I wear makeup to the gym

Options
RedHeadDevotchka
RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
I also wear leggings, wear cutesy shirts with fun sayings on them, have my nails painted, and I put on deodorant. I know that this basically is like 10 strikes in some people's opinions, but I work out after work and I could care less about washing my face.
Just because I do these things does that make me any less serious while being there? I see alot of hate about these things. Can't we all just be encouraging? It's hard enough without MFP ppl bashing each other!

Replies

• KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    I'm hitting the like button :)
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Woah.... wearing deodorant is against some people's rules? Tell me who they are so I can stay far, far away from them at the gym...
  • caulker
    caulker Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wear make-up too, I even stare in the mirrors to clean up the sweaty streaks of eye liner sliding round my face haha.
    Do I care? Nah do i *kitten* ;-p
  • caulker
    caulker Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Woah.... wearing deodorant is against some people's rules? Tell me who they are so I can stay far, far away from them at the gym...

Haha fully agree
  • saramariebabyy
    Options
    i wear mascara almost everywhere i go. i always have a gym bag with me too. if i want to go to the gym and i have a face full of makeup, so be it. at least im trying to stay in shape :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Agreed. It's pretty sad how some women care so much to tear apart other women who wear make-up and/or cute gym clothes.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I wear mascara to the gym...and I can lift as much as the guys :)

It's the ladies who cake on the makeup that make me giggle
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I am a sweater so I wear cute stuff with my nails done and I wear matching clothes. Do what makes you feel good and don't worry about anyone else. You need supporters not haters!!!!!
  • crystal_darling
    crystal_darling Posts: 53 Member
    Options

This! And outside the gym!

As for the make-up, I personally feel better if I don't have any on. I feel like my pores are clogging up and my face can't breathe. But that may be just me. :)
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm sure some people would think that deodorant application is in some way vain. I don't get how I should just stop being myself since I'm in the gym.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wear bum gym clothes. NEVER make up. And whatever.
    That said, I have no problem with otherwise. I do think it's silly, but it's not my business.
    If I'm really working hard at the gym, I don't have time to give two flips.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I think it would be silly to put make up on to go to the gym, BUT going on after work and not washing it off is different.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I would wear make-up to the gym - BUT I get up at 6:15 and run to the gym for 7:00 (when it opens) and i ain't getting up any earlier to put it on - tempting as it is to grab my mascara, as I am never without it! - I do however, brush my teeth out of courtesy for anyone that I may talk to, but that's it. I don't have a problem with anyone who wears make-up at the gym.

I hear ya on all the ppl bashing - I got it gooooood today on a thread i started where i was illegitimately asking for help, it hurt and it made me cry... true story. We may just look like words on a screen - but we are real people, with feelings - there... sob story over and venting complete - carry on! :wink:
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Same here! I don't really care what anyone else thinks either. If you have time to judge what people are wearing, and whether or not they have on make-up, then you probably aren't focusing on the task at hand =)
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I always like to admire myself in the mirror as I'm working out....is this vain? Probably. Do I deserve to be vain after all the hard work I've done? Um..duh!
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    I wear makeup to the gym. I have been thinking about not doing it though my face is so not liking it. I hate not wearing makeup when I go out of the house but I also hate wearing so much cover up to hide crap on my face...what to do? :ohwell:
  • blpasquarella
    blpasquarella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If I look good, I feel good. If I feel good, I work hard! If I look like crap, I'm just not going to work as hard.

In my opinion: No shame in wanting to look your best so that you perform your best!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I also wear makeup to they gym, fix my hair wear cute tops, and wind breaker pants. When I am done with my workout I go to the mirror in the weight room and check myself in the mirror before I leave It's a me thing.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    I feel more confident when I'm wearing cute workout clothes. I have never even noticed what other women are wearing. The only thing I pay attention to is how hard everyone is working, and what a motivation it is.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    If I look good, I feel good. If I feel good, I work hard! If I look like crap, I'm just not going to work as hard.

In my opinion: No shame in wanting to look your best so that you perform your best!

AMEN TO THAT