Anyone on this site in their 40's or 50's.

Options

Replies

• slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Feel free to add me.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    just turned 49 and still in denial :) add me if you like.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    42... I've been at this for a year and half.... slow but steady :)

My kids are young so it's important to me to be healthy so I can live long enough and well enough that I can be helpful to them when they have kids of their own. If my youngest waits as long as I did to have children, I will be 80 when she is having babies. Due to not taking care of herself my own mother is not strong or well enough to help me with my babies (they are 2 and 5 now but the health issues have been around since before they were born) and she is in her 60's.

I"m always looking for more friends in this age group... things are different for us "middle aged" folk :)
  • JackShow70
    Options
    42 here checking in. Been here a month and really enjoy the community.
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    43 here in Michigan. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • 007Rosie
    Options
    Hi there, I'm over 50 and just started! I need the encouragement and support, and I will provide the same.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    42.5 right now!! Loving it!
  • mickiylou21
    mickiylou21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 41. Feel free to add me as well! That goes for anyone here!!! :smile:
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    48 here and doing well so far. I'm a disabled vet and have some challenges physically but am getting more active all the time. I recently had to up my calorie intake some because I was losing too quickly! I love MFP and think when it comes to weight loss, knowledge truly is power.

Feel free to add me if you're open to honest, open feedback and not just a fan club. I'll be the first to cheer you on if you're doing well, but I don't pull any punches if you slack off!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    49 feel free to addd:smile:
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~ 55 and counting! I will accept any FR as long as you are commited and supportive, like me.
  • lifechangecyndi
    Options
    Hello: Fifty +... You can add me....:flowerforyou:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, anyone feel free to add me! :smile:
  • cc7315
    cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    48 and feeling great! anyone is welcome to add me!
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. There are a lot of us out here! :bigsmile: I"m 54, have a few health problems and 30 more pounds to lose.
  • scottg1024
    scottg1024 Posts: 224
    Options
    Turning the big 50 in two months!!
  • cnufos
    cnufos Posts: 1
    Options
    HOLY MOLY!!! I am 44 and have been into every major sport from bowling and golf to football and hockey and I have been doing a workout that is KICKING MY BUTT with superb results. It's the INSANITY workout. I have been in body building for over 20 years and this is much more difficult than I ever expected. It's not the same as lifting weights. Not even close. The thing about this Insanity workout is that you have to WANT to workout every day or at least what the workout demands you to do and that is Mon thru Sat with Sunday to rest.

I have lost 12 lbs in 5 weeks and I am not eating perfectly either which is good because I would be starving. This app "myfitnesspal" is helping me because I had no idea I was eating over 5,000 calories a day like it was nothing! After working out for over 25 years I said that I was going to take 1 full week off and rest and heal myself and then hit it hard. Well, one week turned into 2 and two weeks turned into a month and two years later I gained over 28 lbs and kept feeling less confident and my clothes didn't fit and I had to buy all new clothes. It was terrible.

I kept seeing the infomercial for INSANITY and I thought to myself that if I can lose half of what these people on TV were losing then I would be satisfied. I am not satisfied because I want MORE MORE MORE! ANd this INSANITY routine is kicking me into shape faster then I could have imagined. I have just under 4 weeks left and I need to lose another 13 lbs and then I am going to keep going after that and do another month of INSANITY and lost enough weight to fit into my clothes. I kept them all knowing I would eventually fit into them again. Thy are expensive clothing so there was no way in hell I was going to give away my favorite jeans and shirts at over $100 each on average. So I made the decision to lose the weight and it's working better then I thought it would. If I ate exactly what I am supposed to then I would have lost another 7-10 lbs no problem giving me a 20 lbs loss in 5 weeks instead of 12 but I am not complaining because if I didn't cheat on my diet I wouldn't have continued and it would feel like I was not having fun.

I am looking for others who are doing the INSANITY workout like me but I am also looking for people who can motivate me and me motivate them. We are all doing the same thing and that is whatever it takes to lose weight. Right? Sorry I wrote so much but I had to explain why I am in so much pain, why I am doing this and this way you can relate which I think you all can to a degree.

Thank You for reading
  • Robin6464
    Robin6464 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Rosie, I'm here. I'm 51 and just started this site this week. Over the past 6 years my weight has steadly climbed and is out of control now. No matter what I've tried I end of giving up and figure, "what's the use". But I'm now starting to realize that I need to get the weight off before I get any older and have any more health issues. When I read about this in a Woman's World magazine, I thought maybe this would help. So here I am.
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Physically I'm 51 but feel a lot younger.
  • cmalhotra11
    Options
    Me too! I'm 50 but certainly not in my head!