What is your secret diet food ?

Options

Replies

• kazdav
    kazdav Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can dice it and when its cooked have it as a replacement for potato or its nice mashed up with carrot.

I love swede, i particularly love creamed swede, not that I am eating that at the moment but I did make some shepherds pies and topped them with mashed swede.
  • Comerdinger
    Comerdinger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We have recently discovered kale chips which we LOVE. My husband has also taken to dipping celery into wing sauce with a little bit of blue cheese. It helps satisfy his wing craving.
    [/quote]

I love Bonless skinless chix breast diced, add Franks wing sauce, chopped celery and a tiny bit of blue cheese crumbles. YUM
  • timbiden
    timbiden Posts: 21
    Options
    I SO have to try the shiritaki noodles, Beanitos and PB2. There are other things on my list to try but these 3 things are absolutely at the top. Peanut butter is a guilty pleasure. I LOVE it and would be thrilled to have a low-cal replacement. =)

Thanks to everyone who has posted here!
  • Bijou86
    Bijou86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Jack Link's original beef jerky! 120 calories for 1.5 oz, while it does have a lot of salt, it sure beats my staple 5-layer burrito at taco bell (550+ calories). Keeps me fuller longer than veggies/fruit/fiber one original cereal on those super hungry days.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Can't believe no one here likes swede. I think its called rutabega in the US but not sure.

Oh, I was wondering if it's the same vegetable, lol. I love rutabega! My family makes them every year for Thanksgiving. :D
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Fresh report on my attempt at cooking with turnips since spotting this thread: I made vegetable soup yesterday (potatos, carrots, turnips) and with some milk, some butter, and a few seasonings I now have enough delicious food for a week for just over 100 calories a serving... So I am now a fan of turnip, haha. I wrote down the recipe if anyone is interested. =) New favorite soup for winter!

i'm interested!

I'll PM you the recipe! =)
  • eabaker
    eabaker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh snap! I don't know what I was thinking!

My favorite diet food.... baked sweet potato, fresh out of the oven (I put them in without poking or wrapping in foil @ 375 for 45-50 minutes). 2nd... Nostimo Greek Non-fat Peach Yogurt (yum!)

Nutritional value of the sweet potato (including fat burning properties) can be found at:

http://www.fatburningfurnace.com/blog/sweet-potato-nutrition-facts-health-benefits-of-the-sweet-potato
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Those look disgusting. :(
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Green tea, Greek yogurt, oatmeal!
  • Dezmodus
    Dezmodus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ice cream cones.

seriously.

if i have a bowl of ice cream, i'm likely to fill the bowl up, but trying to stuff more than one (actual 1/2 cup) serving into an ice cream cone doesn't really work, and the cones are about 20 calories each, so I have about 100-140 calories of ice cream and 20 of cone, and i don't have to swap things out or eat crazy health foods.

My new slogan is "eat ice cream! lose weight!"
  • hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Depending where you are from mine has a variety of names, usually called rice cereal or rice pudding. It is brown rice in heated milk with a tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon.
  • moopity
    moopity Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Julian's Bakery low-carb breads

http://www.julianbakery.com/

I love the gluten free version (smart carb #3) -- only 73 calories per slice. It's heavy and dense. Love it!

Before I went gluten free, I used to love the smart carb #1, but now that's off limits. :/
  • Jonahyona
    Jonahyona Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Mini Babybel Light Cheese.....only 50 calories!!!:)
  • Apriiilxx
    Apriiilxx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Skinny pop popcorn!!! Currently at least. Just got rid of a bag the other day
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Tisano chocolate teas! They are just the thing to have when a chocolate craving strikes. I have some with a packet of stevia. So good!
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Can't believe no one here likes swede. I think its called rutabega in the US but not sure.

I :heart: swede . .mashed with just a sprinkle of black pepper :happy:
  • virgocoley
    virgocoley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me what spaghetti squash is - i want to try it cos I love pasta but have no idea what it is.

thank you
  • smiler_87
    Options
    Pickled onions haha love the crunch and flavour, stops me eating crisps and only 23 cals per 50g!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Coconut Milk is great, and very low calorie. Makes your shakes much more satisfying than water, but at only about half the calories of milk.

LOOOOOVE unsweetened coconut milk. also use canned pumpkin pretty much every day!! and Zucchini and/or yellow squash! YUMMM-O!
  • PinkyFran
    Options
    Mine is Swede, only 26 calories per 100g and I love it

A great replacement for mash potato , a very cleansing face pack and in an emergency a draft excluder.

Billy

890swede.jpg

love swede!!! keep forgetting about it so ty!!!! buying some today :)