Why I'm Fat

Options

Replies

• Vizhuhn
    Vizhuhn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Too many pregnancies!
  • Bad eating habits from a young age, no healthy choices in the house, and I hate exercise because I'm so bad at it (which is because of my weight and eating habits. Ironic.) Uncontrollabe binge habits (I think I might have an eating disorder- I can't stop myself no matter what, even if I'm full! Probably just my mentality towards eating.) I love food, and last but not least, I've been overfed since I was a kid and still am, especially by my pushy Aunt who never lets me go on a diet. No matter how hard I try to say no, she forces me to eat five times more than I would've! What the heck! I had to live with her and her cooking for a few months. Oh, so much weight I tried to keep off. Lol nope.
  • Breeslice09
    Options
    Not enough sex, too much ice cream.
  • Vizhuhn
    Vizhuhn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    School. Yep, I blame it all on school. I was thin until I hit first grade and the teacher made me sit still all day. School messed up my perfectly active lifestyle. And as if sitting still all day wasn't enough, then someone decided homework was a good idea. Then I had to come home from sitting in school all day and sit some more. Hey, it's my story, I can tell it any way I want. =)

This is hilarious!! Really? Wow!! I love your story! Those darn teacher alt to be ashamed of themselves for educating us in such a controlled enviroment! Lmbo. Too funny.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Pizza, lattes and crappy ex-boyfriends.

I hope you cook the ex-boyfriends before you eat them. Maybe a little sauce would help?
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Pizza, emotional eating, ice cream aaaand eating out and not cooking WAY too much.
  • sweetjen8302
    sweetjen8302 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Living in New Orleans!!! Theres so much amazing food, and its everywhere!!!
  • dreamsofsomeday
    dreamsofsomeday Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Lack of control
    Lack of exercise
  • Raezor1207
    Raezor1207 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Because I lack discipline and self-control.:ohwell:
    This! Never again, though
  • KimberlyB82
    Options
    Binge snacking at night, lack of exercise and motivation.....eating greasy foods for lunch/dinner....No judgement towards anyone! if you are here on this site, then you are obviously ready to make a change. I know I am!!! I've logged five days in a row! its a very small step towards a new beginning. Good luck to all of you!!!! xoxoxox
  • StormyLlewellyn
    Options
    Honestly too much food not enouph excercise....
    Junk food & Lazy
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Because I ****ing LOVE Burger King. And hate physical activity.
  • minimalist92
    Options
    living in a house where stoners do the shopping....ice cream every night, late night snacks
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm fat because I use food to eat away my emotions. I'm working on handling it, but it's a daily struggle.

That..... and working in an office where people believed sharing was good they liked to share: donuts and cheesecakes a lot! And the trips to DQ for blizzards:-/

And internalizing stress(still working on that). Now I have a nice case of borderline type 2 diabetes.
  • AmyG27
    AmyG27 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Pizza, lattes and crappy ex-boyfriends.

I hope you cook the ex-boyfriends before you eat them. Maybe a little sauce would help?

bahaha :)
  • AmyG27
    AmyG27 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Because I was lazy and didn't care... But thats long gone! :)
  • licialorraine
    Options
    Sonic, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Wild River Pizza, Little Caesars, Beer, Soda...

Oh yeah and laziness and general self denial.

wild river has the best pizza!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    For me it all comes down to emotional eating. I've known what I needed to do for years, but never liked myself enough to do it.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Cause I really don't give a rip about "proving myself" through sports, physical activity or extreme fitness challenges. None of that has or ever will hold any interest for me in the slightiest, teeniest, tiniest little bit. I'd rather read a book or write or teach any day of the week. Even when I do physical things, like family hikes and such, I am motivated by the quality family time and educational opportunities, not the exercise aspect. I don't nor want to set myself any physical challenges for exercise sake alone nor to impress a single person on the planet. It's just not anywhere in my makeup to think that way although I know many people are excited by such things and I say good for them. I wish them all the luck in the world in what are obviously important achievements in their own mind. It's just not me! It's not laziness -- I work hard at what I do. I just don't set my sights or goals in that direction. But given my extreme apathy toward physical exertion (which took a medical crossroads involving the meds for my bum knee and ankle to burn through), I got rather careless about what I ate. Not so much junk food exactly as just alot of high fat, fried foods, mindless snacking and grazing and so on. So 1+1 = 2x my healthy weight goal and an obese BMI. But I am now 15.8 pounds from moving from "obese" to merely "overweight" on that that scale now. So moving in the right direction!
  • Katherine_Nelson
    Katherine_Nelson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh, where to begin...

1. Being born and raised in the deep south. (Baldwin County, Alabama... Look it up. One of the southernmost counties in AL.)
    can you say FRIED EVERYTHING?! lol

2. Getting too big of portions and any food I wanted as a child.

3. Growing up on Mcdonalds

4. Genetics

5. Pure Laziness

6. Not knowing when to say enough is enough.

7. Being introverted and passing the time by hiding in my room by myself and eating alone.

8. Eating late at night so no one could see me.

9. An extreme addiction to doritos...

10. Being a french fry, cheese, cheeseburger, chips, and icecream lover.

The list could go on and on...
    *whew* Glad to get that off my chest.