5 Pound a Month 20210 Challenge

Options

Replies

• annabelmartinez
    annabelmartinez Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!!

I have been doing really well on my eating since the 1st.... (I'm trying not to weigh myself daily like I have in the past coz I lose hope when I see no differnce in a day, which is lame coz you cant lose much in a day) The only problem is I have not been going to the gym.. see I am still on maternity leave till the end of the month and I have nobody to watch my kiddos to go to the gym... so I am trying so hard to eat well so that I can still lose. At the end of the month when my mother in law comes back from her vacation I can head back to the gym... I need to make the gym my best friend...

I am so jealous at everyones exercise routine.... Great going!! Keep it up... See you all friday for the weigh in....
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!!

I have been doing really well on my eating since the 1st.... (I'm trying not to weigh myself daily like I have in the past coz I lose hope when I see no differnce in a day, which is lame coz you cant lose much in a day) The only problem is I have not been going to the gym.. see I am still on maternity leave till the end of the month and I have nobody to watch my kiddos to go to the gym... so I am trying so hard to eat well so that I can still lose. At the end of the month when my mother in law comes back from her vacation I can head back to the gym... I need to make the gym my best friend...

I am so jealous at everyones exercise routine.... Great going!! Keep it up... See you all friday for the weigh in....

Why don't you try buying some workout DVDs and do them at home? I never leave the house for my workouts! It's nice to be able to choose what you want to do and in the privacy of your own home. I get in my strength training, cardio, everything with my dvds! Give them a try!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I did not get my nap time work out done yesterday. I started going through receipts for taxes and got bogged down. I do home daycare and I have to keep all receipts for things that are deductible....I hate paperwork. I put it off all year and then complain all January until I get it done. I should just do it at the end of every month!

What is the plan for today?

I plan to do my weight lifting workout video. And hopefully bike during nap time. I am worried about my nap time work out next week. I have a new baby starting and am pretty sure he will not be on the same schedule as the kids I have now. The kids I have now are all older than a year and nap at the same time....I have been spoiled for the last few months.

What is your favorite breakfast to get your day going?
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I just finished my workout while ago and burned 500 calories myself. But something is going on with my HRM and it will show way off readings and even 00% for my heartrate when I'm sweating like crazy. So I know the readings are way off.

What kind of HRM do you have? Mine tends to do weird things once in a while.....it loses my heart rate when I am lying of my back do curls or mountain climbers....yesterday after working out I took off the chest strap and put it away and put the watch by the computer until I could log the workout....when I sat down to log my workout the HRM was reading a pulse of 200+.....I was not wearing the chest strap but my guess is that it was picking up a signal from somewhere!

I am looking for at a Garmin 305 so I can also log the miles walked and ran this year outside.
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I wish I was as good at exercising!. I really have to make myself do it...

Did 45 min hill workout level 12 speed 3.2 on the treadmill yesterday. I kept the 3.2 speed for 35 min, then lowered it to 3.0 so I could complete the entire 45 min. My mini goal is to complete the entire workout at 3.2...then I'll change it up to 3.4. (nothing like keeping it going, right?)

No "real" workout tonight. I have to make a commisary run. ugh :grumble: That in itself should count! I'll actually log it as 60 minute slow walk at 2.0.

Stayed on track with calories yesterday! Should be ok today too, as long as I stick to what I've logged in...:blushing:

Sherri
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Woke up this morning and it was 4 below zero and I thought wow a it warmed up. Its been double digits below for several mornings so 4 below felt great.

My goal for the morning is to get through Jillian's Boost Metabolism Video. And then bike while the kids are napping.

Do you have an exercise goal for the day?

Seriuosly, how can you tell the difference between 4 below and 10 below? I have no idea how you manage in that kind of cold. We've been in the teens all week and I'm feeling picked on by Mother Nature! You have my admiration.

Exercise goals for yesterday (wednesday) were met- Walked 1/2 mile:Ran 2 miles:walked 1/2 mile back to the house. Also took 1/2 hour Wing Chun class followed by 55 minute Black Belt Sparring and Self Defense Class (which cardio'd me out!!!) Didn't wanna but did it anyway. It's always a struggle getting myself out the door Wed. evenings for these classes but when I do, I'm always glad I did because I have fun.

