the lowest number I had seen in awhile; actually dropped three pounds overnight. That is great but scares me because what if it was a fluke thing and the scale goes back up. I guess I better bust my butt and know regardless of what the scale says I did everything in my power to make it go down. SIGH!]
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Spreadsheet looks awesome! Thanks!
  • healthworks
    Options

Don't say *kitten*-- it's not nice.

Bad Butt Black Bat Team--

:wink:

Now - Now Marla:happy: :happy: ... But I want to be Bada$$blackteambat... better??
  • csanchez39
    csanchez39 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

The spreadsheet looks nice....Thanks,

I already started out my day with 8oz of water...how many more to go? I HATE Drinking so much water.

It took me 1hr to get to work today...because of the snow. We are expecting 10inches.

I should set a timer to remind me to drink water every so often...
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Spreadsheet looks great..I'm going to be out for a day or two...coming down with the cold and my body aches..no exercise this morning, and not really hungry..hubby making me some chicken soup...hope it does not last long.:sick:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Andrew- great spreadsheet. I don’t know that I actually know why we call you Batman. What’s the scoop?

i don't remember why everyone started calling him batman, either. it was around the time he was using this pic as his av, though.

031-1.jpg
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options

i don't remember why everyone started calling him batman, either. it was around the time he was using this pic as his av, though.

031-1.jpg

That picture is priceless! Just having joined the black team I was wondering that myself! Sorry to hear about all the snow everyone is having. It's just cold here in PA!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Awesome spreadsheet Andrew - gotham would be proud.

Gotta go drink some water.. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

later gators.. Janie
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Love the spreadsheet, Andrew!

I'm slow on the water intake today but will definitely catch up. Doing well against the sweets, and even took myself a step further -no sweetener of any kind in my coffee. I normally use a little agave nectar, but just wanted to see if I would like it without any sweet at all. It's probably an acquired taste, but I didn't hate it. Big deal for me.

Later kids!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am drinking up today. Pretty hard when you are on the road. Have to go in McDs to use the restroom. Good thing is makes me throw up or I would be in trouble!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

I'm slow on the water intake today but will definitely catch up. Doing well against the sweets, and even took myself a step further -no sweetener of any kind in my coffee. I normally use a little agave nectar, but just wanted to see if I would like it without any sweet at all. It's probably an acquired taste, but I didn't hate it. Big deal for me.

Later kids!

Shuntae, I did away with coffee sweeteners this past year, too. Believe it or not, not only will you get used to it, when you do taste sweet coffee down the road, it'll taste sickening sweet.

On the advice of my wolf friend last summer, I started phasing it out and only have cream in my coffee-- and I love it.

Water intake going well, my friends-- testing the sodium, like an idiot, though. We got free lunch coupons from our local Chinese restaurant for Christmas-- my husband is a regular customer there-- so I just had some shrimp with lobster sauce and a bit of fried rice. Only a bit, though-- gave most of it to Caleb.

My 1.5 down today will no doubt be back up tomorrow, but all in all I'm doing well.

It's beautiful here in New Jersey today-- heading out soon for a leisurely run solo-- when I run with hubs, he's always freaking racing me-- he kills me. So I'm heading out by myself.

Donna-- where in PA are you? I'm just across the river from Easton on the New Jersey side.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Later kids!

Shuntae, I did away with coffee sweeteners this past year, too. Believe it or not, not only will you get used to it, when you do taste sweet coffee down the road, it'll taste sickening sweet.

On the advice of my wolf friend last summer, I started phasing it out and only have cream in my coffee-- and I love it.

Water intake going well, my friends-- testing the sodium, like an idiot, though. We got free lunch coupons from our local Chinese restaurant for Christmas-- my husband is a regular customer there-- so I just had some shrimp with lobster sauce and a bit of fried rice. Only a bit, though-- gave most of it to Caleb.

My 1.5 down today will no doubt be back up tomorrow, but all in all I'm doing well.

It's beautiful here in New Jersey today-- heading out soon for a leisurely run solo-- when I run with hubs, he's always freaking racing me-- he kills me. So I'm heading out by myself.

Donna-- where in PA are you? I'm just across the river from Easton on the New Jersey side.

I do think I want to try half and half or regular cream instead of milk...might give it a little more taste.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So today was the first day back on the treadmill and with my HRM. I have been going by the treadmill number for calories burned but I came to find out that from the treadmill to the hrm it's about 300 calories off.

I did 5 miles for 1123 calories burned. I wanted to quit at about the .25 mark but kept going. It's amazing how my stubborn head works.

Have a great day all!!!