I wear makeup to the gym

Options

Replies

• downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    LOL With that profile pic Craig.... you win! I wish I had a dress that nice.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    so I have to ask....why? Is there a particular reason to wear full on makeup to the gym? Insecurity inside?
    I mean, I could care less, but since the topic has been brought up, I guess this is as good of a reason as any to ask why.

I seldom wear makeup on a daily basis, much less to the gym or to a race. I find natural beauty to be much more becoming. But then again, I have been accused of being a bit too self confident. :(

Not an insecurity. I already know I look good so if I can take 5 minutes to look even better than I'd go for it.

I could say the same thing about someone getting dressed everyday. It's much easier to put on big sweats, baggy tshirts, and flip flops to run errands on a daily basis. Doing this would make you look like a slob so does it make the person who puts in more effort to look presentable insecure?

I agree. Good point

Sure. Excellent point. You want to stop being called prissy princesses for wearing make up at the gym, but call those who chose to go casual slobs?
    Fantastic way to state your case.

That's cool, but you did kinda start an argument calling make up wearers prissy princesses. Again,.I come from work its already there. That name calling is what I'm talking about. I am fine if you don't dress match match to go to the gym, but why does wearing makeup make a woman a prissy princess?
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make-up at all, but it bothers me 0% if others do. Same applies to make-up to work out. Whatever floats your boat.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

And how the EFF do you expect people to respect you for going out in full make up mode to the gym, if you can't respect the opposite. I don't care what your brother told you.

I am perfectly pretty and perfectly presentable not wearing make up, or some matchy outfit. For those who do, fantastic.

It's not about wearing make up or not, its just about looking your best. If you think you look your best without make up then its fine. You'll exude just as much confidence as someone else who takes pride in their appearance in their own way.

My comment before was more about the dirty-rolled-out-of-bed-hit-the-gym kind of slobs. The people who look like they might smell the way their outfit looks but to them its okay cause they're going to sweat anyway.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    WHO THE FU(K CARES??????????????????????????????

just my opinion.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    WHO THE FU(K CARES??????????????????????????????

just my opinion.

evidently, the chicks that wear makeup to the gym....lol
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    so I have to ask....why? Is there a particular reason to wear full on makeup to the gym? Insecurity inside?
    I mean, I could care less, but since the topic has been brought up, I guess this is as good of a reason as any to ask why.

I seldom wear makeup on a daily basis, much less to the gym or to a race. I find natural beauty to be much more becoming. But then again, I have been accused of being a bit too self confident. :(

Not an insecurity. I already know I look good so if I can take 5 minutes to look even better than I'd go for it.

I could say the same thing about someone getting dressed everyday. It's much easier to put on big sweats, baggy tshirts, and flip flops to run errands on a daily basis. Doing this would make you look like a slob so does it make the person who puts in more effort to look presentable insecure?

I agree. Good point

Sure. Excellent point. You want to stop being called prissy princesses for wearing make up at the gym, but call those who chose to go casual slobs?

How is wearing make-up to the gym being a prissy princess?

& You know what? I will never forget the day my brother was talking about how in boot camp for the marine corps, his superiors would yell at them about always looking their best in their uniforms. They used to talk tons of *kitten* about civilians, saying how big of slobs we are and how sloppy we go out in public looking.

It's called having pride in yourself and the way you look. Whether you are at the gym, the mall, the store, work, etc.
    And how the EFF do you expect people to respect you for going out in full make up mode to the gym, if you can't respect the opposite. I don't care what your brother told you.

I am perfectly pretty and perfectly presentable not wearing make up, or some matchy outfit. For those who do, fantastic.

YOU started this by calling people prissy princesses. I have no idea why you came into this thread. It's people like YOU that this thread is about.

I also fail to see where I "disrespected" the "opposite". I never said that you have to wear make-up to take pride in the way you look.
    You seem to be taking this personally and it also seems to be a sore subject for you. I never said that you are not "perfectly pretty and perfectly presentable" not wearing make-up.

Have a good night.
  • spazz_face
    Options
    I also wear leggings, wear cutesy shirts with fun sayings on them, have my nails painted, and I put on deodorant. I know that this basically is like 10 strikes in some people's opinions, but I work out after work and I could care less about washing my face.
    Just because I do these things does that make me any less serious while being there? I see alot of hate about these things. Can't we all just be encouraging? It's hard enough without MFP ppl bashing each other!

THIS
    It does not matter. If someone is making an effort to work out, who gives a **** if they do it in makeup or not? Saying it matters is just stupid, if you make an effort you make an effort regardless of what is or isn't on your face. Good grief shouldn't we all be past this? I totally agree with you.

Also, I wear makeup when I work out when out of the house, simply because it makes me feel good. I don't care if you guys see this as snobbish or whatever, if it makes me feel better about myself I'm doing it.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

I agree. Good point

& You know what? I will never forget the day my brother was talking about how in boot camp for the marine corps, his superiors would yell at them about always looking their best in their uniforms. They used to talk tons of *kitten* about civilians, saying how big of slobs we are and how sloppy we go out in public looking.

It's called having pride in yourself and the way you look. Whether you are at the gym, the mall, the store, work, etc.

That's cool, but you did kinda start an argument calling make up wearers prissy princesses. Again,.I come from work its already there. That name calling is what I'm talking about. I am fine if you don't dress match match to go to the gym, but why does wearing makeup make a woman a prissy princess?

LOL well.. you call non make up wearers slobs... and what do you expect. I respect you, you respect me.
    You wear make up, I don't.
    And I won't say a word until somebody calls an entire group of people they don't even know "Slobs"
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Woah.... wearing deodorant is against some people's rules? Tell me who they are so I can stay far, far away from them at the gym...

Is your picture for real?
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options

I agree. Good point

LOL well.. you call non make up wearers slobs... and what do you expect. I respect you, you respect me.
    You wear make up, I don't.
    And I won't say a word until somebody calls an entire group of people they don't even know "Slobs"

I quoted the wrong person. I have called no one a slob. You're referring to a different poster
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    Alright, we got a cat fight! Let me say this, I don't care how you show up to the gym. Give me the same courtesy. That's all.
  • oregonzoo
    Options

I agree. Good point

YOU started this by calling people prissy princesses. I have no idea why you came into this thread. It's people like YOU that this thread is about.

I also fail to see where I "disrespected" the "opposite". I never said that you have to wear make-up to take pride in the way you look.
    You seem to be taking this personally and it also seems to be a sore subject for you. I never said that you are not "perfectly pretty and perfectly presentable" not wearing make-up.

Have a good night.

Just see the "slob" comment. Kind of rude. Honestly... I don't look at people at the gym. And I don't care what they wear. I AM more than comfortable with my appearance, and I wish more women would be. It hurts my heart women think they have to put a face on to feel better... However, if that's what you need more power to you.
    But if you expect others to not look at you funny because you are going to wear a matchy matchy outfit and make up to the gym, try to ignore the fact they are wearing a t-shirt and yoga pants.
    You see my post before the "slob" comment, and it was perfectly "live and let live".

You have a good night as well. :)
  • KatyBugs1724
    Options
    lol I do too! I at least have on mascara. I don't bother putting on face makeup just to go to the gym, but if I already have it on it's just that much more work to wash it off!! hahaha and I try to look cute too! I'm not one to go in just sweats and an old t-shirt! I have like all the cute little crops and tank top out fits with matching shoes!! Ohmygod, I'm such a girly-girl, but hey, if it motivates me to workout by having cute outfits for it, then *kitten* I'm gonna wear those cute outfits!
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    Alright, we got a cat fight! Let me say this, I don't care how you show up to the gym. Give me the same courtesy. That's all.

Agreed! That's all I want.

Don't call me a slob, because I just want a good workout. And I won't think you are silly for makeup.

Though I think all women are plenty beautiful, enough and presentable without it.

Also, sorry for quoting you.
  • redhousecat
    Options
    I work out on a military installation. If I went in trying to look all cutesy with makeup and matching clothes, I'd probably get my *kitten* kicked.
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I always like to admire myself in the mirror as I'm working out....is this vain? Probably. Do I deserve to be vain after all the hard work I've done? Um..duh!

^^
    Me to :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Yeah sorry if the truth upsets people about the slob comment I made. If you're going to be out in public and not even make an effort to look presentable then you'll probably look like a slob. I don't get how someone could just have no care for how they look just for themselves. Its not even about looking good for other people its just caring enough about yourself that you want to look great no matter where you go. Wouldn't you want to see something good if you pass by a mirror?

That almost shows a lack of confidence if you don't even try at all. It's almost like a person totally giving up if they just go out bumming it and don't even care.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options

Agreed! That's all I want.

Don't call me a slob, because I just want a good workout. And I won't think you are silly for makeup.

Though I think all women are plenty beautiful, enough and presentable without it.

Also, sorry for quoting you.

I think we quoted each other incorrectly, lol.

Deal! If we meet in the gym, I will admire you for the hard work being done.
  • redhousecat
    Options
    Yeah sorry if the truth upsets people about the slob comment I made. If you're going to be out in public and not even make an effort to look presentable then you'll probably look like a slob. I don't get how someone could just have no care for how they look just for themselves. Its not even about looking good for other people its just caring enough about yourself that you want to look great no matter where you go. Wouldn't you want to see something good if you pass by a mirror?

That almost shows a lack of confidence if you don't even try at all. It's almost like a person totally giving up if they just go out bumming it and don't even care.

ok, I'm confused so please clarify. Are you saying that if one does NOT dress in matching cutesy stuff then they are a slob? If one does NOT wear makeup, is that a lack of attempt to look good? Really, just trying to make sure I understand what you are saying.