Most Disgusting Thing You've Found In Your Food?

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bumpity.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Sugar.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Did you know there is fat in food?

I had heard.

And it is tasty, essential and underrated.

65% of my diet is fat and a fair proportion of that is saturated.

Lovely.
  • tmj2191
    tmj2191 Posts: 76
    Options
    Ha bought a box of spaghetti and wasn't paying attention till I got home to cook spaghetti and realized their we're maggots in the box!
  • kebrown73
    kebrown73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I found a ladybug on my hamburger at Wendy's. I was about 14 and my dad looked to see if he got pickles, I opened mine up to look to and found pickles && a ladybug. They said they should charge me extra for the extra protein. Angsty teen me did not find this humorous.

I also found a fish hook in my lo mein at a Chinese restaurant, which actually didn't bother me at all. objects I can do, bugs not so much.

Working at a breakfast chain I once dropped an omelet on the floor and told the cook to make a new one. We were busy and he literally walked around the counter picked it up, put it on the plate and put cheese on top. When I told him I wouldn't serve that he walked out and delivered it to the customer himself. I went out and took it from the guests and said that it needed to be remade and that I wouldn't eat that and didn't want to serve it to them. They actually got rude with me and called the manager because they were "in a hurry." They ended up stiffing me because I delayed their trip by taking away their cooked meal. -- Just something to think about next time your food is taking awhile to come out. Some servers have morals and look out for you :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Calories.

TRUE THAT!!!

I'm lucky to never have found anything discusting in my food. I found a peice of chocolate in my salad once, but that was okay......it was like dinner and dessert all in one.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I found a slug in a carton of apple juice
  • shannyfro
    shannyfro Posts: 641
    Options
    hmmm I have found hair and ABC gum. Disgusting!!
  • goncountry
    goncountry Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    moth in a zaxby's salad.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading at the post about calories! I'm offended that someone would mention something like that here. This is a fitness site and we don't use the C word!!! ;-)
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I was served a SLUG in my salad at an upscale diner in NJ... It was pretty gross to say the least. My meal was then free, but I had completely lost my appetite. How on earth could anyone preparing a salad miss a SLUG??? Nasty. Thanks for bringing back that memory.
  • TisMeEggin
    TisMeEggin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    1/2 a cockroach in the dim sum bun I was eating when I first visited Hong Kong. :sick:
  • treimnitz
    treimnitz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    mold
  • ZoeyRobinson
    Options
    A moth in my salad, a fly in my burger.

I used to be a chef so I have seen..
    The barbell part of a tongue piercing fly into food.
    Someone cuts themselves and blood gets into the food.
    A guy I worked with dropped a chicken on the floor and then in the trash (on purpose) before slicing it and serving it to people. I told management immediately and they said I was "difficult to work with" so I quit.
    Bandaids are fairly common.

In every restaurant I have worked in the majority of kitchen staff are under the influence of drugs and alcohol (sometimes both) and there is nothing more frightening then a person freaking out from cocaine running around the kitchen with a knife.

I am so glad I quit and eat at home.

EDIT: I forgot the comet cleaner in the pancakes at IHOP that caused my mothers gums to triple in size.
  • BigChris2820
    Options
    One day I made a sandwich with some bad mayo. I don't know why I didn't notice it when I was spreading it on the bread but after a bite I knew something was up. I checked under the bread and it was full of hair, like someone had grabbed a fistful from a hair brush and thrown it in. I didn't eat sandwiches or mayo for a very long time.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    fast one!
    A fingernail in a store bought thanksgiving pie.

Were you at least thankful for it?
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I once bit into a chicken sandwich from McDonalds (I can't remember what kind) and this gelatinous blob thing came out. It was almost the size of the whole patty and it had the consistency of fat. It looked like a breast implant.

It's been almost 20 years and I still want to throw up just typing about it.
  • TisMeEggin
    TisMeEggin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    OH!!! And my dad got a mouth full of maggots when he was eating some of the left over chicken we had purchased from a church function. Thank goodness he had the first bite and ran to the sink gagging before any of the rest of the family got started. :sick:
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I made it to "maggots in pepperoni" and had to stop or I'd never eat again. I actually gagged! And I've got a pretty strong stomach, UGH
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My husband prepares my food everyday...he has me second guessing what he'll serve me everyday....One day for lunch in my salad bowl was a piece of plastic from the bag the lettuce was in...he was too lazy to cut the lettuce outside of the bag...smdh
    Another time he served me pancakes with several different strands of hair in them...uggggh...I know he means well...but this was the last and final straw...I lost it and went balistic on him. He sent me to work with a nice cold 24 oz water bottle filled with mold...lil black spores and gooey green spores...I just so happen to pick the bottle up to see why it looked murky...eWWWWW...science project growing in this plastic bottle! And they claim on the bottle that they are mold resistant!:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sad: :explode: :angry: