Brag on your kids

Options

Replies

• kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My 6 year old son eats more fruit than I even looked at when I was his age... He's ahead with his reading/writing, so much so that his dad (with whom he has little contact with) thought I had written messages sent to him when it was infact my son. He's just that good... He calls me Ma :grumble: ... His manners are PERFECT :heart: outside the house :huh:
  • jlplove
    jlplove Posts: 25
    Options
    My 17 year old son the baseball player and golfer, and my 12 year old daughter the soccer player. Both are full of energy and inspiring! :smile:
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    My son is amazing. He's 14 years old and when he was in the 6th grade he was told by a coach that he was too small to play football and that he should just go find something else to do. This broke his heart because all he had ever wanted to do was play football. We moved at the end of the 6th grade and I conviced him to try out again at his new school. He made the team and is now a wide reciever for his high school 9th grade team. I feel like if he is brave enough to try again the least I can do is be brave enough to get out there and run.
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    What a great topic! Love it.

My 15 yr old daughter amazes me. She was born at 2lbs 11 ozs and still is small. She weighs in at 96 lbs now. She holds the most pull ups for a girl in both the high school and middle school in our area. She runs cross country and is my biggest supporter.

My 7 yr old son is borderline genius. (don't know where he got it from ) She reads science encyclopedias for fun. He wants to be a microbiologist. He is serious most of the time, but has a unique sense of humor. He is my best cuddlier.

My 5 yr old son is getting ready to start kindergarten. He is funny and all boy. He is a dare devil. He does everything he can to get his brother going. He tells me I have chubby cheeks, but in a cute way. He takes like Alvin from the chipmunks.

Thanks for letting me share :)
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    We have two sons. They are 4 years and 18 months old repsectively. They are awesome boys.

Both of them love broccoli.
    Both of them love fish.
    Both of them love fruits.
    The oldest likes to exercise with us when we do insanity.
    Whenever I do pull-ups, my oldest asks me to put him up on the pull-up bar when I am done.

They have to be a couple of the funniest kids I have ever met. Both of them are very bright children as well. I am constantly amazed at the things their little minds can comprehend. I adore them both greatly.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old son takes Tae Kwon Do at the same school that I go to, and my 7 year old daughter is in her 4th year of dance, and will possibly go to the advanced class after a few classes.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My step-daughter is 13, and she is working so hard at making better food choices. She exercises daily, and since she made her middle school volleyball team, she's been getting in my car sweaty and red-faced when I pick her up and has so many stories to tell about different challenges they did. I know she's giving it her best effort! She also plays travel softball so has practice 2-3 times a week and a few tournaments a month.

My almost 4-year-old little girl's favorite snack is GREEN PEPPERS. That's right. Green peppers. She also loves the dinners that I make, even though she says she wants pizza whenever I ask her what she wants. :) She would prefer apples over French fries and loves all kinds of fruits, vegetables, and salads! She amazes me. :) She is looking forward to starting a gymnastics class in the Fall.

My 19-month-old little boy is PICKY. He eats when he wants. I know he eats well at school, so I don't stress too much about how he eats when he's with me. However, he does love fruit. AND, I kid you not, that boy has been throwing a ball up in the air and catching it since he was 9 months old. He started hitting a ball out of our hands when he was 10 months old and literally takes about 100-200 swings a day! His first word was "ball", and I worry that he's never going to learn a lot of new words because that's all he ever says. Haha. We're counting on him being in the Majors. :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    My daughter is the nurturer and mother hen....she's the child that goes into a classroom and makes friends with everyone on a quiet level...she's not the flashy popular child, she's the quiet happy, fun loving child that makes sure there's no child left behind...

I admire and adore her for that...if a child is being bullied, ostracized or mistreated...she's their bestie.

She's so strong and mature...she handles her father's inability with amazing strength and fortitude that breaks my heart...

and she's a beautiful, happy, fun loving child with patience that is amazing...

She's creative, a dancer, a yogist, a painter and writer...she's currently in a poetic phase, tripping out poems of such knowledge it amazes me...

ok..i think it's obvious...i LOVE her so much.
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I HAVE 4 AWESOME BOYS!!!!!

Our 17yr old graduated high school in May and will be going to college in a few days!!!! He has ADHD and highly gifted. He makes his own bio-fuel with diesel and vegetable oil to use in his pressure washers and lawn care equipment. He will be going to college in petroleum and alternative fuel chemistry. He wants to save the planet one car at a time. Too bad my Hubby works for BP cause we're in a conflict of interests here. He also scored a 35 on the ACT after pulling an all nighter at the hospital with his cousin battling cancer who died while he was at the ACT testing. He is still heartbroken and gulity for leaving his side.

Our 5yr old thinks he's BATMAN and wears his costume everywhere we go! He'll walk into a Walmart or Target or Lowe's and say, "Ok People this store is safe! I'm Batman and there are no criminals in this store!!!"

Our 3yr old he's a little on the wild side, we think he's autistic and waiting for the results from the testing last week to confirm that. He's very very hyper and musically inclined. He beats on everything with his finger tips or hands. He sings instead of talks and hums constantly the Polar Express soundtrack. And we have just discovered yesterday he can catch a fish with his bare hands.

Our 1yr old is such a goof ball all he does is laugh and tries to keep up with his brothers. He likes to hug, kiss and cuddle!

LOVE EVERYONE'S VIEWS ON THEIR CHILDREN!!! Keep up all that great work you guys are doing with them! :)
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wish I could post pictures from iPhone! I have 3 kids, 1 girl 14 and 2 boys 8 &2. My two oldest have both been on honor roll since kindergarten. They are so smart, my 8 year old is at a 9th grade reading level. My daughter is into every sport there is and try's out for them all. My 2 year old is full of energy and is into everything. He's so curious about everything. He loves to do puzzles. Because of him I can also recite Diary of a Wimpy Kid lol. Seem both movies like 100 times! I'm very proud of all 3 of my babies!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have 5 to brag on.
    My 24 year old is learning some important life lessons, finally. (some take longer to grow up than others)

My 22 year old married last December, and while he's a whiz, his wife totally blows him away in the brains department. He's studying to be a game designer (he's making some on his own already) and she is still deciding, although she already has 3 Bachelors and a Masters Degree. :-)

My 20 year old, who turned 20 today, is my most affectionate, thoughtful, and inspiring child of the bunch. He starts his second year of study for a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering in about 2 weeks, and is working a part time summer job this summer. He had to go out and try hard for a full month before he landed a job, and he never complains about the hard work he has to do, either.

My 17 year old has 1 year of high school left. He has his future planned out and is signed up for early entry into the Navy to be a Navy nuclear operator. He went from us worrying about his dedication to his grades back in 9th and 10th grade to really improving his grades and getting his act together.

My 14 year old only daughter is becoming quite the artist. She also loves to eat healthy food!
  • bethm1210
    bethm1210 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My kids are technically adults, and my husband thinks I shouldn't refer to them as "kids", but they'll always be my kids, no matter how old they are. :smile:

My 24-year-old son is a musical whiz. He's a great drummer and loves composing music. My 21-year-old daughter applied for a college scholarship that I personally thought she'd never stand a chance of being awarded. She proved me wrong, and has had her tuition paid in full since her sophomore year, and she'll graduate this coming December after just 3.5 years in college.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I have three daughters. The oldest is in the running for Playmate of the Year, the middle girl just went viral on a Bully Beatdown follow-up and the youngest just became a featured dancer at the Gentleman's Club that me and my buddies frequent.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I have three daughters. The oldest is in the running for Playmate of the Year, the middle girl just went viral on a Bully Beatdown follow-up and the youngest just became a featured dancer at the Gentleman's Club that me and my buddies frequent.

You must be a proud papa!!! Congrats!!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old son also does 30DS with me. He can actually bust a push up far better than me. He does Zumba, too and at the end of every song he'll give me a big round of applause. He's become ridiculously affectionate and constantly wants "Mama kissies".

He has problems with articulation (his tongue is too wide for his mouth) that cause him to not be able to pronounce about half the letter sounds in the alphabet. He works hard every day to learn new words, and has even made up his own sign language that has his docter astounded. Luckily, he'll grow out of it by the time he's five and it has in now way impacted his learning.

I know everyone says their kid is smart, but AJ is kinda ridiculous. By age 2, he figured out how to pick the lock on the bathroom door, and childproofing was a joke by 9 months.

Oh, he can also bust a move better than any kid I've seen. He can find the beat in ANY song, even classical, and he'll make up an impromptu dance routine.

Oh, and he's just awesome in general.

Can you guys tell I love my kid or what?
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    2 daughters - seriously proud of. I always hated when my parents would brag, so I don't do it much...

but here is my 6 year old, she's in athletic cheerleading and already a contortionist.
    DSC00176-1.jpgDSC00571.jpg

My 4 year old is already writing and reading some words, she's also in athletic cheer, but a crazy great dancer - the girl has rhythm and all the moves of a pole dancer :noway: and she's also an aspiring mermaid :)
    DSCF0510.jpg
  • kingsqueen306
    kingsqueen306 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, where to begin! God has blessed me and my husband with two great kids!

My daughter, who turns 5 today and my son (2 1/2)both love their vegetables and will eat nearly anything!! We have heard and learned first-hand, if they see you eating it, they'll want it to.

They are getting very daring in the swimming pool.
    They love to play outside and ride bikes, swing, tee ball - anything.
  • rok2run
    rok2run Posts: 17
    Options
    Mine goes to zumba with me! She LOVES it!
  • kapzilla
    kapzilla Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    We have two sons. They are 4 years and 18 months old repsectively. They are awesome boys.

Both of them love broccoli.
    Both of them love fish.
    Both of them love fruits.
    The oldest likes to exercise with us when we do insanity.
    Whenever I do pull-ups, my oldest asks me to put him up on the pull-up bar when I am done.

They have to be a couple of the funniest kids I have ever met. Both of them are very bright children as well. I am constantly amazed at the things their little minds can comprehend. I adore them both greatly.

Reading your husband say that (^^^) about your children is pretty much the biggest turn on ever. I <3 you, Bradley. :)

Anyway, he pretty much summed up how awesome our boys are.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    My 14 year old, Owen, along with his team, won the 14u Maryland State Babe Ruth baseball championship a few weeks ago. They went on to play in the regional tournament last week and although they lost, Owen was named MVP of the 10-team tournament!!!

On Saturday, he begins football practice...not bad that as a sophomore he is the starting varsity quarterback. It probably helps that he's 6' and weighs 140 pounds.

:heart:

My 9 year old, Nolan, was the youngest kid in his Little League to make the 9-10 year old All Star baseball team this summer...and he started every game at short stop. He also came in to pitch late in a game and got the save for his team.

He is also a quarterback for his junior football team and has his first scrimmage in two weeks!

I LOVE having athletic children!