Options
    bump
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Really nothing new there.
  • stockholmhasago
    Options
    Just had a delicious sandwich on whole wheat bread.

And I've still got about 1.3k calories for today.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    People think sugar is "hidden" in muffins and granola? Really?

Sugar also "hides" in donuts, cake, Dr Pepper, and Pop-Tarts.

I think they hide some in my chocolate, too! :noway:
  • Toned_Beauty
    Options
    actually past and whole wheat bread are good for you. They have nutritional benifits. Also if you eat past the night before a major workout you will have more energy. Just make sure its whole grain pasta. If you dont trust the whole wheat bread try whole grain you get more fiber. As for the sugar i use brown sugar. It has more minerals in it so its healthier for you. Instead of margarine use olive oil is has healthy fats. And juices eat fruit instead. everything is ok in moderation if you gorge of course these are bad for you.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    People think sugar is "hidden" in muffins and granola? Really?

Sugar also "hides" in donuts, cake, Dr Pepper, and Pop-Tarts.

I think they hide some in my chocolate, too! :noway:

No way! I just found some in my icecream :explode:
  • moogie7
    moogie7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    MissWana- I learned the more complex carbs (on the glycemic index classification) are, the slower they convert to a sugar in your system (which usually helps NOT- or minimizes the- trigger my desire for more carbs). Overall our (my) body processes these more complex grains better than wheat. I still eat wheat over white flour given the grain choice, but those other grains are much healthier for me. I am choosing more of the rye based multi grains for my carb choices & I love the WASA brand crackers for this very reason!
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    Don't eat

1. poop
    2. rocks
    3. battery acid
    4. rubber
    5. beets (they're disgusting)

Otherwise, you'll be fine

This!^
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Don't eat

1. poop
    2. rocks
    3. battery acid
    4. rubber

This is my vote haha!
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    I Will never give up my pasta! I love it so much and im loseing weight just fine.
  • garayjoh
    garayjoh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No. Just eat at a calorie deficit if you're trying to lose and don't overthink it.

Best advice in my opinion, its difficult to eliminate stuff in this day and age. the best plan is to monitor your caloric intake, and supplement it with a good workout. I have been loosing 2 lbs doing this. Prior to myfitnesspal, I was consuming at least 4,000 - 5,000 calories a day, the second I dropped down to 1,900 calories, I started to shed weight.

I use sugar, I use margarine & butter, Whole wheat bread I also consume. Love pasta!

If I want to have three slices of pizza, I hit the elliptical for an hour in the morning and an hour at night. I know it sounds hard, but its not that bad.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about that ad that keeps popping up with the Banana. I tried to watch the video they had out of curosity but it took to friggen long and was clearly useless so I found a funny cat video to watch instead. Apparently there are a lot of them on the internet.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I just had cheese tortellini for lunch.
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Don't eat

1. poop
    2. rocks
    3. battery acid
    4. rubber

Pfft. I eat poop on the rocks dipped in battery acid WITH a side of rubber. You're right about the beets though. That shizz is nasty.
    Aren't those the ingredients of meth?

This made my day

In terms of bread though does this include rye multi grain bread? That is one thing I am not willing to give up. EVER.

I agree, I'm never giving up my rye bread :) I don't eat it much but I love it too much!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    1. I prefer butter
    2. I eat this
    3. I eat this
    4. I eat this
    5. Is wine a fruit juice? - kidding

I aim to hit my macros while at a slight calorie deficit to reach my target weight. I have increased my daily fruit/vegetable intake, but I don't exclude any particular food - unless I just don't like it (looking at you lima beans).

THIS! :D haha!

I don't eat "clean" even though honestly I do think it's super healthy and wonderful to do if you can do it. I just don't. :) I DO eat more fruit and vegetables than I used to (because I used to only eat bananas and apples... period LOL). I DO NOT exclude anything I really like. The only thing that I've taken out completely is soda (diet and regular). Waste of calories in my opinion. LOL BUUUUUUUUT if we take a trip back home (Biloxi, MS) I DO buy a Barq's Red Creme Soda because they don't sell it here in Kentucky. That is my special treat to myself because it makes me happy. :D
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I agree, everything in moderation. However, the items listed may cause weight gain by being trigger foods, binge items, perhaps...if you are diabetic or insulin resistant...slowing your metabolism, water retention...those sorts of things. I had to stop focusing on what I could NOT eat, and focus more on what I COULD eat and then do everything else in moderation.
  • moogie7
    moogie7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think it depends whether your goal is losing weight or eating healthier. Yes, you can continue to lose weight by managing your calories and therefore eating those things but they aren't necessarily the best option for you if you shooting for better health.

Here's what my nutritionist has told me about thes five foods:

1- Sugar = BAD (Cut white sugar out as much as possible. Sugar makes you fat. If you HAVE to eat sugar, use raw cane sugar or cocnut palm sugar but in moderation.)

2- Margarine = (Margarine is 1 molecule away from being plastic. It's been so processed that the "good fat" in butter has been taken out. You're better off with butter or even better, coconut oil.)

3- Whole wheat bread = Whole is better than white but still packed with sugar. Whole GRAIN uses the whole grain instead of processing it into flour. Even so, sourdough bread is better because of the lack of sugar. Watch the ingredients though. If there are too many or things you can't pronounce, stay away. Natural as possible is better.)

4- Pastas = Again, laden with sugar. Whole wheat is better than regular pasta, rice noodles even better than whole wheat, limited pasta, the best option. Try spaghetti squash instead. Apparently makes great pasta (haven't tried it myself).

5- OJ/Fruit juices = Wanna take a guess??? You got it! SUGAR!!! You're better off eating the fruit. Oh and keep the fruit for snack time and pair with a protein.

before I get slammed, please remember this is only what my nutritionist has told me and so far it's working FOR ME. I don't presume to know what's best for everyone else. :)

PS... I would replace beets with eggplant... that stuff will kill you. :)
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    1. I prefer butter
    2. I eat this
    3. I eat this
    4. I eat this
    5. Is wine a fruit juice? - kidding

I aim to hit my macros while at a slight calorie deficit to reach my target weight. I have increased my daily fruit/vegetable intake, but I don't exclude any particular food - unless I just don't like it (looking at you lima beans).

BUTTER IS DELICIOUS

However I haven't really touched any butter because I have been trying new meals and looking for new ways to cook food so that I can stay in my calorie range.

That being said... I still eat what ever I want to. I just decided to change the "what I want" to stuff that is delicious and good for me. I don't eat totally "clean" but I don't eat crap either. I have decided to change my life completely and so far it has turned out for the better. My kids love the new foods and my wife is on board as well.

Don't worry so much about what is "good" or "bad"

Look at your calories and your macros.

If you find that you are going over in a certain macro than find out why and replace that with something that is better for you and most likely you will not only feel better eating it but it will taste better as well.

Cheers!

Oh and bacon kicks *kitten*.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I agree, everything in moderation. However, the items listed may cause weight gain by being trigger foods, binge items, perhaps...if you are diabetic or insulin resistant...slowing your metabolism, water retention...those sorts of things. I had to stop focusing on what I could NOT eat, and focus more on what I COULD eat and then do everything else in moderation.

ok, but then it's not the food causing weight gain, it's the resulting binge cals. The food isn't the problem, the lack of control is.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options

ok, but then it's not the food causing weight gain, it's the resulting binge cals. The food isn't the problem, the lack of control is.

Correct, that is exactly my point.. and I figured it was worth including as a side note for the OP. Thx.