What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• villachgo
    Options
    I need to lose weight because of health concerns. I don't want to contract diabetes, suffer a stroke or a heart attack. I am really worried about all these so I HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT AND I NEED SOME HELP.
  • Maria_T007
    Maria_T007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Honestly its for me! But I'm hoping it helps my marriage also! :)
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I was to be stronger and LOOK stronger(with less of a fat layer) and I want to be a great example to my daughter and feel good regardless what I'm wearing .. or not wearing! : )
  • angusmike
    Options
    Health reasons. Had high blood glucose readings back in May due to long-term complications from acute pancreatitus. Started exercising, lost two inches off my waist and about six pounds. Glucose levels are averaging around 120 now. Hoping this will help me avoid insulin injections.

Good luck with your efforts. :happy:
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I want to smile more. My husband said that when I was thinner, I smiled more. The comment made me cry and woke
    me up at the same time.

I want to be here to see my girls grow up.

I would love to go shopping and have fun. Right now, it's complete torture to buy clothes for myself.

I want to know what sexy feels like.

I want to be healthier... stop snoring, lose the heartburn, be able to walk up stairs with no pain, etc.

AND... I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid at the end of April and I don't want to be the
    only fat bridesmaid. Both my Sister's are a size 0!!
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    my honest reason: i am not a victim. but i've telling myself way too long that's it's okay to be one.
  • horsehockey
    horsehockey Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    To make life easier. Every single aspect of life requires less effort when you're fit, that's all there is to it. From how you move to what you buy to what you can accomplish with far less effort, to how others look at you, to how you view yourself (which is most important of all..

Whoever said "it never gets easier, you just go faster" never experienced a weight issue. Simple as that :)
  • awilcox1014
    Options
    My knees hurt and I want to FIT in an airline seat without spilling over onto whomever is beside me.
  • SharkGirl82
    Options
    1.) my body is a temple of God therefore i should take care of it
    2.) i want to be a good example to my kids
    3.) i wanna feel as sexy as my husband thinks i am
    4.) to shop for super cute clothes (and actually like the way they look on me!)

27434699.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Joethebull
    Options
    to be honest not sure. I would like to think it will help with increasing my mental functions(get smarter,more creative, etc), reduce depression, and increase confidence. At one point I tried to convince myself I'll have more sex if I do. But that extremely most likely indefinitely won't happen. I will still be boring:laugh:
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Narcissism
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Mostly my EDNOS makes me competitive with my friends[if i know they're on a diet] and its bugs me so much that i NEED and WANT to beat them, be the thinnest, fittest, fastest, not the failure. But also just being able to pick up a size 4/6 of a rack and know it will fit! :D

Meeeep, me too. :) Hello there.
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    My father had so many health problems from being close to 300 lbs. I watched him suffer my entire childhood as he struggled with compulsive eating, and worried about keeping his job because he never felt well. I worried about him every day growing up and worried that it would be a genetic battle for me as well. At 65 his heart stopped. That is my reason for losing weight.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Vanity and health.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm literally terrified of ending up like my mom's side of the family...overweight and hobbling when they walk.

:( and my family is very weight conscious...it's always the first thing they notice and have always noticed about me. f-tards.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    to be honest not sure. I would like to think it will help with increasing my mental functions(get smarter,more creative, etc), reduce depression, and increase confidence. At one point I tried to convince myself I'll have more sex if I do. But that extremely most likely indefinitely won't happen. I will still be boring:laugh:

I mean, isn't it kind of depressing when you realize that--maybe not--I'm more apathetic. But I could have huge arms and a six pack, and I'll still be weird as hell. :)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Because no one respects the fat chick.
  • TisMeEggin
    TisMeEggin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I want to live.
  • Daniwa1
    Daniwa1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All I want is flat abs! I could have the biggest butt and thighs but as long as my abs are flat I'm cool:)
  • jpbeck
    jpbeck Posts: 30
    Options
    Was diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure, and high triglycerides. All of these was a direct result of my high weight, with the possible exception of high triglycerides because my mom's family has it. That and having emergency ventral hernia repair that was caused by my weight.

Edit: All of this before 40.