I wear makeup to the gym

Options

Replies

• AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Personally, my dermatologist stressed that I remove my makeup before working out, because so many people don't and their pores are filthy. I sweat when I workout, and seeing that mixture of sweat and makeup on those stark white gym towels is GROSS. So I take it all off, and workout fresh faced in my cute workout outfits. :happy:
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with wearing make up to the gym. Especially if your going afterwork. If your working out hard enough then there shouldnt be any left by the time you leave! I dont wear make-up but love my mascara so I usually have racoon eyes.My only problem is that the women who have a FULL face are usually walking on the treadmill of wandering around the machine aimlessly - clueless.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I see some people get the point! It's not about what you do or do not wear to the gym....I just stated what I do when I go. I've gone scummy and I've gone pretty.

The point ladies and gentlemen, is can we ALL just stop judging each other based on appearances alone in the gym. I'm talking to you Judgey McJudgerson!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I grew up on Clueless, so I CAN NOT leave the house anything less than coordinating lol You wont catch me in the gym with big sweat pants and oversize t-shirt! :-P Now make up on the other hand...mascara and liner are one thing, but working out with a full face on is a little strange....just sayin...
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    the more I read, the more stoked I am about NOT being bit by the vanity bug...
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options

Just differing opinions. You are judging people based on what makes them comfortable. I'm not judging you for not wearing makeup, I'm just stating my point. I feel like you're being vain about not being vain, just sayin'
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    i wear make up, nails painted, bright tops. doesn't bother me if people moan :)
  • Absidey
    Absidey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I could care less about the makeup or clothes others wear, but I get annoyed by too much scent, be it the guys or girls. When I'm huffing and puffing, cologne/perfume gives me instant snot issues and sinus headache.
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    I like to look cute at the gym but after about 10 minutes my makeup would be sweated off so I don't wear any. I see nothing wrong with the women that do, the only time I am rolling my eyes is when I see the women all dolled up just hanging out around the weight section and not working out. I think they are pretty enough to get attention anywhere so not sure why they pay per month to flirt but whatever floats their boat. When I started working out I didn't care at all and would just throw on anything now I wear cute clothes, hair partly done, and boobs looking nice and perky. Makes me feel better and makes me want to work harder.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm the only person in my gym when I'm there, love it!! I don't wear makeup unless it is a wedding or something fancy I'm attending so certainly not at the gym. I've never thought anything of girls primped up for the gym when I went to a bigger gym years ago, but when I was in late teens/early 20's I did think it was a bit silly. Old age has made me not give a crap about what others do.
    Clothes should be clean and practical, who cares if they are cute or just yoga pants and tshirt (that would be me!). As long as someone isn't sitting on equipment texting for minutes and minutes while people wait for it I don't care.

Who wouldn't wear deodorant? Ew.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Oh Kara, what have you started? :laugh:

So, if you wear make-up people moan.

If you don't wear make-up people moan.

If you wear nice clothes people moan.

If you don't wear nice clothes people moan.....

I think there is some kind of pattern here, I just can't quite see it....... :bigsmile:

So what I got is lots of people are having good sex?
  • hippietofugirl
    Options

Are you suggesting that the people who like to wear nice workout clothes or makeup to the gym are vain? If so you are doing the same thing to them that you don't want people to do to you. I get the impression that most of these girls that like to go to the gym looking cute are doing it for themselves and aren't trying to impress anyone else, nor are they judging the girls who don't! You are showing vanity by judging those you think are vain!
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    People who've got a clue, who are considerate of others feelings, shapes, sizes, color of skin, don't give a F*** what you do while you're at the gym! I look pretty decent, or what you people are calling decent when I work out, but if I go to the gym one day looking nice and clean and matching clothes and then the very next day I decide I want to wear my favorite pair of Addidas sweats that I've had since 1984 and my hair in a bun and no makeup, an old plain t shirt evidently looking like crap, I'm going to do it , and if you've got a problem with that how about a 25 pound dumbbell over the top of your skull? Yes that does sound crazy and ridiculous, but so does this thread.
    I may come off as an a-hole to most or all of you, but some of the replies here sound worse than I do by being so fricking judgmental. Go to the gym and worry about your own body, your own clothes, your own makeup and faces. Pay attention to you. Not the girl who walks out in the parking lot to fix her eyeliner, who cares? Get your heart rate up for the right reason lol. And if someone looks like s*** give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe that person has cancer and it too tired to get dressed and made up, which would be my moms case.
    There are no rules in your gym membership that read, "Must look good at all times, must not wear sweats or t-shirts if you're female" or "Must not wear sweats or I am going to look like a welfare recipient and get judge for it". "Must wash off makeup first before weight training". Stop judging a book by the cover for Christ sake.

Edited for sloppy typos and misspelling.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    wow...so I'm a slob because I can't afford expensive "cute" workout clothes? I don't go to the gym because of people like you...

This should never be a reason or excuse to not go to the gym. If you decide not to go, you should not go because YOU don't want to. Not because of other people.

I still don't see where anyone said it had to be expensive. One of my cute workout tanks only cost me $5 on sale.
    And I wish more people would think the way you do, it would free up some machines for me :bigsmile:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    everyone stares at me when I wear makeup to the gym. haters.

they are a bunch of haters hoss. if you want to wear your makeup, you go right ahead. :wink:
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am a male, but I like to wear makeup to the gym because it makes me feel pretty. Oh so pretty.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I am a male, but I like to wear makeup to the gym because it makes me feel pretty. Oh so pretty.

do what you do!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options

I'll allow it because it makes you feel pretty
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym without some makeup on and my hair done at least presentable...but I do that everywhere...and I'm all for that guy who wants to wear makeup too...do what makes you happy dude...lol
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Even if I DON'T go to the gym after work, I still have at least mascara on & a little foundation. I don't really like to go anywhere in the world without those two things on. Sure, I might sweat it off...but I won't feel as self conscious about it. Isn't it enough that I'm FAT, I don't want to feel ugly too. lol