What do you listen to when you run?

Options

Replies

• seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    When I am the track and it is still light out, I listen to Pandora or a playlist.

Some of my favorite songs with nice beats:

"Stupid Hoe" Nicki Minaj
    "Lose My Breath" Destiny's Child
    "Thanks for Your Time" Gotye
    "Back that *kitten* up" Juvenile
    "Shake That Monkey" 2 Short
    "Shake that *kitten*" Eminem and Nate Dogg
    "She Wolf" Shakira
    Various Mix Ups by Girl Talk
    Eighties music

By the way, I wouldn't listen to my mix with any kids, lol!
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    halestorm offspring linkin park my darkest days loud rock music basically
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My friends thought I was strange because I had a hard time listening to music when I first started running. I was trying to run to the beat of the music and wearing myself out trying to go so fast! Now I don't know how I ever ran without music! When I finished C25K, I started using Pandora. My favorite channels are Hip Hop Pop Cardio Workout and Zumba Fitness Radio.

I run on a bike trail that goes through a park, so I don't have any concerns with traffic, fortunately, but I do keep the volume low and often only keep one ear bud in so I can hear what is going on around me.
  • wattsj56
    wattsj56 Posts: 94
    Options
    I listen to my favourite bands / songs that make me smile... that way I'm in a good mood :)

I listen to You me at Six, Mayday Parade, Starting Line, Boys Like Girls etc.

Mayday<3 You Me At 6, and BLG, seen them all in concert numerous times and listen to them everytime I work out <3.
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Like, Pearl Jam. Or something of that nature.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I'm another audiobook listener. Right now listening to "The Count of Monte Cristo", one of my all time favourite books.
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Songs that aren't too sad or slow, when I hear these I can just stop running entirely, which is bad!
    Usually I listen to something I know well and can sing along to :)
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My current playlist is an ecclectic mix ... but it works for me. I do change it up fairly regualrly and I like the rockabilly stuff - even psychobilly

Current list:

Angels (Angel City) - Between the Eyes
    Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode
    Cold CHisel - Star Hotel
    Dead Kennedys - California Uber Alles
    Iron Maiden - Running Free
    Nena - Retta Mich
    Racey - Lay your love on me
    Stray Cats - Lust in Love
    Body Count - Voodoo
    Runaways - Cherry Bomb
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I mainly listen to Tom Waits and The Beatles when jogging ^^
    Especially from Waits' last album "Bad As Me", lots of nice running songs i my opinion.
  • skschuler
    skschuler Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    There's some great playlists on here!
  • mdb120776
    mdb120776 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know I am a little late but here is a list that I use. It took me a while to find some upbeat songs to run to so good luck on your search.
    Kellie Pickler - Best Days of Your Lfie
    Flo Rida - Club Can't Handle Me
    Right Round
    Maroon 5 - Makes Me Wonder
    Moves Like Jagger
    Edge of Glory
    Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
    Pittbull - Give Me Everything
    I Know you Want Me
    Cobra Starship - You Make Me Feel Good
    ColdPlay -Viva la Vida
    Sean Kingston - Party All Day (Sleep all night)
    Fire Burning
    LMAFO - Party Rock
    Sexy and I know It

Got lots more if you are interested. Just let me know. Some Bryan Adams, Top Gun Anthems, plus.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I quit music when i realized it messed up my pace. i now have all my music sorted by speed, but i somehow find it restrictive and annoying, so i just run without, or listen to a book, if i really am not motivated. If you only get to listen to your book when running, that can be quite the motivation...
    maybe check out rockmyrun.com or the zombies, run! app, i've heard great things about both.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Here's why I don't listen to anything while I run: Years ago my friend was running with her Walkman and didn't hear the car behind her' she stepped in front of it, got hit, and was lucky all she broke was her leg.

I run outdoors, and I want to hear the vehicles around me.

i nearly got run over at a crosswalk once because someone ran a red light. i heard it coming, so i didn't walk right in front of it, but it's a very good reason not to wear both earbuds....
  • Mcampbell75
    Mcampbell75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing these websites. jog.fm looks great. And I agree some of those ridiculous pop songs are the best to keep me going.:smile:
    Sorry I thought i replied to a specific post, but apparently did something wrong. Still working on figuring all this out.:laugh:
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Nothing. My own thoughts. The sound of nature around me. The wind through the trees. The sound of my footfalls on the road.

This! I love music so much, but when I run I like to get lost in my thoughts.
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I get clapped along by huge crowds of people! or at least the sound of my thighs slapping together sounds like that....
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    Going to read this later :)

Unfortunately my iPod is Mia right now!! :(
  • AnewTif
    AnewTif Posts: 26
    Options
    I like a mix of The Hives (never a slow song!), KMFDM, Amanda Palmer, Franz Ferdinand, Rob Zombie, Florence + the Machine, The Black Ghosts, Does it Offend You, Yeah? (yes, that is the band's name), MIA. Pretty eclectic, but it keeps me energized.

Whoohoo, someone else that listens to KMFDM.

My favorites to run to are KMFDM, Kasabian, Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, but I also listen to The Cure, Love and Rockets and New Order.
  • redmapleleaf
    redmapleleaf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My favourite is anything by The Offspring.
  • heartsoulshannon
    heartsoulshannon Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I surprised myself because at the gym I NEEDED the iPod, but when I had to run outside once without it (battery was dead), I found I actually enjoy running more without it :) That being said, I also love listening to podcasts. I think that because they're more involved and I actually think about them, I don't think about 'ughhhh I've only run a mile... when's the next mile marker?!' type stuff as much :) haha.

Regardless, back to your question.. I like ridiculous songs for running. Sexy And I know It or really anything LMFAO, anything Ke$ha, The Lazy Song (a little ironic, maybe ;)) and I love me some Hot Chelle Rae.