Replies

• 57silverfox
    57silverfox Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    even 2lbs over 12 months is 24 keep going
  • kadinlucas
    kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is not going to be a popular comment but...
    Had a quick look at couple of days in your diary and it does not seem near complete, and is full of just added calories.
    If you want to seriously give it a go with this site then you need to do it right and log everything, otherwise maybe this site isn't the way as it is primarily for tracking food and exercise. Give it a serious attempt for a few weeks and try to log everything, a half assed attempt is probably not worth the time.
  • RokkinRobin
    Options
    Please don't give up! I am having a hard time myself and some days I swear I am starving. If you've lost inches and you're working out, perhaps you are putting on muscle, and since muscle weighs more than fat, that could be what is happening. I know it is hard to stick with it. I've thought about just accepting my fatness too... the pounds will come off, it is just slow. It has taken me a few tries, giving up, trying again. I am finally down 13 pounds, but it has taken like 4 months to get even this far. Don't be discouraged.

We're all here to help each other!
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    This is not going to be a popular comment but...
    Had a quick look at couple of days in your diary and it does not seem near complete, and is full of just added calories.
    If you want to seriously give it a go with this site then you need to do it right and log everything, otherwise maybe this site isn't the way as it is primarily for tracking food and exercise. Give it a serious attempt for a few weeks and try to log everything, a half assed attempt is probably not worth the time.
    [/quote
    Like i said before i could nt find the foods in the database. So i just looked at the box and quick added.
    I Did nt know you could add your own food on here.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yup.....just keep trying. I'm actually scared to do 30 day shred haha it looks intimidating at least you did 6 days so far. just jump back on in.

i know it's not cheap to eat well either. in the produce section i look for "manager's specials" (Kroger) they usually have them on the bagged salads. Usually $2.79, they will be marked down to 99 cents. Other than that, potatoes, onions, sweet potatoes are usually cheap. Along with apples 5 for $2, and they had strawberries for $1.88 a carton a few weeks ago.

most of the bigger stores have their store brand of greek yogurt. mix with a teaspoon of fat free sugar free Jello cheesecake pudding mix, put in a dessert glass, crush up a cookie (a small one haha) and sprinkle on top. Feels like a cheat and you don't feel deprived.

as far as meats, even if you get 80/20 ground beef just make sure to drain well. i'd also get a whole chicken. i notice a lot of times they have the thigh/drumstick portions for way cheap. i'd de-bone, use the meat for stir frys and the bones for soup stock. plus all this extra peeling, prepping and cooking burns up extra cals. sometimes i get burnt out on all the prep/cook but i try to keep it going.
  • Louiyen
    Louiyen Posts: 69
    Options
    Noooooo! Don't give up!!! LIke several of them said, you have to be honest when you count your calories. Most of the time i overestimate. And you mentioned you didn't have much money right? Well that's not a problem b/c I don't have much money either since i'm still searching for a job after college. Yet, i'm doing just fine logging in my calories. Except what i think will really help you in this case is intermittent fasting eating. It's not a diet, just a way of eating at differently timeframes. Msg me if you're interested in knowing more. You can also do research on it on the web. there are several great sources. GL
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I checked your diary, you really need to be eating better. Your food is high in sodium, fat and carbs. Check out some of the topics on heating healthier foods. Once you start that you should be seeing some results.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You asked what are you doing wrong. I agree with the poster who said that you are living off of processed food. You said you had money problems. Look around and get simpler foods like bags of apples, old-fashioned oatmeal, milk, real raw chicken, carrots, etc. and start cooking more. No more quick added calories. That is bad because you don't know whether you are meeting targets for protein or whatever. When you start cooking, you will be able to eat larger portions and really not feel deprived on your diet. When you diet correctly, you enjoy what you eat, and you enjoy the transformations in your body. The sign that you are not happy does not mean you should quit. It means that you need to change how you are dieting. You should erase all those rewards in your profile ! Love yourself! You are not a child who needs to be punished or rewarded, but a deserving creature that needs to be fed right to thrive. Put your focus on eating right instead of counting calories.
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey this is a lifetime process. You're making good changes for your health. Don't give up on being good to yourself- the rest will follow. :flowerforyou:
  • shanson1313
    shanson1313 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    don't give up, don't give in! You can do it! track those calories and be for real, no guessing. Lots of water, a really good multi-vitamin and good sleep all helped me!
  • emmamiso5
    Options
    Watch Extreme Makeover Weight loss edition- its inspiring!
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I agree with what some others are saying. A month isn't enough time. The fact that you lost 5 lbs in a month is pretty good. Think about the times you are weighing. Your sodium intake is through the roof. Work on that and you will see the scale go down. Work out harder. Stop adding quick calories and actually log what you eat. Its ok to do quick calories every once in a while. I hardly do it but I do. I once wanted to give up but I refuse to do it. You can do this. Just give it time.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    You need to stop putting in quick calories so you can get your macros in order.. What are they? You also should be eating over MFP recommended protein. Some days you ate as little as 25g. You should be around 100g. Also make sure you are tracking your sugars.. But i think your culprit is the quick add calories.. are you guesstimating these?