Today is a little easier- 1/2 hour Wing Chun review of last nights class plus 40 minute Escrima knife defense class followed by my teaching my TKD class for 55 minutes.
  • Susibug
    Susibug Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. just started yesterday.

Lots of weight to lose but i'm not looking that far ahead. One day at a time. :)

Plan to workout everyday i don't work(i'm casual so that's only a couple shifts a week and lots of walking when i work). Plus i want to use mfp and stay within my reccomended cals.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Seriuosly, how can you tell the difference between 4 below and 10 below? I have no idea how you manage in that kind of cold. We've been in the teens all week and I'm feeling picked on by Mother Nature! You have my admiration.

Exercise goals for yesterday (wednesday) were met- Walked 1/2 mile:Ran 2 miles:walked 1/2 mile back to the house. Also took 1/2 hour Wing Chun class followed by 55 minute Black Belt Sparring and Self Defense Class (which cardio'd me out!!!) Didn't wanna but did it anyway. It's always a struggle getting myself out the door Wed. evenings for these classes but when I do, I'm always glad I did because I have fun.

Today is a little easier- 1/2 hour Wing Chun review of last nights class plus 40 minute Escrima knife defense class followed by my teaching my TKD class for 55 minutes.
    [/quote]

I have not been out today but......the wind chlll is supposed to drop to -35 during the day today.....that is why I ordered a
    treadmill......no way I am going walking or running in this kind of weather. Treadmill comes tomorrow and guess what?
    The weather man is predicting 30 above zero for next week. A balmy week to be sure!

Not sure how I can tell the difference between -4 and -10 I think the house just feels a bit warmer first thing in the morning!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I just finished my workout while ago and burned 500 calories myself. But something is going on with my HRM and it will show way off readings and even 00% for my heartrate when I'm sweating like crazy. So I know the readings are way off.

What kind of HRM do you have? Mine tends to do weird things once in a while.....it loses my heart rate when I am lying of my back do curls or mountain climbers....yesterday after working out I took off the chest strap and put it away and put the watch by the computer until I could log the workout....when I sat down to log my workout the HRM was reading a pulse of 200+.....I was not wearing the chest strap but my guess is that it was picking up a signal from somewhere!

I am looking for at a Garmin 305 so I can also log the miles walked and ran this year outside.

Mine is a Polar F11. I love the watch when it works right! I tried washing the chest strap out really good. I usually rinse it out every day, but I guess that isn't enough. One time I washed it and it didn't work right for about a week. Maybe I've finally got it figured out because it worked great today!

I just got done with my workout too. I did the Jari Love Get Extremely Ripped 1000 dvd. It's really good for burning calories and building muscle! I like to do it on Thurdays because Fridays are my rest day from working out. This dvd really exhausts my muscles so I don't feel guilty for taking a rest day the next day, I know I need it!
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    I'm in!! I want to lose 20 pounds by May1st.... I have done really well with my eating the past couple weeks, only one bad meal that I can remember and it wasn't toooo terrible.. Drinking TONS of water, I think I'm going to turn into a fish!! I have a new elliptical at home that KILLS me so it is really difficult for me to even do 6 minutes on it when I can do 30+ at the gym... Makes no sense to me but whatever... My boss and I are planning on walking at the track as much as possible, we started last night and walked 5 miles in about an hour and 10 minutes until my foot fell asleet cuz od my stupid insole in my shoe was all the way up my ankle once it came back to life...

Hopefully the 20 pounds or 2 pants sizes will be accomplished.. I am totally dedicated!! I just need to make it to the gym and do some strength training and possibly do the elliptical up there in the morning for 30 minutes instead of battling with mine and giving up after 6 minutes. Then I can just push it out on that one as much as possible while watching TV or something...

Hopefully it happens!! Wish me luck!! OH, we're going walking again tonight when we get off giving that it isn't raining or snowing!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Welcome to the group Heather!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I did 1 hour of zumba in the morning, 1 hour of hip hop at night.
    I could have lose more weight if I did not eat whopper jr.. <sigh>
    I have no problem with my work out.. but my eating.. I can not say no to free food.
    I'm trying my food habit in control.

Friday is my weight in. I hope I will lose some this week.

