Anyone on this site in their 40's or 50's.

Options

Replies

• TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    48...wow, it hurts worse to write it than say it!

I totally agree! We try and forget it don't we, lol.

Every day! I try and convince myself I'm a lot younger. :smile:
  • HazelCaz
    HazelCaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and have just joined this site. Looking forward to meeting people here. My goal is to lose 40 pounds the good old fashioned way, through diet and exercise.
  • wtlos4me
    wtlos4me Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am 48 and just joined this site a small bit ago, and it has been a terrific experience so far! Feel free to add me for encouragement! I know our challenges are quite different as we get older - the weight is harder to lose and we have more aches and pains then the 20 somethings. :flowerforyou:
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Woot! Feel free to add me. :glasses: ( glasses needed for sunspots and for reading, LOL!)
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am 52, 53 tomorrow. I have been on here since January and have lost around 30 pounds and feel great!!! Add me if you like.
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    Just 47 yo and feel free to add me
  • djmed
    djmed Posts: 5
    Options
    Turning 50 in 6 months. I made it into my 30s and 40s without too much thought but Ive been dreading 50 for at least 3 years...until about two months ago. I suddenly realized that I can be 50 and Fabulous and Fit. People will look at you for lots of reasons...too fat...too thin...too old...so I decided that people will look at me and say "Wow, I cant believe youre 50!"

My struggle with weight started in my early 30s with short periods of weightloss success in between. Ive lost 20 lbs...been working with a personal trainer for a year now. Its coming off very, very slowly because...well...I LOVE food.

By the way, I live in Toronto, Canada :smile:
  • rediup
    rediup Posts: 16
    Options
    how about someone just turning 60
  • Sherry97
    Sherry97 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just joined a few minutes ago....will be 45 on the 29th of this month. I'm too young to feel this dang old :frown:

Sherry97
  • rediup
    rediup Posts: 16
    Options
    you can add me I live in Forest Grove .Oregon usa
  • charliepingpong
    Options
    52 :)
  • Barbjaz
    Barbjaz Posts: 4
    Options
    Will an older lady do?? In my 70's and losing weight since my last baby, but it creeps back. Still trying and could use a co-loser for friend and weight confidant.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    46 here. Welcome to MFP and good luck
  • Tencie0615
    Tencie0615 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    43:smile: ...add me if you'd like :flowerforyou:
  • jonesdav254
    jonesdav254 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    just turned 52 last month. Fitness in my 6th decade (yeah after 50, I'm in my 6th decade) if tough....but with help from family and extended friends on MFP....I'm making progress. I'm open to mature and young friends alike!
  • PamsHealthQuest
    Options
    Yes, 49 :) I just joined mfp. I really like it ! It makes me feel very accountable. I had to make up quite a bit today in exercise to make up for a lunch I used to eat regularly with no idea of the calorie count or fat content !
  • samnella
    Options
    56 here. I just joined. I was doing very well and was gone for a while. now am forcing myself to get going again. gained what I lost now really have to work. I want to lose at least 130 but am shooting for 170. If I get 130 down then I will be donating a kidney to a good friend. I need lots of support and encouragement. I fear failure and have a hard time comprhending being small.
  • ceboykin
    ceboykin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    my name is cece
    i,ve just joined and have been tracking
    what i eat and i also would like someone
    to share with no one close that i can get
    support from thanks:smile::smile:
  • thunderpaste
    Options
    Just turned 40
  • Holycook1
    Options
    Oh definitely add me then. I find that hilarious and yet I work for "THE" Big Guy in the sky. If you're gonna work for Him, you have to have an extremely warped sense of humor and never can be PC.