I just looked briefly at your diary and agree that you have too many quick-add calories that don't tell the story about what you're really eating. That should be reserved for occasional things, not daily items and certainly not multiple times in the day.

Whenever I log a quick-add entry, I make a reference to it in the Notes section so I know what it was about ... but it's usually reserved for when I go to a buffet or restaurant and it would be too hard to log the traditional way.

Also, you should eat more veggies and fruit and protein.

Try not to drink your calories. Cut back on booze and high-cal drinks.

Drink lots of water and fill up on that.

Those changes should help a lot.
  • mlscott96
    mlscott96 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    NON SENSE GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION!!!! THIS IS TRULY A JOURNEY. I STARTED THIS SIGHT IN JULY AND I ALSO HIT A PLATEU AND WANTED TO GIVE UP. THEN I REMEMBERED THAT THE RACE IS NOT GIVEN TO THE SWIFT AND THE BATTLE TO NOT GIVEN TO THE STRONG, BUT TO THOSE WHO HOLD OUT AND ENDURE :wink: UNTIL THE PERFECT END.

HANG IN THERE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS LIST. YOU CAN DO THIS. TRUST ME IF I CAN YOU CAN, AS MY WEIGHT HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND ISSUE FOR ME!!!!!
  • mlscott96
    mlscott96 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ALSO REMEMBER AS A WOMEN WE GAIN WEIGHT DOING OUR PERIOD, A LOT OF WATER WEIGHT SO TAKE THAT IN ACCOUNT
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Losing weight slowly isn't a bad thing. I have restarted my journey in April and I am losing soooooo slooooooowly!!!!! Don't give up on this :wink: We're all here for you!!!! Remember why you are doing this and reach for it. I am doing this for a healthy pregnancy when it does happen :happy:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    What you are doing wrong is expecting it all to happen overnight. You didn't gain the weight overnight, nor will you lose it that quickly. I lost 2.2 lbs over the last month and a half and I was thrilled when I found out!

That said, if your sodium intake is very high, I'd assume the missing pounds you expected to have lost are still on you in the form of water weight. The fact that you are losing inches but not pounds reinforces that assumption (and feels like a win to me in its own right).
  • JenRei87
    JenRei87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    veggies, chicken, fish and beef are actually a lot cheaper than you think. Take it from someone who also has a very limited budget -_-
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    NO! DO NOT GIVE UP. Give it another month and if you're in the same boat, go see a doctor and see if something else might be affecting you. Stay strong, add me!
    This :smile:
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    If you wanna give up, give up. It's your choice. Just know that if you end up being miserable - that was your choice too. I mean if you like being fat, sure don't change a thing. But if you want to lose weight it takes patience, consistency, dedication and hardwork!