How often does everyone weigh in?

Options

Replies

• Front_Runner
    Front_Runner Posts: 175
    Options
    I weight every morning. Not for everybody for sure.

I'm the same way. But I'm not neurotic about daily fluxuations - rather I find it taught me a lot about my body. I found I can easily gain 1-2lbs. if I have a high sodium day. I can go up 2-4lbs. just before and at the beginning of my period. It's a constant pattern, that I am happy to have learned about in my body. My periods are inconsistent - so this helps me i.d. when it's on its way! I know that as long as I'm staying close to my daily calories... I cannot gain 1 lb of body fat overnight - so if I put on a pound, I honestly don't flip out - rather I take a good look at my diary/cycle/etc. Daily weights has definately helped me learn to better control my sodium intake.
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Wednesdays.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Saturday mornings 1st thing in the morning.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Every monday in the morning ! :P
  • wojewok
    wojewok Posts: 38
    Options
    Every 5 weeks, on Saturday mornings before I eat or drink anything :)

Now that I'm losing I'm tempted to weigh in more but I feel like it will make me obsess over every little pound instead of living life and focusing on being healthier, which is the whole point. Plus it's less about the number on the scale, more about inches, how your clothes fit & the way you look/feel.

I'm going to try this once I pass the 50% marks - I can feel myself getting more and more obsessed by what the scales say, have gone from every 2 weeks to twice a week and it's too domarlising if i don't see a loss
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself about 5 times a day but it was wrecking my head,
    now i weight myself about twice a week but im going to try get down to once a week full stop,
    whenever i do weight in though its always first thing in the morning,
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing in every morning this week to see how my body reacts to my TOM and then I know what to expect in the cure. My heart sank when I weighed in the week nd had gained 2lbs, but90% of that was go e the next day.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    In the morning and at night, unless I forget...But I only record on Fridays. :-)
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I weight every morning. Not for everybody for sure.

I'm the same way. But I'm not neurotic about daily fluxuations - rather I find it taught me a lot about my body. I found I can easily gain 1-2lbs. if I have a high sodium day. I can go up 2-4lbs. just before and at the beginning of my period. It's a constant pattern, that I am happy to have learned about in my body. My periods are inconsistent - so this helps me i.d. when it's on its way! I know that as long as I'm staying close to my daily calories... I cannot gain 1 lb of body fat overnight - so if I put on a pound, I honestly don't flip out - rather I take a good look at my diary/cycle/etc. Daily weights has definately helped me learn to better control my sodium intake.

I am the same way
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have a chart in the bathroom and take down my weight every morning. Somtimes up, most often times down. I like seeing the graph over time. It keeps me motiviated.
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    To often... I weigh myself every morning before my shower, but I only record it once a week.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    1-2 times per week. Friday is my officially weigh-in day but it seems I see a little loss on Friday and a bigger loss on Saturday. I should just make Saturday my weigh-in day :smile:
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Twice a day (first thing in the AM and after working out, sometimes before too). But I'm not neurotic about it at all. I track the lowest number for the day in a spreadsheet and use it to extract my maintenence level intake, long term trends and whatnot.

As others have said I find it fascinating. Especially as I've been in various BF% ranges as it has acted differently.

I am a nerd. I love data; love manipulating data, love graphing data, love finding useful patterns in data. A big spreadsheet full of numbers is a video game to me. Weighing in daily is just part of that puzzle.
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    I don't any more.. I used to get obsessed and now i just go with how I feel, how I look, how clothes fit etc
  • tsaarloos
    tsaarloos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale every morning, but only record it here once a week. It seems as though my scale knows my weigh-in day and, being a particularly ill-tempered scale, always spikes upward on that day. I still record that number, but I know in my head that I'm trending more downward.

LOL! Me too, I think I must've bought the same scale as you.
  • amandarae21
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week. And I do it at the same time each time. First thing in the morning before I jump in the shower.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Only weigh in & record it once a week on Friday mornings
  • bethxhx
    bethxhx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself every day but i'm going to start weighing once a week!
  • Mommsue3
    Options
  • Apriiilxx
    Apriiilxx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but only record on Tuesday's usually!