• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I like this one:

Breakfast: 3 ounces non-fat yogurt
    Lunch: skim milk over 4 strawberries
    Dinner: 5 almonds, 6 baby spinach leaves, 1/4 of a banana
    Snack: I indulged and had one more strawberry

I've lost 200 lbs eating this way! See me at 300 lbs lost!

I doubt anyone will be seeing you at all.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    Totally Agree
  • laverne325
    laverne325 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Finding balanced nutrition doesn't mean buying a program you saw advertised on late night television. Take the time to learn how many calories you need to achieve your goals and what foods you enjoy and allow you to be healthy. Diets are only torturous if you let them be. Take control. The sooner you realize this is a lifestyle change, the faster you'll be at peace with yourself and the faster you'll reach your goals.

can i steal this ^. This is exactly what i need to tell people tooooo
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    haha! good story!

I got my first "hatin" comment from a co-worker last week. The lady saw me eating my steamed vegetables and said " How much do you want to loose TO BE HAPPY?" :grumble:

I said "I AM happy already. I'm eating better to control my health"

Then she said "Pretty soon you are going to start looking like vegetables, and fruit, and fish... [laugh laugh laugh] "

I kept quiet in the mouth but thought to myself that she must be jealous.... because she carries a butt and thighs the size of a semi truck :noway:

I know I will get more of those type of comments as I progress.

Some people just hate seeing others do better at anything :indifferent:
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    Fad Diets usually last for a very short time. They leave you wanting something not on the diet and when you blow it you end up demoralized.
    I just tell people that I have a 5 year plan. Eat healthy, keep within my macros, and exercise. What i don't tell people is that its a 5 year renewable plan for the rest of my life.
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I considered a few "magic pills" but after seeing "Take with balanced diet and exercise" on the label, I figured they were a rip-off. If I could do diet and exercise, why would I need your pill?

Then when "weird food" fads came around I just knew I would never stick to it. Or, if I miraculously did, then what? I cannot eat only grapefruit for the rest of my life!
  • OccupyLife
    Options
    I receive a lot of negative comments from my co-workers because my lunch will consist of "healthy crap" as they like to call it. They give my grief for snacking on fruits, veggies or nuts throughout the day. I don't see anything wrong with eating clean, healthy food and not regret my meal afterwards. I have Gi problems so the better I eat, the less upset I feel.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    I tell people I'm on a move more, eat less diet.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I get the same thing all the time.....the look on people's faces when I tell them I eat less, move more and lift heavy amazes me! AND to top it off....some will still try to tell me about what ever crap fad HCG diet they want to try. Come on people.....it ain't rocket science!
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This is so great - thanks for putting so perfectly what some of us are aiming for!

PS - I eat ice cream just about every night, my concession (due to diabeties) is it's low sugar, if I didn't have a health concern I'd eat the full blown stuff - gotta have it, just love it!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. I have never understood the point in "diets".
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Oh but those puddings and shakes and detox pills/drinks whatever are so yummy... I'm trying to work in a little icecream myself today. Been missing it:)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I agree, however, low carb is not a fad diet. It is a lifestyle change...just saying.
    I think as more and more people are prescribed a low carb diet by their doctors and nutritionists it'll lose the fad diet stigma.

I think watching your carbs isn't a fad diet, but Atkins, paleo etc absolutely are. If it has a name, it's a fad.
  • qotsa1
    qotsa1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great story, thanks! :happy:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    so is that you in your profile pic?

Better question is... is that you?

Yes. It is. Thanks.

That is freaking AWESOME!!! Seriously. You're amazing. Well, at least the section of you I can see is amazing. Well done!!!
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Finding balanced nutrition doesn't mean buying a program you saw advertised on late night television. Take the time to learn how many calories you need to achieve your goals and what foods you enjoy and allow you to be healthy. Diets are only torturous if you let them be. Take control. The sooner you realize this is a lifestyle change, the faster you'll be at peace with yourself and the faster you'll reach your goals.

I LOVE THIS! Such a wonderfully straight to the point and well thought out statement. :)
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Saw another student-parent last week at a little function for our kids..

"How's the diet thing going?" (while looking me up and down disapprovingly)\

Me: "well, it's going better than yours I suppose" :happy:

Ugh.. and when people notice that you are eating right, they sure feel okay to criticize your meals. Um, I'm not telling you how your food court burrito is making you huge, please do not tell me to cut out this, or cut out that.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Im on a diet I like to call "long distance running." I pretty much eat whatever I want and I run for upwards of 90 minutes at a time. So far, so good.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Love this!! And love that you eat icecream almost everyday. My Hero :flowerforyou:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    McKaylaFadDiets.jpg?t=1344536570