50 shades of grey!

Options

Replies

• missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    And then there are those of us who readily acknowledge that the books are so poorly written that they are laughable but still enjoy reading them because of the way they make you feel. Sometimes it is OK to be a dumb, giggly, horny, bobblehead in your imagination for a few hours out of your life.

Read on sisters!! Any book is better than no books at all. :wink:
  • christinastokes3
    christinastokes3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump for the books too!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Oh, "Fifty Shades of Crap", how you have insinuated yourself into popular culture and ruined the definition of the word "literature" with your impressively bad writing, appalling lack of plot, trite and overused characterizations of an older man and younger woman, and shameless use of mediocre sex scenes trying hard to be more shocking...

Not knocking people who read 'em just for fun, because hey, who doesn't like some crap reading now and then just for kicks and giggles? But this one book set feminism back 100 years, and the immense popularity speaks to a serious issue in society's blindness about the perception of male and female roles.
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Apparently this was originally a fantasy for Twilight and they changed the names?
  • marisanleon
    Options
    What's that book even about? I've heard so many people are obsessed with it, but I have no idea what it's about haha.
  • WendyEmery79
    WendyEmery79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I read all of them..The last book I will say was a lil slow but all together it was great! I wish it didnt end because no books will ever compare I feel . It is depressing!

I read safe haven by nicholas sparks.. Kinda like sleeping with the enemy.
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yeah if a man tried to pull half that crap on me, I'd have punched him in the junk in Book 1 on like chapter 5. He was an emotional terrorist and a major control freak. Neither of these are my ideal of a man. Rich and attractive don't overpower crazy in my world. And Anna sucks as a character. I didn't know she was based off Bella from Twilight, but that makes sense. There must be something fantastic that I just didn't get from the books.
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    scaled.php?server=9&filename=tumblrm8de1dofke1r3s5n0.jpg&res=landing
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Anyone read this? I just finished and thought it was awesome! Im kinda depressed because now i have nothing to read or look forward to read, lol. Anyone know of any books similar to twilight, 50 shades if grey or anything like mitch alboms books?

Do you have a nook? I can lend you several options.
  • KristinD1977
    Options
    I've been told to look for a sleeping beauty trilogy written by Ann Rice, supposedly puts 50 shades to shame
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh, "Fifty Shades of Crap", how you have insinuated yourself into popular culture and ruined the definition of the word "literature" with your impressively bad writing, appalling lack of plot, trite and overused characterizations of an older man and younger woman, and shameless use of mediocre sex scenes trying hard to be more shocking...

Not knocking people who read 'em just for fun, because hey, who doesn't like some crap reading now and then just for kicks and giggles? But this one book set feminism back 100 years, and the immense popularity speaks to a serious issue in society's blindness about the perception of male and female roles.

Yeah I read all 3 and I thought the same thing. If my boyfriend did any of the emotional crap that happened in these books, I'd kick his a** so fast he wouldn't have even known what happened.
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm reading Bared to You by Sylvia Day. Almost a better story and VERY hot!!! Christian Grey or Gideon Cross...? I can't decide!!!!! LOL

i thought 50 shades was WAY BETTER than Bared to you!!!!
    Christian all the WAY :love:
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump because I am about to start the second book and want to know of more to read later on :):)
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If you like intrigue with a bit of smut, try the Fever series by Karen Moning.

Or a touch of intrigue with your smut? LOL. I LOVED the 50 Shades books. I read all three of them in less than a week. Ho hum, dang my life is boring!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options

Yeah I read all 3 and I thought the same thing. If my boyfriend did any of the emotional crap that happened in these books, I'd kick his a** so fast he wouldn't have even known what happened.

Most defo this ^^
  • Cherryblosm3
    Cherryblosm3 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    scaled.php?server=9&filename=tumblrm8de1dofke1r3s5n0.jpg&res=landing

HAHAHHA awesome
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    8108_3071649290085_1560984559_n1.jpg

:laugh: :wink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this just to come back to the alternative reads!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    8108_3071649290085_1560984559_n1.jpg

Bahahaha
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants a true/funny/harsh review of 50 Shades should read this one: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215

I've read all three and I must say that it's all utter crap. If you like it, whatever...but it's total garbage. :flowerforyou:

This is how I think I'm going to feel about them. I have finished the first two and feel the plot has the possibility of being good, the writing is TERRIBLE. VERY BAD! I get physically ill every time I read the words "my inner goddess", which happens to be in every other sentence...blech. :sick:

If I had not promised my cousin I would read them, I probably wouldn't even read the third one. Good thing they are very easy reads and can be finished quickly!

Even just typing the words 'inner goddess' makes me flair with rage. haha.

tumblr_m8abgf2Aru1rpmkme.gif

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: