50 shades of grey!

Options

Replies

• Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi

Just for some inspiration for your next read you could join this group on MFP:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/477-when-i-m-not-on-mfp-i-m-reading

:)
  • Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I loved the series, couldn't put it down. I do know it wasn't the best writing but I still enjoyed it.
    Not sure why people have to be so rude and put others down who like the book.. Pretty childish.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I read all of them..The last book I will say was a lil slow but all together it was great! I wish it didnt end because no books will ever compare I feel . It is depressing!

I read safe haven by nicholas sparks.. Kinda like sleeping with the enemy.
    It's people like this who make me fear for the world.

50 Shades and Nicholas Sparks as the best books in the world? I sincerely hope that you just read so very little that you have never read anything else.
  • jenmfpal
    jenmfpal Posts: 124
    Options
    And then there are those of us who readily acknowledge that the books are so poorly written that they are laughable but still enjoy reading them because of the way they make you feel. Sometimes it is OK to be a dumb, giggly, horny, bobblehead in your imagination for a few hours out of your life.

Read on sisters!! Any book is better than no books at all. :wink:

This! +++ Yes! I like to "read" Real BOOKS that are well written, but I liked this book and that's OK too!

And I think, the fact that the series, just like True Blood, The Hunger Games and Twilight, got people who haven't read in years back into reading is awesome. Also think its fun, that the book, got us girls talking, and giggle with our girls about bedroom stuff... like we were in high school (was especially nice to get my girl friend who has been in the hospital for six months feeling better and get her mind off not being home with her children.) And maybe if it got us spicing things up in the bedroom, maybe not dominance stuff, but having a little more creativity... then the books are great!
  • poshcouture
    Options
    If you like intrigue with a bit of smut, try the Fever series by Karen Moning.

This or her Highlander series.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    8108_3071649290085_1560984559_n1.jpg

Oh I love this!!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    /bump
  • Garethkk
    Garethkk Posts: 21
    Options
    This is a terrible book! It's very poorly written (originally a Twilight fan fiction if I understand correctly). The characters are paper thin and aren't believable at all; Christian Grey is a 26 year old chief executive who just happens to be a billionaire, with his own helicopter and jet. In his spare time he is trying to bring about world peace and end famine. However, you will soon discover that he is nothing more than a psychotic rapist who carries a never ending supply of "foil packets" and only converses with people by "murmuring" to them. In fact I'm not sure how he manages to hold conferences as a CEO since the people at the back would never be able to hear him. The problems with the female character are too probably too rude to mention on here but they soon become apparent :)

Only read if you fancy a laugh, but don't if you get annoyed easily!
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    LOVED it read the 3 book series in 4 days! lmao
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Bared to You by Sylvia Day. Almost a better story and VERY hot!!! Christian Grey or Gideon Cross...? I can't decide!!!!! LOL

Gideon Cross,,hands down! lol. Seriously, Bared to you is much better written, in my opinion. I liked the 50 shades series but didn't love it.
  • Fergie21
    Fergie21 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading 50 shades will be getting 50 shades darker soon.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The-hunger-games-logo.jpg
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Love this!
  • Sheymarie417
    Sheymarie417 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There is this series called bared to you. its supposed to be similar to 50 shades.
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with the Claiming of Sleeping Beauty (book 1 of the trilogy). Not sure how I feel about it. But I keep reading. Nothing like 50 tho. LOL But like I said, I can't stop reading it. Need to see what happens even if it is very strange.
  • dwn2erth
    dwn2erth Posts: 144 Member
    Options

This is reality!!! Too GREAT!!! I love it. I read the first book and loved it. The second one I bought as an audible and can't get into it... somehow having a woman narrator 'talking' like Christian Grey; just doesn't do it for me.
  • healthymission92
    Options
    I found it so repetitive and predictable so I never finished it. Everyone else I know seemed to love it!
  • Normsgirl225
    Options
    Maya Banks has four book right now that will curl your toes! :) Enjoy!!
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    This is a terrible book! It's very poorly written (originally a Twilight fan fiction if I understand correctly). The characters are paper thin and aren't believable at all; Christian Grey is a 26 year old chief executive who just happens to be a billionaire, with his own helicopter and jet. In his spare time he is trying to bring about world peace and end famine. However, you will soon discover that he is nothing more than a psychotic rapist who carries a never ending supply of "foil packets" and only converses with people by "murmuring" to them. In fact I'm not sure how he manages to hold conferences as a CEO since the people at the back would never be able to hear him. The problems with the female character are too probably too rude to mention on here but they soon become apparent :)

Only read if you fancy a laugh, but don't if you get annoyed easily!

This was my opinion exactly.

Plus the fact that the female character is sooo naive, that he has to explain that 'she expands too' when she gawks at the size of his ****. And she has a serious adversion to the word *kitten*. Seriously, she refered to it as 'her bottom' :huh:

Basically the author has tried to romanticize a physically and emotionally abusive relationship, and sadly it looks like many people have fallen into her trap.