Options
    a typical day for me (when i didnt cook) used to look like this

breakfast:
    iced coffee with a couple pumps of white mocha
    everything bagel with cream cheese

lunch:
    sandwich spot sandwich and chips

dinner:
    jimboys bean burrito, a shredded beef quesadilla, and cheesy bean flautas or a veggie burrito.

total calories: 3350
    400+ carbs, 100+ fat, <70 protein, and OVER 6000mg of sodium!!!

NO WONDER I WAS OBESE.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Der Weiner Shnitzel: dinner
    chili cheese burger : 380 calories
    chili cheese fries : 540 calories
    cherry pesi 16 0z : 480 calories

total=1400 calories dinner

Jack-n-the Box: lunch
    sour dough Jack :680 calories
    seasoned curlie fries large: 580 calories
    stuffed jalapenos 7 pc : 510 calories
    large 20oz strawberry fanat : 210 calories

total=1980 calorie lunch

breakfast
    break fast jack : 280 calories
    hash browns 5 pc. : 280 calories
    orange juice: 140 calories

total =700 calorie breakfast

we all know 4000 calories equals i pound of fat.....i cant believe i never paid attention!!:noway:
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Chinese foooooood! I used to get Coconut Shrimp or General Tso's with fried rice an eggroll and an order of crab rangoon all to myself.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I used to consume about 1 x 500ml can of Mother Energy drink every day thinking nothing of it.

233 calories in every can! Glad I have wiped that out of my diet.

Whenever I drink something, it was always rather low in calories. I mean it's there to just quench your thirst really.

It's either -

Water
    Sparkling Water
    Diet Soda
    Green Tea
    Long Skinny Machiatto

When I go out drinking, I no longer get vodka and red bull. It's now vodka with soda water and lime. :) Which saves me about 80 calories per drink! Plus I actually prefer it, now that I find red bull too sweet for my liking :)
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Eating badly was so long ago for me... I hardly remember a typical day.

I think a typical day for me was something like

big bowl of cereal with full fat milk
    3 tim tams mid afternoon
    footlong subway for lunch with mayo and cheese
    muesli bar and donut for mid afternoon
    chicken and bacon alfredo fettucine

That would be somewhere around the 2500-3000 calorie mark I'm guessing.
  • jibbala
    jibbala Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My weakness has never been fast food. I treat myself to a single egg mcmuffin once a week...dont get sweetner of any kind in drinks. Avoid soda like the plague. I love my veggies.

BUT...

I am a mean baker. And I make my own pasta. So I pretty much made myself chunky on my own home cooking...

I could polish off:

two and half cups of hand made pasta, tossed with lots of evoo and cheese, smothered in either pesto and more cheese or a super rich, buttery, creamy bolognaise (yes...my bolognaise has butter AND cream in it). And some sort of fatty meat (either sausage or 80/20 ground beef and ground pork mix)

I would easily eat half a giant load of french bread, slathered in butter, garlic and more cheese.

Dessert would be a slice...or two...or three...of two layer homemade cake filled with something ridiculous and creamy and topped with mounds of homemade buttercream. Or giant, fresh baked cookies by the handfull. Or 4 slices of quickbread. Or pie.

I cant fathom the calories...Id have to guess 3000'ish.

My husband and I also looove going out for big fancy meals....four, five courses ending with two desserts. Id have 2 glasses of wine to top it all off. We did this usually once a week but even if you are eating well, it was just too much.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Missoula Montana where there was a chain of diners called 4B's. 4B's is famous for their cream of tomato soup, and for good reason. If I was on death row, that would be my request for my last meal.

I have no idea what the calorie counts were on that soup, but the recipe calls for a pint of heavy cream and 1/4 cup of butter, LOL! I'd also get a greasy grilled cheese sandwich made with white bread and mayo and dip the sandwich into the soup. OMG, it was so delicious!

I miss a lot of things about living in Montana, but it is probably a good thing that I'm not heading into a 4B's anytime soon. :laugh:
  • morgano7
    morgano7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For me, a regular day used to be like this:

Breakfast:
    Cheesy Potato Bites- 420
    Cinnamon Bun with Caramel Icing- 399
    Total: 819 calories

Lunch:
    Jimmy John's #12 Beach Club on French- 720
    Salt & Vinegar Chips- 140
    Regular Raspberry Iced Tea- 195
    Total: 1055 calories

Snack:
    Popcorn Chicken- 342
    Total: 342 calories

Dinner:
    Philly Horseshoe with waffle fries and white cheese sauce- 1360
    Total: 1360 calories

Dessert:
    One pound bag of Twizzlers- 2160 (And I always thought it was okay because the bag says "A Fat Free Food!" on the front.)
    Total: 2160 calories

Daily total: 5736!

I typically did not eat every meal each day but sometimes my days would look like this. That is absolutely terrifying.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I really packed on the kgs because I'd have two lunches at work. I usually packed myself a healthier meal - usually a wrap or a salad but then I'd go down to the cafe and get a pasta. And I was eating a creamy carbonara pasta or a pesto pasta 2-3 times a week for lunch. Oh, I'd also occsionaly get a danish pastry or a sausage roll for breakfast.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    This thread is just making me hungry...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    This is really interesting for three reasons.

One- I think a lot of you might be american as I've never heard of half the things you're eating (I *really* don't want to know what a sausage biscuit is- sounds awful!)

Can you describe what baked camenbert, fish pie/cheese mash, and cheese board are? Never heard of them.

A "biscuit" in the U.S. is not the same as a "biscuit" in other parts of the world (particularly England). A biscuit here is a type of bread similar to a roll. What you think of as a biscuit is what we would call a cookie, which is a sweet treat (wouldn't consider it a pastry, but it is considered a dessert) and would be absolutely dreadful with sausage.
    Sounds like biscuit is what Australia / NZ call 'english muffins'

Baked Camembert - a miniature Camembert round cheese, usually covered in breadcrumbs, and either baked or deep-fried. The cheese goes all gooey and melty.

Fish pie with cheese mash - delicately flavoured white-flesh fish, often smoked (brings a different flavour to the experience), white cheesy sauce, mixed vegetables, all baked in a ceramic oven dish with a crispy top usually made from breadcrumbs and cheese OR mashed potato in cheese. It sounds awful, but it's pretty tasty.

Cheese board - usually in place of a dessert, a cheese board is a selection of cheeses, usually presented on a cutting board (just like a chopping board, really). Commonly you'd have a blue cheese, a couple of softs (ie camembert or brie), a couple of hards (leicester, cheddar), and a specialty cheese (like goat's milk feta). Usually also has very sweet, tart pastes (like quince paste / quince jelly), raisins and other dried fruits, dried nuts, light crackers, served with a dessert wine. It's...intense, and very conducive to overconsumption.

This all sounds amazing to me. I'm in the wrong country.
  • RaygunG
    RaygunG Posts: 4
    Options
    On my way to work, with thoughts of "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" in my head, I would stop at McDonalds and get:

Fruit & Maple Oatmeal
    Fruit 'N Yogurt Parfait
    Sweet Tea
    Bacon, Egg & Cheese Bagel

Calories 1150
    Cholesterol 275mg (91%)
    Protein 34g
    Calories from Fat 300
    Sodium 1540mg (64%)

A nice calorie bomb to start the day! I rationalized it as "Fruit, Yogurt, oatmeal and eggs are healthy, right!" For some reason, I thought the positives would vastly outweigh the negatives.
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stockholmhasago
    Options
    I wouldn't drink water, at all. Unless some got in my mouth in the shower, I didn't have a single drop for ages.
    I'd go through a 12 pack of coke in a day. I'm surprised I didn't balloon the hell up, but I guess I was young and lucky.
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    OMG! I remember a few years back I ate soooo much one day. I ate the two cheeseburger MEAL from Mcdonalds which has to be at least 950 calories, probably a ridiculous amount of fat. Then for dinner my fat *kitten* stopped at Burger King for a Whopper MEAL. I'm guessing another 900+ calories. That's not even counting breakfast. :huh: The sodium content of my day was off the charts!!!! The thought of eating like that now makes me want to vomit! Disgusting.
  • nikkiw283
    Options
    I used to eat a Chick-fil-a Spicy Chicken combo like 2 times a week. Yikes.

1700 Calories
    99g Fat
    17g Saturated Fat
    0g Trans Fat
    105mg Cholesterol
    2465mg Sodium
    172g Carbohydrates
    5g Fiber
    80g Sugar
    33g Protein
  • kazj17
    kazj17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I used to eat McDonalds once a week, I have been on MFP 5 months now & have had 2 small childrens meals since I started & have to admit they tasted like cardboard!
    I knew McDonalds was bad obviously but had no idea just how bad. That web site is real eye opener. Here is my weekly meal:

Big Mac
    Meduim fries
    Medium coke

Calories 1140
    Cholesterol 75mg (25%)
    Protein 30g
    Calories from Fat 430
    Sodium 1280mg (53%)
    Vitamin A 260IU (6%)
    Total Fat 48g (74%)
    Total Carbs 152g (51%)
    Vitamin C 9mg (15%)
    Saturated Fat 13g (64%)
    Dietary Fiber 8g (33%)
    Calcium 280mg (30%)
    Trans Fat 1.5g
    Sugars 67g
    Iron 5.5mg (30%)
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Before deciding I had to change my ways or be obese by 21, I'd eat like a pig, and I know that now. I NEVER are breakfast, out of laziness...didn't want to get up in the morning with time to eat. I got up, got dressed, and left for work or class. A common day was...

Breakfast...NONE

Lunch...Panda Express 2 entree plate of double orange chicken and fried rice. I'd eat the whole thing plus a medium Pepsi. Just the food alone was an astounding 1370 calories! Then add in the pop...ugh don't even want to think about it. Plus, I'd be hungry again in a couple hours (once the initial "ugh so stuffed" feeling wore off).

Dinner...2 Cheeseburger meal large sized a McDonald's with a pop (changed between Coke or Dr. Pepper). 1160 calories for just the food. I'd order my fries "no salt" because, in my warped mind, that was somehow better. Plus, they were fresh that way.

I'd snack throughout the day as well on whatever I could get out of a vending machine on campus. It's no wonder I gained so much weight when I transferred from living on a campus to commuting to a closer school. Believe it or not, my on campus options at Ball State were WAY better than letting myself commute and buy whatever junk I wanted.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Wonder Bread with tons of butter - 2 slices.

For years, this was my go-to snack. No wonder I was so fluffy-looking, lol. No nutritional value whatsoever - pure garbage. :grumble:
  • JLgettinghealthy
    JLgettinghealthy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    In Jersey we have something called Disco Fries sold at pretty much every Diner. GIANT plate of fries with mozzerella cheese and brown or turkey gravy. I had the nerve to eat this with a vanilla milkshake to wash it down. Have no idea what the calorie/fat count was but lets just say probably more that 3 days of calories for me now. Never, ever again!

so... confession. i LOVE disco fries. and i'm not sure... if i were at a diner at this very moment... if i would have the willpower to NOT order them.