Pregnancy test help (pic)

Options
midcoast_mommy
midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
So a few days ago, I took an equate blue dye pregnancy test and saw a faint little line that I wasn't sure about. I then drank some water and bought a First Response digital test that said I was not pregnant. Today, I used the other equate test and a thin blue line definitely came up within a minute. I think I'm about 2 days late, but I don't think my cycles have become regular since I stopped birth control 6 months ago. My question is, does it look like a positive to you? The line looks more clear in person than in the photo.
EDIT: Yes, it would be wonderful news! Lol
2jryt.jpg

Replies

• wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It does to me. Good luck.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Looks like a postive to me. :flowerforyou:
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    looks like it to me. if you aren't sure then go see your DR :)
  • Catie_v2
    Catie_v2 Posts: 67
    Options
    I see the line too...and the control worked (2nd window). Hmmm...I know the different tests base their accuracy on how many days since missing your period. And if it has only been a couple then possibly your levels are just increasing which is why the line is so light. I would call my doctor - see if they can run the blood test...? Because even if you aren't pregnant something is triggering that line to appear.

Good luck! Can't tell if it would be good news or not but whatever your hope is - I hope it comes true!
  • charl2712
    charl2712 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I looks positive to me hun! Good Luck!!
  • canarymummy
    Options
    Looks like a positive to me! I had one similar with my last pregnancy. Give it a few more days & do another test. x
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Get a blood test from the Dr. if you want to know for sure now.
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    These tests are not fail-safe, but usually reliable in detecting HGC levels. Even the ones at the dollar store are really really reliable. But I wouldn't take that as a positive. Its a very faint line, and could be compromised. I would never use one of these to assume I was pregnant, only to prompt further confirmation of yes/no.

Best bet: If you have a SUSPICION that may may be pregnant, you should make an appointment with your OB/GYN. Then, your doc can determine if you truly are pregnant.
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    looks like its positive to me also,but i would wait a few days and test again and then make appt with ur dr. good luck!
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm always heard that any hint of positive is a positive, so it looks like a positive to me. Likely in a few days if you try again it will be more obvious.

I think the digital tests are often less sensitive in the earlier stages than the "old fashioned" stick tests.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i say no.....
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a line. If still in doubt, re-test in another day or two...
  • liss125
    liss125 Posts: 77
    Options
    Yay! Positive! I think so, anyway :)
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    looks positive, but you might be so early that the hormone levels aren't enough to show up. I had a result like that with my second pregnancy. Give it a few more days and retest. If the results are still the same, call the Dr.
  • helenecg
    helenecg Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to my best friend and her son is 2 now. Good Luck!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Looks like your eggo is preggo to me :)
  • futuresizeeight
    Options
    Looks positive to me :)
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    The same thing happened to me with my first pregnancy!

Use your first pee of the morning! Test again tomorrow with a different brand (but not digital) I like first response or ept!

I don't like those digital tests especially after filling up on water which would just dilute the urine and reducing the detectable amount of pregnancy hormone.

I would bet that you are preggers! Congrats!
  • CriosDubh
    CriosDubh Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • ChrissyLpwe
    ChrissyLpwe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh i remember these days. Retest first thing in the morning :) GOOD LUCK!!