What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• raebeezzz
    Options
    I don't want to feel bad about my weight and I want to be able to buy clothing that I like.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Vanity. Lol, but also health, changing our family lifestyle, want my boys to be healthy.
  • Iwillrunagain
    Options
    To set the best example for my kids that I can......to feel good about myself.............and most of all to feel strong!
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    So I could enjoy our trip to Europe last fall but kept going once we got home.
  • mrsb102
    mrsb102 Posts: 16
    Options
    At the beginning of 2011, I weighed around 203. I didn't like the way I felt and said I never would weigh that much. So, I started going to spinning and body pump classes. Since then, I weigh around 185-187 lbs. I would like to lose another 10 lbs, though. I can say though aside from the weight, I also lost inches and went down 2 pant sizes (depending on the store, lol).
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I hate the way I look in pictures and next year I will be going to Europe with my boyfriend (hopefully will leave with a fiance =) and I wanna look amazing in the pictures plus I don't wanna be that fat bride in a bikini....because we will be eloping in Fiji. I wanna also feel good about myself which I haven't done in a long time
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    third to the ones I have posted, I want to feel less fat and ugly.... and more... fit and .... ether muscly or thin.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    But what finally got me fully committed to taking the weight back off was health reasons.
    I'm on high blood pressure pills, my cholesterol became borderline, I think I'm hypoglycemic and I started getting very tired. And that was the last straw.

Similar to what this gal wrote, except I'm on 2 meds for BP, 2 meds for cholesterol/lipids and was just dx'd with DM2, and that dx was my last straw. I'd like to reduce or get rid of the meds I take. So my HONEST answer is for health reasons. Truly could care less about looking hot or sexy but I would like to not be fat/obese.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Get back into my cool clothes.
  • Alzzak
    Alzzak Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    third to the ones I have posted, I want to feel less fat and ugly.... and more... fit and .... ether muscly or thin.

that and add handsome
  • Stephsynurse
    Options
    To look better than all my friends for once :) Also to feel better about myself and how I raise my kids!
  • jimvandam33
    jimvandam33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To get a hot girlfriend and to look amazing
  • bubbaflip
    Options
    I can't speak for many on here, just myself. Reason I want to lose, actually are 2 reasons. 1) when I realized that a 49 inch waist was probably gonna put me 6 feet under before I'm 50 if I didn't do something. 2) I wanna be around long enough to watch my niece and nephew grow up.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    when i was back in high school my buddies would show off their arms and they little bicep bumps and i had nothing! So i had to buy my dbs back then. Also i didn't want to have sex with the body i had back then :P
  • jdswaker
    jdswaker Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So i can see my willy, to see what all the fuss is about ;-)

LOL...good one!
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    This extra weight makes me slower than I should be. I want to be competitive in my running and triathlon races.
  • mandolinaboxers
    Options
    I want to look hot find a man and lots of sex!:smooched:
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    To eliminate my ankle and knee pain -- either because the weight loss will "change the weight bearing characteristics on the joints" as my doctor says --OR-- (and I think this is more likely) I will prove to my doctor that there is more to the problem than just my weight even if they can't find what's wrong (and has been progressively wrong for at least 23 years WAY before I gained all the weight) so they will have to stop blaming it on weight when I've done my part and really get in there and look around and find out what's going on and get it fixed for real. Either way I lose the pain so it's a win-win scenario!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    If I'm completely honest with myself, it's pure vanity. Cuter clothes, more confidence.

It's also not a popular opinion but I think that my husband deserves to have a hot wife. He's a good looking guy and he's fantastic, he totally deserves a wife to match. He never said a peep about my weight, but it's been for him just as much as it has been for me. We both benefit.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I'm 20kg lighter than I used to be 4 years ago.
    I think I look fekking amazing compared to then.
    But, now I'm playing derby and it's ok to be bigger and wear the uniform, but I don't want me to be asking for pics removed because I look crappy or to be the one the texts go around about after the pics go up 'Did you see Pwnie's *kitten* in that shot?'
    I don't want my tattoo artist to tattoo massive thighs.
    I don't want to be the fat slow one at derby anymore.
    I don't want to be full of excuses why I don't commit to my health.
    I don't want to sit in the car with my PT friend and make excuses to her why I didn't get off my butt this week.

Mine is vanity and performance around derby. I want to kick lots of *kitten*, not have it.