Make sure you journal your food so you can see what you really are eating and that will definetly be an eye opener for you. A suggestion, do your best to eat healthy all week and then either Friday or Saturday nite eat anything and everything that you want. If you eat healthy all week and do just one big cheat meal it will actually help boost your metabolism. It will have to work extra hard to burn that food. You can do this and we are all here to help you. Just keep reminding yourself of why you are doing this. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    You guys have such motivation when it comes to exercise! I have been doing a good job (pat on back) with my food choices this week, but my workout time is horrible. I do not do the gym and I will be asking questions about all these things you guys are talking about which I have never heard of before :) But I try to do my best to keep moving. I have my wii fit plus and I know it is not a true workout, but at least I am mobile. I admire you all so much.

I will boast though that I hit over 10,000 steps today! It is the first time since I started counting about a week or so ago. I now park farther away from the building (the cold has hampered this a little) talk the longer route to get to classes (at my first job, at the high school) and during the afternoon (at my second job) I walked around the basketball court/playground about a zillion times today. My time is so limited for a real workout schedule :(

Any suggestions?

It sounds like you are on the right road to success. The Wii fit is a great place to start and you can only go up from there. Great job parking farther away and walking more. You will get there. You will get frustrated at times, but just remember why you are doing this. (the dress) That will keep you going. It is recommended about every 6 to 8 weeks to change your exercise routine up the boost your metabolism. I would suggest looking for workout videos that you can do at home. There will always be great suggestions here. Just remember to continue to log in your food and exercise and come and talk to us to get the motivation and encouragement you deserve. I wish you the best of luck. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hi all!!!

Why don't you try buying some workout DVDs and do them at home? I never leave the house for my workouts! It's nice to be able to choose what you want to do and in the privacy of your own home. I get in my strength training, cardio, everything with my dvds! Give them a try!

I absolutely agree with Lisa. I do not workout in a gym. I am actually using P90X right now and it is fantastic. There are so many different DVD workouts you can do. I would suggest getting a couple cardio DVDs and then also make sure to get a few strength training DVDs as well. Strength training is just as important as the cardio.

You can go to my website and click the shop button. There is a variety of workout DVDs to choose from. If you have any questions, do not hesistate to ask me.

http://beachbodycoach.com/jjtonic75
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hi All!

I wish I was as good at exercising!. I really have to make myself do it...

Did 45 min hill workout level 12 speed 3.2 on the treadmill yesterday. I kept the 3.2 speed for 35 min, then lowered it to 3.0 so I could complete the entire 45 min. My mini goal is to complete the entire workout at 3.2...then I'll change it up to 3.4. (nothing like keeping it going, right?)

No "real" workout tonight. I have to make a commisary run. ugh :grumble: That in itself should count! I'll actually log it as 60 minute slow walk at 2.0.

Stayed on track with calories yesterday! Should be ok today too, as long as I stick to what I've logged in...:blushing:

Sherri

You are moving and that is the best thing you can do for yourself right now. Don't give yourself a hard time for that. In a couple of weeks your body will start asking for more and then you just need to change things up a little. You can do this, we are all here for you. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

Sounds like you are very much into cardio. That is great. Do you do any strength training?

Keep up the awesome job. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I'm in.. just started yesterday.

Lots of weight to lose but i'm not looking that far ahead. One day at a time. :)

Plan to workout everyday i don't work(i'm casual so that's only a couple shifts a week and lots of walking when i work). Plus i want to use mfp and stay within my reccomended cals.

One day at a time is the best way to look at it. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Mine is a Polar F11. I love the watch when it works right! I tried washing the chest strap out really good. I usually rinse it out every day, but I guess that isn't enough. One time I washed it and it didn't work right for about a week. Maybe I've finally got it figured out because it worked great today!

I just got done with my workout too. I did the Jari Love Get Extremely Ripped 1000 dvd. It's really good for burning calories and building muscle! I like to do it on Thurdays because Fridays are my rest day from working out. This dvd really exhausts my muscles so I don't feel guilty for taking a rest day the next day, I know I need it!

I wash my strap in the washer after every 5 or 6 uses and let it air dry and it seems to work okay for me.

Your body definetly deserves a rest day at least once a week. Keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Heather, glad that you are with us. It sounds like you are starting off right. Keep up the awesome work. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Did Shoulders & Arms w/ ARX last nite and I feel like I tore it up. In a good way. LOL My fiance' showed me how to use our Bioforce for some of the moves so I could add more weight and that was great. I feel really good today after that workout. Looking forward to Yoga tonite.

Have a beautiful afternoon everyone. :bigsmile: