Go grocery shopping before showering??

Options
124»

Replies

• ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I sure do, LOL! Honestly I'm happily married so don't really care ;) I'm not the only distressed mom out there..I see people all the time in work out cloths!!!
  • doribrand
    Options
    When I do, I always run into someone who wants a hug. Go figure! Keep up doing your workouts! It really helps you drop the lbs!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i've never been to a gym but i always thought people showered after they finished.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I don't know about you but when I sweat it's like a flood! I definitely need a shower pronto before going anywhere, and I do take my clean clothes/towel inside the gym to shower afterwards. I like getting things done in a quick matter, asap.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Yup, all the time!
  • SearsHouse89
    Options
    hahahaha Best answer...EVER :)
  • SearsHouse89
    Options
    I am ok with shopping with a sweaty back, pits or chest, but if I get a sweaty *kitten* I would go home first...

hahahaha Best answer....EVER!! :)
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I think that is what Dry shampoo is for. Skipping showers.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Guilty here.

I always go to the grocery store right after Spin class since I live in the boonies and everything is at least 30 minutes from my house, including my fitness class. Also where I go to Spin is a tiny place with no shower or locker rooms.

If I stink, so be it. Plus if I have my cycling junk on it's a good reminder that the BOGO Tastykakes aren't such a good idea.
    :happy:
  • eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Did that Tuesday night after the trainer. HAD to, I was out of fruit; a post-workout necessity.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am a proud sweaty shopper! My gym and my yoga studio are both within a couple blocks of Trader Joe's and Target, so if I need to pick up a few things from the store after my workout I go sweaty (and so do many other people who shop there, so it's not unusual). If I'm making a major grocery haul though, I generally go home and shower and then go to the store.

I don't shower at the gym or the yoga studio, because they're both only about a mile from my apartment so it's a quick drive home and it's easier/more comfortable for me to get clean in my own space. I prefer my shower because the water in my city is extremely hard, and I installed a shower filtration system that softens and filters all the junk out. Plus, I'm just not totally comfortable getting nekkid @ss nekkid in front of a bunch of women (or men for that matter, haha!).
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if I'm the only one who goes to the grocery store or other errands right after leaving the gym (while still sweaty)? I don't like hauling all my stuff to the gym to shower. Takes too much time and thought. Today I went to Publix right after and an employee said "U must have either had a hard w/o or u got caught in the rain". Any other sweaty shoppers out there? :)

HA!!!

we just went bike riding... went 140 miles in 5 days... no showers on the trail... and I didn't come clean... I feel no shame in stopping in the store in town when we went through it... I also went in and ate at a restaurant... :)
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Olympic medal winners do not shower before accepting their medals!